Aquaman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquaman

And you thought Jason Momoa looked badass in Justice League.

EW’s exclusive first image from the stand-alone Aquaman movie shows Arthur Curry looking somehow even more jacked and more tatted and more menacing than he did before as he strides out of the steam amid some industrial setting:
    What’s also interesting is how even this still photo has a rather different feel than images from Justice League, which introduced Aquaman to audiences last month. Director James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring) says you can expect many more differences to come. “It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wise — it’s my own take,” Wan tells EW. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”

Momoa reveals we can expect to see a tale that spans details Curry’s difficult childhood as a half-human, half-Atlantean to eventually becoming king.

“Justice League was only a weekend in Arthur Curry’s life,” Momoa says. “This is a totally different beast. In Aquaman, you see when his parents met and what happened to hem. Then the little boy being raised and finding his powers and going through that and never being accepted on either side. And then becoming this man who puts up all these walls. You just slowly see this man harden up and be completely reluctant wanting to be king and not knowing what to do with these powers he has. I think James Wan just killed it.”

When Wan first met with Warner Bros. to discuss taking on a superhero film, they famously gave him two options: One was a very popular character (The Flash) and the other was considered so impossible to pull off that the prospect of a movie had been a running joke on Entourage. Naturally, the veteran horror director picked the project that would terrify anybody else.

“Aquaman has been the joke of the comic book world, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how cool that would be,” Wan explains. “Let’s take the character everybody makes fun of and do something really interesting with him.”

I'm not a fan of the stringy hair. I'd send him to have that trimmed up.

Comment

ok i can't help it

< link here

IT'S THE TRUTH

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Another still:

Comment

so i'm wondering is this movie gonna be set before or after JL (like when WW was set after BvS but the story itself takes place before BvS................ and everything else for the matter)

IonFan says

Comment

'Aquaman' Movie Action Reportedly Puts 'Wonder Woman' And 'Justice League' To Shame
            Jeff Snieder, host of Popcorn Talk's Meet the Movie Press, says early buzz around Aquaman is good — and its action scenes reportedly "put Wonder Woman and Justice League to shame."

Snieder and Umberto Gonzalez discussed Aquaman's early test screenings held Wednesday on the Warner Bros. lot and its subsequent positive reception, following first-hand accounts shared to social media sites Twitter and Reddit.

"I heard it was great, man," Gonzalez said. He added, "Someone else told me it was a palette cleanser for them, for DC, what's happened with the Zack Snyder films. So high hopes for that one and Shazam."

"I heard that it plays like an Indiana Jones movie and that the action puts Wonder Woman and Justice League to shame. That is what I heard," Sneider said.

"And that would make sense — James Wan is an experienced action director, I would expect the action to really be awesome," Sneider said. "And the fact that I imagine a lot of it is going to be underwater, too, is a different element than we've seen in a lot of these movies. So I'm not surprised that I heard reports that the action is awesome."

Comment

Rupert Gregson-Williams To Score James Wan’s ‘Aquaman’

Rupert Gregson-Williams has been hired to score the upcoming comic book movie Aquaman. The film is directed by James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring, Insidious, Saw) and stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Ludi Lin, Dolph Lundgren, Temuera Morrison, Michael Beach and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II. The movie is based on the DC Comics character who learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, born half-human as Arthur Curry and half-Atlantean. Peter Safran (The Conjuring, Annabelle) is producing the project. Gregson-Williams has previously scored DC’s Wonder Woman for the studio. Aquaman is set to be released on December 21, 2018 by Warner Bros. Pictures.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/03...-wans-aquaman/

Comment

Aquaman director James Wan teases a 'Shakespearean story' of sibling rivalry
                They say blood is thicker than water — but does that hold up underwater?

Audiences may find out in Warner Bros’. upcoming Aquaman movie, which director James Wan says will tell a “Shakespearean” tale of sibling rivalry set against a sci-fi/fantasy backdrop.

Speaking to EW at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday, the filmmaker teased the central conflict between Jason Momoa’s titular hero (a.k.a. Arthur Curry) and his villainous brother, Orm (who also goes by the nom de guerre Ocean Master).

“The main antagonist in this movie is Orm, played by Patrick Wilson,” Wan said. “And Black Manta, played by Yahya [Abdul-Mateen], is caught up in that world with them as well. But the main drive really is, it’s almost a very classic Shakespearean story about brother from another world vs. brother from another world. And it really is a classic story of sibling rivalry.”

Wan added that Aquaman will be unique among superhero movies because its danger comes not from the sky or another dimension, but from the depths.

“We’re used to superhero movies where the threat is from another dimension or aliens from another universe coming here and trying to destroy our Earth,” Wan said. “But we haven’t seen one where the main threat is from a massive, massive civilization that is right under our nose, in the ocean.… The idea that there could be a massive civilization living right underneath [us] that we don’t know about is kind of scary and exciting.”

Aquaman will also mark Momoa’s first solo outing as the Atlantean hero, after a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and a supporting role in Justice League, and Wan thinks he’s ready for the spotlight. “One of the things people will be surprised by is seeing that Jason Momoa is not just a tough guy, but that the guy is actually very charismatic, funny, goofy, and is a potential romantic lead,” he said.

Shortly after chatting with EW, Wan introduced some rough footage from the movie taking viewers straight into the vast undersea world of Atlantis. The footage featured Aquaman and Mera (Amber Heard) traveling in a spaceship-like vehicle into the lavish world, as well as Orm — with slicked-back, silvery-blond hair — standing in an arena as he intones, “My brother has come from the surface to challenge me for the throne.”

Momoa’s muscle-bound Aquaman delivers one-liners referring to his brute strength, such as, “I’ve learned from a young age not to show weakness, solving my problems with my fists. I’m a blunt instrument, and I’m good at it.”

Mera tells him he’s part of something deeper, and under threat of destruction.

The footage ended with an epic battle scene and Orm rasping, “War is coming to the surface, and I’m bringing the wrath of the Seven Seas with me.”

Aquaman hits theaters Dec. 21.

Comment

Originally posted by robojac View Post
                  Rupert Gregson-Williams To Score James Wan’s ‘Aquaman’

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2018/03...-wans-aquaman/
                  Eh! His score for Wonder Woman was fine, so I guess he's alright. Not that I'm expecting the music to be exceptional in the film, anyway.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        This poster looks good at first...and then you look closer and realize that whoever made it just pressed ctrl+c and ctrl+v on all those animals.

Anyways Wan posted a still from the upcoming trailer:

Comment

still looks good to me

IonFan says

Comment

Comment

Aquaman No Longer Rides a Sea Horse in His Movie, Because Sea Dragons Are Much More Manly

................................. well their/there/they're not wrong about that

IonFan says

Comment

Working...
                              X