The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 04-08-2010, 12:00 AM   #26
Matt.Corps2814

yeah i loved the new episode. it was FANTASTIC. just a few things i didn't like. but other then that..cant wait till next episode
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 AM   #27
LanternZar'roc1417

Or you can go to surfthechannel.com and find it there. Or if you torrent it.

It was a bloody brilliant episode, loved it but 2 things bothered me...

1. Geronimo.....

2. He said "wibbly wobbly timey wimey"....it is far too soon for him to be using David Tennant lines....far too soon. He was good mind you but it was the first 10 minutes of the bloody episode for gods sake...did not like that.

Other than that I thought it was great and that Matt Smith did a great job. Looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the series =)
Old 04-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #28
Matt.Corps2814

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanternZar'roc1417 View Post
Or you can go to surfthechannel.com and find it there. Or if you torrent it.

It was a bloody brilliant episode, loved it but 2 things bothered me...

1. Geronimo.....

2. He said "wibbly wobbly timey wimey"....it is far too soon for him to be using David Tennant lines....far too soon. He was good mind you but it was the first 10 minutes of the bloody episode for gods sake...did not like that.

Other than that I thought it was great and that Matt Smith did a great job. Looking forward to the next episode and the rest of the series =)
oh yeah..meaning to say..i like your Sig Zar'roc.
and i didnt really mind #1.
but #2 was kinda upset me
____
YaY!!!! DOCTOR WHO PARTY!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #29
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

I actually didn't mind the two...

Ok, so Geronimo was a bit dodgy... but it was better than "Who da man!" lol

As for "Wibbly wobly timey wimey"... why can't he use it? He's basically the same character, same memories, same past... I don't see the problem with using his old lines again and putting a new spin on them...

M
Old 04-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #30
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

"Wibbly Wobbly Timey Whimey" is a Steven Moffat thing... of course he's gonna use it.
Nite Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #31
Matt.Corps2814

Well Methos is right.. he is essentially the same person. i guess its just..as my friend said..a lil too soon.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #32
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

http://www.conventionscene.com/2010/...-doctor-is-in/

Quote:
NYC – The Doctor is In

Doctor Who stars Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, and lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat speak with USA Today’s Whitney Matheson.

*** PLEASE NOTE, A RSVP DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION. SEATING IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS ON THE DAY OF THE SCREENING ***

BBC AMERICA presents a special screening event of the new DOCTOR WHO, immediately followed by a Q&A with the new Doctor Matt Smith, his new enigmatic companion Karen Gillan and lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat on Wednesday, April 14 at 7:00 PM at the Village East Cinema.

The Q&A session will be moderated by USA TODAY’s Whitney Matheson, author of the Pop Candy blog.

On April 17, 2010, a new era of the BAFTA-winning series, Doctor Who, premieres on BBC AMERICA. From new lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat, the series follows the adventures of The Doctor, the mysterious traveler who, with his human companions, journeys throughout all of time and space, facing a variety of foes and righting wrongs.

Watch the official Doctor Who trailer

Follow BBC AMERICA on Twitter, on Facebook and visit the official Doctor Who site

RSVP on Facebook

THE SCREENING IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. PLEASE NOTE, A RSVP DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION. SEATING IS ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS ON THE DAY OF THE SCREENING.
Village East Cinema, 2nd Ave New York, NY 10003

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #33
LanternZar'roc1417

Quote:
Originally Posted by methos View Post
As for "Wibbly wobly timey wimey"... why can't he use it? He's basically the same character, same memories, same past... I don't see the problem with using his old lines again and putting a new spin on them...

M
I understand he is the same person technically but either way it's just to damn soon. Steven Moffat did indeed write the quote but David Tennant MADE that quote and for Steven Moffat to just say well Tennant made this quote what it is but this Smith guy is who we hired so he has rights to it too just seems a bit rude and disrespectful to me personally. I understand I may be taking this way to out of context and being over dramatic but that's simply my opinion.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #34
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.Corps2814 View Post
Well Methos is right.. he is essentially the same person. i guess its just..as my friend said..a lil too soon.
Well, Tennant said "Fantastic" in his first episode... At least it wasn't "Allons-y"

Also, I find it funny that people mention "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey" even though the Fifth Doctor (in a Moffat-written story) used it as well. AND, he did a very Tenth Doctor thing when he found out that Amy was Amelia and said "What... What? WHAT?"
Quote:
He shrugged off the Ten remnants he clung to early in the episode...

