What would your opinion on this be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would your opinion on this be?

What would you guys think of having a Green Lantern on Smallville? I have mixed feelings about such a thing happening, and I'm curious about other people's opinions.

DIE SMALLVILLE DIE!

Actually I don't care anymore. They've done Doomsday but Clark isn't Superman yet, so why would I be against seeing anyone else. The only thing I would be against is a fight. No need for them to ruin GL's image before the movie is released.

Comment

My positive view: It could rejuvenate the show, however insignificantly.

My negative view: They could pull the same crap that was pulled with that attempt in the 90's to make a Justice League movie/t.v. show pilot, where the character was named Guy Gardner, had the attitude of Hal Jordan, and who's symbol on his uniform was closer to Kyle's than the classic one. Seriously, mixing characters doesn't work, especially when if you'd used the actual character whose attitude is displayed, it might have been a hell of a lot better.

Comment

I'd rather have a spin-off series for Oliver Queen that never mentions Smallville, Clark, Lois, Chloe and the rest of them again. A young Green Lantern could guest-star in that Green Arrow series.

Comment

Originally posted by 1332 View Post
          My positive view: It could rejuvenate the show, however insignificantly.
          Its too late for Smallville. They knew once they started whipping in major characters of the DCU that they could never return to an actual Smallville Clark Kent. This show is so outrageous that they are basically just looking for ways to bring in other DCU characters just to maintain their ratings.

Comment

Fuck Smallville. Fuck it in it's dying arsehole. Why is that show still running? Tom Welling is in his fucking 30s now!

An no, I'd prefer they not depict a GL on the show. I suppose if I had a gun to me head and was forced to choose, I'd go with Abin Sur, provided he didn't die in the episode and tie a GL origin to that fucking town.

Comment

i would love to see Hal, JS, Guy, or Kyle on the show but not as GL's

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                i would love to see Hal, JS, Guy, or Kyle on the show but not as GL's
                That would make me feel so good inside. lol

Comment

agree witht the rest that have said a big fat NO!!

I cant bring myself to watch the shitness they call smallville. I only watched it when I knew a new character was being introduced and then found myself thinking WTF they ruin that one lol

They made cyborg look completley human, what the hell they did to Black Canary I do not now, having Zatanna be a bad guy at the beginning is just stupid and changing clarks own history to say davis aka doomsday landed at the same exact time as Kal-el..

And the most funny thing about the whooole 7 or 8 seasons of it he has not even learnt how to bloody fly.

Leave Green Lantern out of it and dont disgrace the name lol

Comment

They could easily have a dude named Guy Gardner in an episode as a player for the Metropolis Sharks... similarly, they could easily have an USAF Test Pilot named Hal Jordan crash land in the farmlands... or they could go the TAS route and have an animator named Kyle Raynor working at the Planet... or they could even bring in an architect or Marine named John Stewart.

All that said, none of these scenarios would properly lend themselves to a ring bearer, given the things stated throughout the series about Clark being amazing due to his powers, and no one else inteh world comparing to him. Thus, the only way we could legitimately get a ring weilding Corps member would be if Abin Sur were to show up to help out with something... which wouldn't be far fetched, given the story was set up appropriately to wehre the Guardians would, in fact, have cause to intervene.
                    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninty View Post
                      And the most funny thing about the whooole 7 or 8 seasons of it he has not even learnt how to bloody fly.
                      He hovered in the first episode... flew in the last episode of Season 1... flew again, and completely outright, at the beginning of Season 4... and I don't think anyone could really justify his attack on Doomsday in the last episode of Season 8 as merely a giant leap, given its required distance. Also, in Season 7, it was implied that he knew how to fly when Kara was talking about teaching him to do so, but he didn't want to because he assosciated it with his narrow minded Kryptonian side that presented itself in Season 4 (or maybe thats just how I viewed that interaction).

Comment

Originally posted by Ninty View Post
                        They made cyborg look completley human, what the hell they did to Black Canary I do not now, having Zatanna be a bad guy at the beginning is just stupid and changing clarks own history to say davis aka doomsday landed at the same exact time as Kal-el..
                        The Cyborg thing, they didn't want it to look cheesy, so they had skin graffed over his cybernetic components, and I agree with their decision on that one... the only problem with Black Canary was they reversed the wig scenario (giving her blond hair, and a brown wig to wear over it)... Zatanna was done pretty damn well, too, and she wasn't really a villain, she just wanted her father back... and as for the Doomsday thing... well... yeah... they completely fucked him up, but it worked out in the end... plus, they pretty much nailed Green Arrow... so...

Comment

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                          The Cyborg thing, they didn't want it to look cheesy, so they had skin graffed over his cybernetic components, and I agree with their decision on that one... the only problem with Black Canary was they reversed the wig scenario (giving her blond hair, and a brown wig to wear over it)... Zatanna was done pretty damn well, too, and she wasn't really a villain, she just wanted her father back... and as for the Doomsday thing... well... yeah... they completely fucked him up, but it worked out in the end... plus, they pretty much nailed Green Arrow... so...
                          1. Stop trying to defend this crap, its not working.

2. They made Canary completely boring, UGLY, and useless

3. Zatanna could have been SO MUCH better

4. Aside from the voice thing, no beard, and the fact that he's in Smallville...yes they did pretty good job with GA.

5. Bart still has the best episode ever.

Comment

They didn't fuck up anything. Smallville is it's own Universe, which is based off of characters from Superman and DC comics mythology.

Not that I enjoy everything they've done on the show. But it shouldn't be compared to anything since it's following it's own path.

Comment

Why shouldn't we compare it? We compare Batman Begins and Dark Knight its source material, why would Smallville be any different? Smallville started out with intentions of defining Clark Kent before he was Superman but instead they eventually made it into a Special Guest Character of the Week show once it became apparent that they ran out of ideas for the former.

Comment

Working...
                              X