The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 06-19-2016, 05:34 PM   #2651
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Batman v Superman finished with a domestic gross of $330,360,194.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:55 PM   #2652
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Those are actually pretty good numbers. About $40 million more than Man of Steel, so the DCEU is trending upwards.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:53 AM   #2653
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I mean...not really, if this were a Marvel movie it wouldn't even be in the top 5:

And that multiplier (which is probably just as important as the gross) is below every comic book movie not named Watchmen.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #2654
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/06/22/n...iler-released/

Quote:
New Batman V Superman Ultimate Edition Trailer Released
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:49 PM   #2655
Tazer

Yo.

R-rated Batman v Superman extended cut gets official US limited screenings

Tazer

Quote:
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:33 PM   #2656
Tazer

Yo.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/152...timate-edition

Quote:
8 Major Changes Batman V Superman Made For The Ultimate Edition

Tazer

Quote:
Old 06-29-2016, 10:45 PM   #2657
"Chosen"
NOT his black friend

If you have not watched BvS I highly suggest watching the extended version over the theatrical version. If you watched the theatrical version and didn't like it, please watch the extended version. This movie is SO much better than what we got in theaters. I am disappointed in WB's decision to cut it.
"Chosen" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:04 AM   #2658
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I watched the Ultimate Cut yesterday and while I do agree it's a better film than the theatrical release (by way of fleshing of various characters and better connecting plot points/scenes), it still doesn't change the overall dour tone the film was widely criticized for and alleviate the "MARTHA" resolution.

But again, yeah, better than theatrical release.
Old 08-06-2016, 06:20 AM   #2659
IonFan
Forum Member

well here's the wins

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and the sins of BvS

+ YouTube Video

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #2660
Space Cop
The Dandy

Finally saw the movie last night. I skipped right to the Ultimate Edition. I figure some day, I'll watch the theatrical to compare, but I didn't want to start there and maybe not want to watch the shorter version for months or something. Can anyone tell me what the biggest differences are? I can only imagine a few things missing without hurting the plot.

If anyone is afraid I'll jump into one of my TFA-style rants, don't worry (too much ). I'm critical of several things, but I overall liked the movie (more so than I was expecting, actually).

[Spoilers below--for those who still care.]

First off, it's still a little darker than I would like, though I found it much less so than MOS. That said, with this particular story and structuring the fight like DKR, I don't know how it could gave been a lot lighter. Nonetheless, this one was more comic-booky than previous DC entries and the pacing was nice overall.

I didn't like Eisenberg as Luthor. He had some funny moments, but he played him like an AD kid, almost schizo.

I didn't like the look or origin of Doomsday and frankly I think he could've been dropped from the whole story and it would've solved the problem of having a 2 and a half hour movie vs. 3.

Batman was a little to eager to let people die. He seems to continue the branding even after it's public knowledge that those convics are being killed. Besides that, his throwing back the grenade and shooting the flamethrower were definite, unavoidable (as in the perp had no chance to survive that) kills. That doesn't seem very Batmany.

Besides, the above, I liked the cast, including Batfleck. Irons was great (though they could've dialed back the "if only he'd settle down" stuff). Lois felt very Loisy here. I didn't like the way they used Jimmy (seems a waste), but he was kind of bada$$.

I definitely appreciate that they address the Metropolis collateral damage. And I liked that Superman's soul search here seemed less mopey and more about moral application.

WW's theme was cool.

Oh, and I'm ashamed to say that I don't ever remember (could be forgetting) connecting that Bruce and Clark's mothers have the same name. It's like I consciously knew they did, but didn't think of it as a connection between them. Weird.

Overall, I liked, but didn't love this entry.

Last edited by Space Cop; 08-25-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 04:36 PM   #2661
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Finally saw the movie last night. I skipped right to the Ultimate Edition. I figure some day, I'll watch the theatrical to compare, but I didn't want to start there and maybe not want to watch the shorter version for months or something. Can anyone tell me what the biggest differences are? I can only imagine a few things missing without hurting the plot.
Some of the biggest differences between the theatrical version and the Ultimate Cut Edition is the Lex scheming. In the theatrical version, many of the scenes showing that Lex was behind that woman fabricating the story about Superman destroying her village, the wheel chair guy unknowing being set up as a bomber, and the execution of prisoners that were branded with the Bat symbol were cut. Moreover, the clues that Lois and Clark were piecing together re Lex's involvement in all this were not included in the theatrical cut.

This is why I think the movie should have been cut down to 90 minutes instead of expanded to 3 hours or so. I don't think Lex and his subplots should have been given that much attention just so that he could be thought of the mastermind that forced the battle between Batman and Superman. I mean, it was enough that the destruction of Metropolis during the Zod v. Superman battle and Batman's paranoia for the two to face off. There was really no need to have Lex involved with this set up. Moreover, the reason why Lex hates Superman is stupid.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #2662
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Thanks for the info. I'll compare the theatrical one day, but I'm not in a hurry. I figured it would have to be a major thread like that to be able to cut a half hour. You don't "trim" 30 minutes.
Old 09-02-2016, 03:32 AM   #2663
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
well here's the wins

+ YouTube Video

and the sins of BvS

+ YouTube Video
here's a link to the sins vid for the UC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&v=9ryPJTQmgT8

for some reason i can't get to show here

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump

Last edited by IonFan; 09-02-2016 at 03:35 AM.
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:10 AM   #2664
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer