No announcement yet.

Green Lantern Omnibus Volumes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along the way I had to decide what constituted a book needing to be in my GL collection. Action Comics Weekly run? Yes. B+B, DC Presents and other teamup books? Yes. Adventure strip? Yes. JLA because he was a member? No. I only include JLA stories that focused on GL. Other things like Guy Gardner, Darkstars, and New Guardians also go in my GL collection. If GL just makes an appearance in another title, it may or may not go with my GL books. If it's part of a crossover or arc (like Gorilla Warfare in Wally's run) then all the issues go in the GL boxes.

I also have those styrene divider cards labelled with different runs, minis, reprints, etc.

Then I have things I put with my GL collection that make me feel guilty for doing so. The Flash backup run for example. It kills me that I don't have those books in my Flash longboxes. So much so, that from time to time I toy with the idea of buying second copies of them just to soothe my inner Flash fanboy!

Right now I have almost 6 longboxes of GL titles, and that's not counting my bookcase of trades and hardcovers. With DC's insistence that everything has 2 or 3 covers, and events like Blackest Night and Brightest Day, it's gotten out of control in the last couple of years.

Comment

I just go by title, so the Action run is in my Superman/Action box. If I got the Flash run, it'd go with the other Flashes.

Comment

got the 2nd omnibus for christmas. What a great addition to the collection. Has first appearances of black hand as well as other villains. A must buy. I think i will stop buying the chronicles it doesnt make sense to buy both and the omnibus includes more and better paper.

Comment

Originally posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
          got the 2nd omnibus for christmas. What a great addition to the collection. Has first appearances of black hand as well as other villains. A must buy. I think i will stop buying the chronicles it doesnt make sense to buy both and the omnibus includes more and better paper.
          Same here! I'm curious to read both volumes.
          What I found really funny is the prices of the issues 10c, 12c

Comment

Cool for both of you for scoring the omnibuses for Christmas. They really ARE very nice. Silver age goodness making the rounds!

Comment

Been awhile since this thread's been bumped. Volume 7 of the archives is now forthcoming. so I renew my dedication to the Archives series and hope it goes through #89 (what with the Baxter reprints of 76-89 minus 88 having been done, and done, and done again, the Adams art is in pretty good shape).

Dave, I'm right behind you with my Hal collection, but covering the ground a little more conservatively. Archives as far as they go, Showcase Presents for stopgap on the middle ground, Baxters for the Adamses, and in original 88, 90-224 of Volume 2, 1-50 and a few more of Volume 3, all of Volume 4, all of Volume 5, half the Justice Leagues I need to buy again, all the Actions, most of the Annuals and Specials and TPBs not seen elsewhere...need the three Adventures... @%*t, it's been a busy and expensive year since the movie came out! Who said retirement was going to be easy? Next Comicon in September (Jet City), it'll be filling in Kyles...my lowest priority...out of the quarter boxes.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Been awhile since this thread's been bumped. Volume 7 of the archives is now forthcoming. so I renew my dedication to the Archives series and hope it goes through #89 (what with the Baxter reprints of 76-89 minus 88 having been done, and done, and done again, the Adams art is in pretty good shape).
                Man I loved those Baxter reprints back in the day. Those books opened a wole new world to me of great comics that I missed only because I was unfortunate enough to be born later. The GL/GA run, Deadman, Marshall Rogers Batman...because of those I started to really work on my back issue lists. It took years (okay, decades) until I had real disposable income to piss away on my comic habit, but I did finish off all my personal faves, from the silver age onward. The ones I didn't were ones I lost interest in anyway.

And I'm glad to see DC forging ahead, even if it's inch by inch, with the archive line. I'd just hate to see it die. I'll buy GL in both archive and omnibus format if they keep going with them. The dream of a completed GL volume 2 in one hardcover format lives on!!!

Next Comicon in September (Jet City), it'll be filling in Kyles...my lowest priority...out of the quarter boxes.
                I own them out of my need for completism, but I HEAR ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                  I own them out of my need for completism, but I HEAR ya!
                  As actor Tony Shalhoub used to say about that obsessive-compulsive detective he played on TV for eight seasons, "I think there's a little Adrian Monk in all of us..." Yeah, nothing like completing the run!

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

What are the chances of a Volume 4 GL Omnibus? If there's no chances then I might think about some bindings that I hear people have been doing.

Comment

Hold of on that. I'd be shocked if they didn't do a 4th GL omnibus.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                        Hold of on that. I'd be shocked if they didn't do a 4th GL omnibus.
                        I wouldn't be. Omnibus 3 will take them up through GL/GA, the popular beginning issues of which have already been collected on NUMEROUS occasions. I'm not convinced that they are interested in collecting anything past that point for quite some time.

Comment

Well what's the youngest comicbook volume to get an omnibus?

Comment

I want a Omnibus of the Silver age Flash stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                              No. Archives are in color. Chronicles are in color. Omnibus is in color. The only differences are amount of content per volume, and binding. Archives and Omnibus are HC, Chronicles are TPB.
                              Good to know. Been wondering what those Omnibus titles are about. I only got Showcase and Chronicles because they are cheaper being TPB.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

Is Volume 3 is going to come out?

Comment

Working...
                                X