Green Lantern #20 *Previews/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
    Zero Hour was Shakespeare compared to this dreck.

Comment

Lol Zero Hour.

Comment

No, we're going to find out that the power ring wearing hand at the beginning of the universe is Hal's. Hal Jordan created the universe. DUMB.
        You mean we're actually going from Hal is God to God is Hal?

Comment

Okay, trying another tack here. For those of you like Dave and SD80Mac that have long, long memories, you'll remember the prior use of the name Volthoom as a comic character. It occurred in Justice League of America (Vol 1) issues 29 and 30, a crossover JLA/JSA event introducing villains from alternative "Earth-Three". Volthoom was the name of the Poonghie who gave a magical power ring to a villain (appropriately named "Power Ring"). This ring was magical in nature, not unlike Alan Scott's; its central logo was like a four-legged starfish. There was a destructive force created by this ring associated with one of the traps our heroes faced. It was channeled into deep space by none other than our GL Hal.

Let us hypothesize for a moment: that destructive force was sentient, perhaps the embodiment of the Poonghie; it somehow coalesced as a turquoise ring, came to rest on a deep space traveler in a future generation, and corrupted him. He traveled back in time to recapture more of the power associated with the magic. This is why we now have "templar" Guardians entering the picture. Not guarding a temple, but guarding time itself.

But knowing Johns, it's something completely different. At the moment, I like the time-traveling-Parallax destroys Volthoom idea about the best...

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Evergreen City View Post
            it somehow coalesced as a turquoise ring,
            I really hope not, 9 colors is far enough for me.

Comment

Cannot wait for this, and super excited for #21.
              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Here's another wrinkle, as I just got caught up on Stormwatch...the DC Universe was already altered and reset last month, in issue #19. Is any other book going to bother reflecting this, even though the changes therein are staggering?
                The last fan of 1990s comics
                Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Here's another wrinkle, as I just got caught up on Stormwatch...the DC Universe was already altered and reset last month, in issue #19. Is any other book going to bother reflecting this, even though the changes therein are staggering?
                  You're crazy. Asking for actual editing work? I think you're asking for too much. It's like asking for Power Girl's new costume to look the same in Supergirl, World's finest and Channel 52. You should know better SD80MAC, you should know better.

Comment

I know, I know. Shame on me.

Comment

I'm trying to check my expectations as I anticipate GL #20. I want it so badly to be good - to somehow reconcile most of what Johns has introduced - but I also expect to be strung along. I do look forward to seeing the all star artist mashup - those are always fun.

I'm rather pissed that it was delayed from its May 1 solicitation.

Comment

It's going to be a mess. Johns himself has said that the last four pages are going to make fans' heads explode. I doubt they'll explode with joy.

Comment

It's going to be a mess. Johns himself has said that the last four pages are going to make fans' heads explode. I doubt they'll explode with joy.
                          Oh God. We are so f***ed.

Comment

I'm going on a "blackout" for the next few weeks, anyway; since GLC #20 is coming out today, and it's the epilogue, I don't want to see spoilers.

Comment

Pushing GL #20 back was a smart move considering Free Comic Book Day was this past Saturday. Geoff Johns last GL book shouldn't just be handed out for free.

Comment

That's not how Free Comic Book Day works. The only free comics are ones that were printed especially for that purpose. You can't just go grab whatever comic you want for free...

Comment

Working...
                                X