X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved the Waid era of the Flash, so it doesn't bother me lol

~M~

Comment

• The first Waid run remains my favorite Flash run of all time. I think he overdid it on the speedsters, speed force and evil twin brother, but Waid did some of my favorite stuff.

Comment

• Yo.

ok, so last nites eps was prolly the dumbest we've seen on this show:
        1. Cisco being surprised that his bros death was due to FP (like, hadn't we dealt with that 3 eps ago, and wasn't it pretty obvious then??)
        2. the reveal of Julian being Doc Alchemy was kinda spoiled last eps, but his hackwriters requirement of Barry to keep Kaitlin safe was .....typical, if Im to be charitable (which isn't saying much)
        3. Kaitlins whole "my powers are making me act this way and I cant stop'em, so my actions aren't my fault.....until Im faced with an act I don't wanna do, so I take control" -story was both yawn-worthy AND predictable; Ive never been so bored looking at her on-screen than I was last nite, becuz ya just KNEW she wasn't gonna stay locked up.
        4. Joes whole "I don't understand the science" -standpoint is a valid 1 to have for him, but his whole "Gotta Trust Mah Gut Becuz Reasons" -mentality was just lame & a sad effort to help move the story/generate drama.
        5. am I the only 1 disappointed that they made Savitar come off as a monsterous cult leader, rather than a time-displaced HUMAN 3rd-worlder w/dreams of being more than he really is? real talk, I was disappointed with his look. :/

....and thankfully, I don't have anything bad to speak about for Iris, cuz shes *usually* the worst character to watch on the show (next to the Crimson Moron himself) with all of her overly-needy & selfish behavior. I hope this trend continues, but I doubt it will.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

and oh yea: since Parkman is now on the show, does this mean JJ Abrams will be directing an episode or 2 sometime this season?

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tazer View Post
            Yo.

1. Cisco being surprised that his bros death was due to FP (like, hadn't we dealt with that 3 eps ago, and wasn't it pretty obvious then??)
            2. the reveal of Julian being Doc Alchemy was kinda spoiled last eps, but his hackwriters requirement of Barry to keep Kaitlin safe was .....typical, if Im to be charitable (which isn't saying much)
            3. Kaitlins whole "my powers are making me act this way and I cant stop'em, so my actions aren't my fault.....until Im faced with an act I don't wanna do, so I take control" -story was both yawn-worthy AND predictable; Ive never been so bored looking at her on-screen than I was last nite, becuz ya just KNEW she wasn't gonna stay locked up.
            4. Joes whole "I don't understand the science" -standpoint is a valid 1 to have for him, but his whole "Gotta Trust Mah Gut Becuz Reasons" -mentality was just lame & a sad effort to help move the story/generate drama.
            5. am I the only 1 disappointed that they made Savitar come off as a monsterous cult leader, rather than a time-displaced HUMAN 3rd-worlder w/dreams of being more than he really is? real talk, I was disappointed with his look. :/

....and thankfully, I don't have anything bad to speak about for Iris, cuz shes *usually* the worst character to watch on the show (next to the Crimson Moron himself) with all of her overly-needy & selfish behavior. I hope this trend continues, but I doubt it will.

Tazer

Sup.

Word to everything up there.

Savitar comes off as a poor knock off of Megatron and it's annoying the show is on a treadmill of Speedster Big Baddies. Just do Gorilla City and/or a battle with the entire Rogue Gallery.

Wally will need to go to Keystone City at some point to make his own mark.

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
            Yo.

and oh yea: since Parkman is now on the show, does this mean JJ Abrams will be directing an episode or 2 sometime this season?

Tazer
            Lens flare episode.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
              Lens flare episode.
              I could TOTALLY see this effect happening at some point this season:

Tazer

Comment

*cracks knuckles*

1. Cisco was originally P.O.'d at Barry because he wouldn't go back in time and alter that Dante had died. Nobody volunteered to be looped-in on what had changed after Flashpoint, so Cisco didn't know.

2. Yeah, I will concede that "person Barry trusts is secretly a villain" is kind of a tried method with these writers, though I think the CW's casting of an actor so famed for playing a complicated villain had audiences guessing, "...no, it's too obvious, he can't be Alchemy..."

3. The turnaround of Killer Frost back to Caitlin Snow was fine. I didn't find it particularly exciting, but her earlier action scene/make-out session with Barry and her subsequent cussing him out /more than/ made up for it, IMO.

4. Joe has always been the gut instinct guy. Where have you been, old man, sleeping on your couch?

5. Who is to say that Savitar isn't a time-displaced human (You aren't gonna get the Third World because they're saving the New Gods for the DC Cinematic Universe, sorry ) posing as a monstrous cult leader. His manipulation of the Speed Force could easily be future tech of some kind. Fans are already throwing around the theory that he's H.R.'s unnamed business partner from Earth-Whatever-The-Fuck with just some souped-up tech.

6. Iris is wonderful and you, good sir, can kindly GTFO if you think otherwise.

Comment

• I agree with Tazer Iris is the worst

Comment

• Nah, Iris is the best.

Comment

• Iris is terrible. Or at least she was. Now she's graduated to okay. The show and her character have really benefited from giving her less screen time.
                      MEH

Comment

• Originally posted by Fearless View Post

5. Who is to say that Savitar isn't a time-displaced human (You aren't gonna get the Third World because they're saving the New Gods for the DC Cinematic Universe, sorry ) posing as a monstrous cult leader. His manipulation of the Speed Force could easily be future tech of some kind. Fans are already throwing around the theory that he's H.R.'s unnamed business partner from Earth-Whatever-The-Fuck with just some souped-up tech.

Nameless guy has a name now, can't remember what it was though I'm sure he'll turn out to be Savitar.

And Iris is gorgeous. That's about all she's got going for her.

~M~

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Fearless View Post
                          *cracks knuckles*
                          *tries to find his computers KB while eyes are still unfocused due to "The Itis" still having a deathgrip on him.....*

1. Cisco was originally P.O.'d at Barry because he wouldn't go back in time and alter that Dante had died. Nobody volunteered to be looped-in on what had changed after Flashpoint, so Cisco didn't know.
                          ...and I don't remem Barry telling any1 a whole lot of specifics on wat was diff either, so unless my famously fragile memory is fracturing once again, Id say she likely FIGURED IT OUT? I MEAN come on MAN!! this is something just about ANYBODY (including Cisco, and not even needing to be 5th lvl IQ) could've done if they'd noticed that returned-Barry didn't know/remember that Dante was dead, like *he* witnessed 1st hand. :/

2. Yeah, I will concede that "person Barry trusts is secretly a villain" is kind of a tried method with these writers, though I think the CW's casting of an actor so famed for playing a complicated villain had audiences guessing, "...no, it's too obvious, he can't be Alchemy..."
                          .....I honestly have no idea wat other bodies of work that actor has done, so that didn't apply to me as this is the 1st I can recall seeing him anywhere. *shrug*

3. The turnaround of Killer Frost back to Caitlin Snow was fine. I didn't find it particularly exciting, but her earlier action scene/make-out session with Barry and her subsequent cussing him out /more than/ made up for it, IMO.

4. Joe has always been the gut instinct guy. Where have you been, old man, sleeping on your couch?
                          Im not saying he wasn't ever that, but his claim that he typically ignored it due to being in a room w/ppl smarter than him.........except he couldnt do so *THEN* (becuz "gut reasons", and not "Fuck all ya'll!! That's mah son in dere & I wants him FREE!") was such a lame & transparent dramatic hook I feel embarrassed for whatever writer came up w/it.

and btw, FUCK YOU. so wat if I was curled up on mah couch, trying to cram more sweet potato casserole down my gullet with a leftover turkey leg!

..........DONT JUDGE MEH!!!!!!

*belches*

ok, that's fair enuff. my gripe is mostly due to lamenting not being able to see the DCtvU's 1st non-American & non-caucasian speedster as a person, rather than *yet another* inhuman boogeyman w/blue lightning who's (again, *YET AGAIN*) faster than Barry.

and if they end up making him the alt of HR's partner, then that's just lame becuz we've already seen wat he looks like, and...well....U can prolly guess where Im going w/this thought, so I wont bother to finish it. :/

as eye-candy, yes. but if she were MY gf, Id have already broken up w/her; her sense of entitlement of wat she's supposed to be included in as a gf is very, VERY skewered.

NO THANKS.

Tazer
                          Tazer
                          That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
                          Last edited by Tazer; 11-25-2016, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Iris is being written IMHO as your typical millennial. Self righteous, entitled, and more "Its About Me" in her actions than is really healthy. Especially for someone living in that universe. Typical millennial generally. I personally find much of the writing for her annoying to a point of near unwatchability. Plus the shows tone recently of "Friendship Is Magic" and "Emo Barry Needs A Hug" is really getting to me. We need Snart back or something to get the show out of Emo mode and back into High Speed Ass Kickery ..

vDarth_Andrea

Comment

• The only real problem I have with the show at this point is the overreliance on speedster villains. I thought this would be the season that they broke that mold, but it looks like Alchemy is just a speedster lackey. I wish the writers would have put more time into Mirror Master or made Killer Frost the big bad of the season.

As far as the characterizations, there really isn't anything to dislike at this point. I've even come around to the idea that H.R. can be tactically smart even without scientific knowledge.
                              Big Blue Lantern
                              Corps Honor Guard
                              Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 11-27-2016, 11:24 AM.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

.....I honestly have no idea wat other bodies of work that actor has done, so that didn't apply to me as this is the 1st I can recall seeing him anywhere. *shrug*
                                You haven't seen the Harry Potter movies? He was Draco Malfoy.

Comment

Working...
                                X