DCUO Free to Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^
    This is the best argument I have heard yet. I shall quote this when ever the argument arises. Thank you sir

Comment

The free optons aren't a bad deal at all especialy the premium, one problem for me is the cash limiting, repairs, supplies for raids etc, cost way more then 2500 ingame gold, also the six char limit, currently I have 13 characters, and I'm not gona pay them 70 bucks extra(assuming character slot are 10 bucks each) to keep those extra seven characters. So for me really the legendary plan is probably the best deal, I hope you stil get the option to pay off for life.

Comment

Glad to hear they're going F2P. Now all I need is a goddamn graphics card that can handle it...

Comment

WOW from pay to play to free to play in under a year? I wonder if this will become FTP before City of Heroes Freedom (their FTP)?
          http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
          http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
          Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
          I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

wait.... coh is free now ????

Haven't played that in years...

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

Yo.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/06/21/ci...-free-to-play/

City of Heroes goes free-to-play
              I gotta say that I like the following part:

Returning City of Heroes Players:

-Get everything that play-for-free players get.
              -Retain everything you already purchased or unlocked, including character slots, super boosters, expansions, Veteran Rewards, and Epic archetypes.
              Ive already got a couple of toons on a few servers; maybe I should jump into this again?

any1 else thinking about it?

Tazer
              Tazer
              That Evil, Yellow Bastiche
              Last edited by Tazer; 09-27-2011, 03:03 PM.

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

ill pick this up since its free
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

I wonder is my characters names are still there.. its been 2 years for me...

Comment

Alright, i'm back in both COH and DCUO lol

Comment

Yo.

guess I gotta re-activate my CoH -acct..........

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                        Yo.

guess I gotta re-activate my CoH -acct..........

Tazer
                        Lemme know when yer in

Comment

I'm sorry DCUO isn't going "Free To Play" it's giving you a extended Trial, it doesn't allow you to go to the games full level cap. It also restricts which areas you can go to and stops your character when it hits level 30. That is a Trial not Free To Play. Guild Wars is free to play, Aika Online is Free To Play. Any game where you can start it and play though with out paying a single red cent is free to play. DCUO is not Free to play and I am honestly disgusted that they would try to lure more people in by making a claim that isn't true.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                            I'm sorry DCUO isn't going "Free To Play" it's giving you a extended Trial, it doesn't allow you to go to the games full level cap. It also restricts which areas you can go to and stops your character when it hits level 30. That is a Trial not Free To Play. Guild Wars is free to play, Aika Online is Free To Play. Any game where you can start it and play though with out paying a single red cent is free to play. DCUO is not Free to play and I am honestly disgusted that they would try to lure more people in by making a claim that isn't true.

Darth_Andrea
                            Ok do you have a source for that above info? I saw the limits posted on the website for free accounts, and they do indeed suck, but I've seen no mention of stoping your account at lvl 30, nor have I seen the limits on areas, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I just want to see it with my own eyes. If this is completely true then I agree its thoroughly digusting to lie and call an extended trial " Free to Play".

Comment

Originally posted by Zan_Black_Lantern View Post
                              Ok do you have a source for that above info? I saw the limits posted on the website for free accounts, and they do indeed suck, but I've seen no mention of stoping your account at lvl 30, nor have I seen the limits on areas, I'm not trying to pick a fight here, I just want to see it with my own eyes. If this is completely true then I agree its thoroughly digusting to lie and call an extended trial " Free to Play".
                              It's not that they stop your account at level 30 but you can't progress past that or into any mission or event area designed for level 31+ there for the game ends at level 30. At which point you either pay for a upgraded subscription account or find another game, or start a new character and rehash every thing you just went though.

While they have not said a free account will be stopped or locked until a subscription is paid for, this is Sony were talking about. So that would be entirely possible given their past "Free To Play" system with the original Everquest where they did just that.

In those games I named in the previous post as well as others that are "Free To Play" do not restrict you like that. Yes those games can cost you money but so can Farmville if you decided you want to pay real money for special items. But even City of Heroes doesn't level cap the free accounts. You can in theory start at lvl 1 there and play all the way though to the games top tiers and end game material with out spending a single penny.

World Of Warcraft, Dc Universe Online, and others that have claimed "Free To Play" are in truth nothing more than extended trial periods because once you reach their "Free To Play Limits" there is basically nothing else to do.

Speaking of CoH I'm EmeraldFire on the Liberty Server if anyone plays.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Dear Darth,

2. What is the Free Access Level and how much does it cost?

With the Free Access level you can enjoy all of the level 1 – 30 missions, Alerts, Duos, Arenas, and the Batcave and Fortress of Solitude Raids. There are limitations in terms of character slots, inventory, and other features. Be sure to see the complete access comparison matrix for full details. Best of all, this access level is completely free, just download the software and play!

Alerts Duos and raids are after 30 end game content. As of now 30 is the level cap. The only thing the free players won't be able to "get in to" is the Green Lantern stuff which was DLC in the first place.
                                http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/en/free/faq.vm

Comment

Working...
                                X