Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unresolved Green Lantern/GLC plot threads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IS/WAS CAROL FERRIS PREGNANT WITH KYLE RAYNER'S BABY?

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
      IS/WAS CAROL FERRIS PREGNANT WITH KYLE RAYNER'S BABY?
      Why would you remind me of this. Why.

Comment

Because it was the best thing of 2017!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          I remember once. I think. But I just mean that even now, he's walking simply because of Parallax-given power. That's still in there. And technically so is the reason that Ollie is still alive. Both walking on Parallax power.

That could be a whole story.
          There is a "rather bad" Judd Winnick Green Lantern issue that informs us that John couldn't walk because of psychological trauma that Judd Winnick invented on the spot... so no, it didn't have to do that planet that blew up. It had to do with some dead sister. John got over it that very issue and started walking. His back was actually perfectly healthy, John just imposed not being able to walk upon himself in his mind.

So that was resolved, it was just silly. I believe his back actually did get broken in his battle with Grayven, but Hal healed it up so it was as good as new. Ron Marz and/or Kevin Dooley didn't like that, so he had John go back to the wheelchair due to saving Kyle from Fatality by blasting the Parallax energy at her and thus relinquishing it. But according to the Winnick comic, John was still physically able to walk at that time. He just... didn't want to deep down in his head.

The biggest unresolved GL plot thread I can think of is who sent the Corps into the past during Lost Army, why did they do it, and why was Krona there? We didn't get answers to any of that.

This isn't unresolved, but I wish I had asked Len Wein what his original plan for Mr. Smith and the Predator was, because I'm almost certain it isn't what Steve Englehart came up with. I asked him questions on a con panel before, but I didn't think to mention that, and I regret it.

I during an online Q and A I did ask Cullen Bunn about those Lost Army questions, and I'm almost certain he intentionally blew me off, which slightly offended me. The Q and A was geared mostly toward webcomic creators, so I guess he didn't feel like answering such specific questions about Lost Army, plus I get the impression that whatever went on with him and that title's abrupt cancellation was kind of messy behind the scenes. But I felt I needed to ask, because I knew that I would otherwise NEVER know. Looks like he is going to take those secrets to his grave. We may never know.
          Oh well...
          Star-Lantern
          Weaponer of Qward
          Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-23-2018, 07:47 AM.
          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
            There is a "rather bad" Judd Winnick Green Lantern issue that informs us that John couldn't walk because of psychological trauma that Judd Winnick invented on the spot... so no, it didn't have to do that planet that blew up. It had to do with some dead sister. John got over it that very issue and started walking. His back was actually perfectly healthy, John just imposed not being able to walk upon himself in his mind.

So that was resolved, it was just silly. I believe his back actually did get broken in his battle with Grayven, but Hal healed it up so it was as good as new. Ron Marz and/or Kevin Dooley didn't like that, so he had John go back to the wheelchair due to saving Kyle from Fatality by blasting the Parallax energy at her and thus relinquishing it. But according to the Winnick comic, John was still physically able to walk at that time. He just... didn't want to deep down in his head.

The biggest unresolved GL plot thread I can think of is who sent the Corps into the past during Lost Army, why did they do it, and why was Krona there? We didn't get answers to any of that.

This isn't unresolved, but I wish I had asked Len Wein what his original plan for Mr. Smith and the Predator was, because I'm almost certain it isn't what Steve Englehart came up with. I asked him questions on a con panel before, but I didn't think to mention that, and I regret it.

I during an online Q and A I did ask Cullen Bunn about those Lost Army questions, and I'm almost certain he intentionally blew me off, which slightly offended me. The Q and A was geared mostly toward webcomic creators, so I guess he didn't feel like answering such specific questions about Lost Army, plus I get the impression that whatever went on with him and that title's abrupt cancellation was kind of messy behind the scenes. But I felt I needed to ask, because I knew that I would otherwise NEVER know. Looks like he is going to take those secrets to his grave. We may never know.
            Oh well...
            I feel you. Many a question of mine has been brushed off at a panel.

Comment

Yep. John went from injured and crippled, to healed, to crippled again, to the whole thing being in his head.

The obvious genesis of that stuff was that a faction at DC led by Jenette Kahn wanted no other Lanterns around who might compete with Kyle.

And my, how things have changed since then -- with the pendulum swinging back much too far in the other direction! When Geoff got his hands on the reins, it became, "Here a Corps, there a Corps, everywhere a Corps, Corps!"
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 12-23-2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

And not only that, but "Here a Lantern, there a Lantern, everywhere a Lantern, Lantern!"

Comment

And everyone a Lantern, Lantern, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                    Per the Hand of God (Ion 1.0) story that ended in GL#150 Kyle removed the residual energy on John's spine in issue #147. I just wonder if John getting the power was ever going to go anywhere other than the one scene in Emerald Knights.

Andrew's got a point though... Ollie Queen might still have some P-lax in him....

And if you bring in the issues of GL vol. 4.... Barry Allen and later post DC Rebirth Superman have both been 'touched' by Parallax energy actually becoming Parallax short-term.

"Touched by Parallax" sounds like a Lifetime movie.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      What are some you can think of? Here's what I can remember not seeing any kind of resolution...

3. Evil Star. He was teased heavily early in Geoff's run on Vol. 4, then later seen in a bit of a retcon that showed him being responsible for the tweaking of the Shark and Black Hand's powers. His return was nigh... but then... nothing.

I'm positive there's more but that's all I can think of now. Can you think of other big ones?
                      The Green Lantern #2 in 2018 seems to have resolved this. Evil Star captured, his power drained, making him an old man again, in order to give a new power to the Darkstars to make them Blackstars?

Comment

Originally posted by sundrop View Post
                        What was up with Scarabs attacking Odym (Blue Lantern Homeworld)? Did they go on to the next planet, still there, or did they get pushed back? Seems like that plot got dropped when Blue Beetle New52 was cancelled.

What happened with the New God who was tempted by Sinestro's yellow ring?
                        It was a depowering of the Color Corps, a way to get rid of the Blue Lantern Corps. Relic just finished up killing off the Blue Lantern Corps except for Saint Walker. An attempt was made by Ganthet, Sayd, and the Guardians of the Universe to bring back the entire Blue Lantern Corps from the dead by using the power of the White Lantern to resurrect people, with Saint Walker as a "lightning rod". It ended up depowering Kyle from White Lantern back to Green-only Lantern.

Was this the last sighting of Saint Walker as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                          In Superboy #47 (Jan '98), Kyle and Superboy fight off "Pele" and Silver Sword. Silver Sword eventually turns against the deity (or whoever it was) and proclaims that she wasn't the real Pele since she was acting evil. To my knowledge, we never got any further info on who this character was.
                          Never saw Silver Sword again. Which is a shame, given his nationalism for Hawaii and his xenophobia against modern nations using Hawaii for various reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                            And everyone a Lantern, Lantern, too.
                            Which I didn't mind. Two Earth Lanterns were enough; six is a violation of the Guardians of the Universe rules. But 1,000+ Earth Lanterns made the online video game DC Heroes Online more believable.

I especially liked it when Atrocitius spilled a couple of thousand rings onto Earth, resulting in a new Red Lantern Corps of rage-addled humans. All the Corps should have done this. Ever since the JLA storyline with the green-clothed, blond demon guy (Nekron?) stated that humans are the most diverse emotionally driven creatures in the universe, I've felt that such a premise would lead to the Color Corps coming from Earth, not the other planets in the universe.

Comment

Working...
                            X