Rumor: DC Comics To Publish New Sinestro Corps Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor: DC Comics To Publish New Sinestro Corps Ongoing

DC Comics To Publish New Sinestro Corps Ongoing – Making It The Sixth Green Lantern Monthly Comic
    Green Lantern

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Green Lantern Corps

Red Lantern

Larfleeze

And now… Sinestro Corps, the sixth monthly Green Lantern title, will be announced at San Diego Comic Con and will probably spin out of the upcoming Lights Out event.

Makes sense… Sinestro was the one thing people liked in that movie after all.

Will this mark Geoff Johns rather swift return to the family of GL books, after his much ballyhooed departure? I'm having a difficult time seeing him allow somebody else to write such a book (provided it actually stars Sinestro).

Comment

This kind of shit makes me want to quit buying comics.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Don't we have enough non-Green Lantern titles?

At some point, we can look forward to the Indigo Tribe series and a Blue Lantern Corps title... and points to Mr. Ed for using the word "ballyhoo" in a sentence.

Comment

When's this going to end? Probably when I'm dead from weeping uncontrollably.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
            Don't we have enough non-Green Lantern titles?

At some point, we can look forward to the Indigo Tribe series and a Blue Lantern Corps title... and points to Mr. Ed for using the word "ballyhoo" in a sentence.
            Well if people actually bought titles like Sword of Sorcery, Blue Beetle, Vibe, Katana, Dial H, Captain Atom, etc. maybe this wouldn’t happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              Well if people actually bought titles like Sword of Sorcery, Blue Beetle, Vibe, Katana, Dial H, Captain Atom, etc. maybe this wouldn’t happen.

Comment

I understand everyone's frustation with all the new lantern title but in all honesty this one should have happened way before any of the other ones. Funny enough I recall alot of people saying things to that effect when they announced Red Lanterns. SO many people were saying the Red Lanterns were not interesting enough to carry their own book and that Sinestro Corps would have been much better. Now we finally get one and....
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  It's true!

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                    I understand everyone's frustation with all the new lantern title but in all honesty this one should have happened way before any of the other ones. Funny enough I recall alot of people saying things to that effect when they announced Red Lanterns. SO many people were saying the Red Lanterns were not interesting enough to carry their own book and that Sinestro Corps would have been much better. Now we finally get one and....
                    You can never please a fan, they’ll just keep complaining.

I expected a Sinestro Corps title from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
                      Now we finally get one and....
                      ...there's still five other books. That's the problem.
                      The last fan of 1990s comics
                      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I've actually never thought that Sinestro Corps would make a better book. I can't really picture what a Sinestro Corps book would be about, because as a Corps, they have no real guiding principle. Fear? What about it? I mean Sinestro is an interesting character, I admit (especially as a villain) but when he created the Sinestro Corps, it was merely a means of forcing the Guardians' hands into allowing the GLC to kill. Sinestro didn't seem to have any real purpose for his Corps beyond that.

With that accomplished, what they heck are they supposed to do, as a Corps? They are just a bunch of psychopaths, looking to inspire fear. Their loyalty to Sinestro seems like it would be based mainly on a.) perhaps some programming by the rings, and b.) the fact that all he really seemed to ask of them, most of the time, is to just keep freaking people out, and he gave them MUCH more power to do so.

I'm not sure how you sustain a series about psychopaths scaring people. At least the Reds seem to have conjured up some kind of anti-hero role for themselves, serving the cause of revenge against "evildoers", however they choose to define that.

Comment

Sinestro Corps ongoing would definitely have made sense before the Red Lanterns. The timing is odd now since unless they almost have to have the book star Arkillo after the ending of GL #20 (though Sinestro could be like the Emperor, leading from behind the scenes).

What I don't get is why not a Blue Lantern title instead? Saint Walker is strong enough a character to carry a book, and with the Blues and Greens working together much more with the Templar Guardians in charge, it would be easy enough to have the Blue Lanterns online and operating at their max potential.
                          "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
                          Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
                          Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
                          who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
                          to change the world. This time, Lord...
                          Let me be worthy."

Comment

Oddly enough, Red Lanterns still aren't interesting enough to carry its own weight, yet it sells somehow. I'll probably drop New Guardians (now that this First Lantern arc is over) and start with the Sinestro Corps title... and I'm not touching Larfleeze. The proverbial line has to be drawn somewhere.

Comment

Well let's hope and pray that now that the book "we all wanted" is out people will stop buying the other ones and they will get cancelled not that I care about their existence either way.

Also why do we (using this as a general term) hate when there are multiple titles for a certain character as if we are mandated to pick up the book. Just don't buy the damn thing or pay it any mind. Complain about it once and then move on. There are like 8 Bat family titles I buy two and ignore all the rest. Why is that so difficult?
                              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X