This is a man who likes to have the last word, who notices everything, who’s funny and intelligent and that tiny bit barmy.
...irony?

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 04:25 AM   #35
Matt.Corps2814

i was wondering if any of the other Doctors used "Wibbly wobly timey wimey"..hmm cool :P
Old 04-10-2010, 04:50 AM   #36
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Got to say as an avid Tennant fan I was cautious about Smith. But honestly Smith is quickly replacing Tennant already as my favorite Doctor. As much as I loved Tennant's run, the feel and potential Smith has is limitless.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #37
LanternZar'roc1417

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdTELokKfCk

Last edited by LanternZar'roc1417; 04-10-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #38
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Thats like a nerdy version of being Rick'Rolled.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #39
methos
Kyle's Backup Artist

Send a message via MSN to methos Send a message via Skype™ to methos

actually wasn't sure what to think about tonight's episode...

don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it and am going to watch it again shortly... but it does look like i was right in commenting on the fact that this series is going to be going to some very dark places...

Don't think i want to see a full episode with The Doctor turning on humanity... the bits of that episode where he actually started to view humanity as the badguys was a bit too close for comfort...

M
Old 04-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #40
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanternZar'roc1417 View Post
I have that song on my iPhone.
Quote:
actually wasn't sure what to think about tonight's episode...

don't get me wrong, i enjoyed it and am going to watch it again shortly... but it does look like i was right in commenting on the fact that this series is going to be going to some very dark places...

Don't think i want to see a full episode with The Doctor turning on humanity... the bits of that episode where he actually started to view humanity as the badguys was a bit too close for comfort...

M
I still have yet to watch it, but that seems interesting to me. I'll have to watch it though.... To The Pirate Bay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #41
Matt.Corps2814

JUST saw episode #2...Season 31.....ya know what Matt Smith Is doind an awesome job ... No spoilers here...just go check out the new episodes .....

Last edited by Matt.Corps2814; 04-11-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #42
Chicago_GL
Weaponer of Qward

Send a message via Yahoo to Chicago_GL

yeah okay i've cheated, and have watched the first two episodes on youtube love tennant, but really liking smith too, and i'm so in love with karen it's not even funny...rose who?

Chicago_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:09 PM   #43
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

I'm downloading the second episode, now. Will be watching it shortly.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #44
Mister Negative

I just watched the second episode, and i must say, even as a diehard Tennant fan... I really am warming to Smith. He has something that just makes you like him.
Im not so certain about the villians in this ep though.. they just seemed a bit...obscure? Like there was no reason for them to be there they made absolutely no sense to the rest of the plot. The ending was fantastic though!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #45
LanternZar'roc1417

It was a fantastic episode but I do agree with Mister Negative about the villains. However cool not really explained which bugged me personally.

********SPOILER ALERT*********

Did anyone else notice the crack in the ship at the end of the episode. Curious how that's going to play out in the rest of the series?
Old 04-11-2010, 11:09 PM   #46
Cyber Bishop
Fatality's Blacksmith

Send a message via AIM to Cyber Bishop Send a message via MSN to Cyber Bishop Send a message via Yahoo to Cyber Bishop

I watched the second episode and loved it. I am a huge Tennant fan but Smith is really doing a great job so far. I like the darker direction Moffat goes too.

LanternZar'roc1417 I was wondering the same thing about what you mentioned.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:08 AM   #47
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Some have said that will be the whole concept of the season, that the climax will be about the one at the first episode
Old 04-12-2010, 02:16 AM   #48
ArtemisMoon

3 words to describe Matt Smith (the New Doctor)..... SEXY AS HELL! sorry thats what came to mind first time I saw him but He is also hilarious as well.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:29 AM   #49
LanternZar'roc1417

I dont agree with that, I'm not a gay man myself but I do know what an attractive man looks like...Matt Smiths head shape is off and he is far too pale. David Tennant is definitely a man that has attractive man qualities. What I mean by that is I can see Rose and Martha falling for Tennants Doctor but Amy falling for Smiths Doctor just doesn't seem believable to me. The only way I can write that off is because of who he is and what he does but by no means what he looks like.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #50
Brother Eye
Green Lantern Initiate

Saw and loved the first episode. Also loved that the Doctor got the spine and basically told the Giant Alien Eye that this wasn't his first rodeo and to basically run. Also like the foreshadowing that the evil eel alien said about the silence was coming. I'm thinking the whole crack in time and space is going to play a big part this season especially with the Daleks in World War 2 and the Cyberman in the tomb. All in all a great start.