The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 09-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #1
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Default Get woke, go broke

Last night's Emmys telecast set a record for low ratings.The previous low was set last year. This happened even though many people are shut in because of Covid-19. And there's just one reason for it. Many people don't want want to hear celebrities harangue them about politics.

Do you think this will make any difference to the celebrities who do it? Of course it won't. Next year they'll double down on the lectures, and the ratings will set a new record low.

I betcha.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/genedel.../#5b71b8bc1729
Trey Strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Fuck this woke bs with a non ky jelly dick. People cry white privilege exists yet if any award show did this they be called racist or nazis. Its also Funny how poc have more laws protecting them yet think they aren't privileged. Show me 1 white person who says i didnt get a job because they dont like white people or i got stopped by the cops because im white. It happens heck i been stopped by cops yet they or i dont play the race card. I love people but god damn enough of the victimization crap. I explain to people a persons qualifications should give them a job not simply race sex or gender to meet a quota where they need this that or the other with zero experience. I been writing on paper on how western socicetal constructs play into western society including this whole ideology of racisim in America is creating a identity issue in the black community

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-22-2020 at 06:11 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #3
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I am guessing the celebrities will be the last people to realize that Americans are deciding we are better off without them in our lives. I dont need these blowhards telling me how I should think, speak and vote. I've watched jack sh#t for movies, tv and sports this year, and I keep forgetting to care.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #4
Space Cop
The Dandy

People watch the Emmys?
Old 09-23-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
I am guessing the celebrities will be the last people to realize that Americans are deciding we are better off without them in our lives. I dont need these blowhards telling me how I should think, speak and vote. I've watched jack sh#t for movies, tv and sports this year, and I keep forgetting to care.
We hold celebreties as these god like people when in reality there just like you and me. I remember when kobe Bryan died people were like omg i felt like i knew him even when they didn't blah blah putting him first before there own friends and family. Sucks he died the way he did but people never talk about the other deaths in that crash. It was like 9 people yet the only 2 people cared about was kobe and his daughter. I can honestly say when i met famous people at cons i never got emotional or cried or got into a worship frame of obsession

If you want evidence of unintelligent extraterrestrial life existing look at the Chicago mayor lori lightfoot , lori lightfoot phone home
Old 09-23-2020, 02:36 PM   #6
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

"I'm an actor, so everybody should be dying to hear about who I'm going to vote for."

That's the attitude.
Old 09-23-2020, 02:47 PM   #7
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
"I'm an actor, so everybody should be dying to hear about who I'm going to vote for."

That's the attitude.
Thats the thing. Politician's on the left would use celebreties to push there campaign and yet some of those celebreties would of said years ago they wanna be like trump . Jay z perfect example in a lot of his songs and yet backs the left saying trumps a racist. Im a former democrat i consider myself in the middle but i switched to republican after Minnesota went up in flames. I bought into the myth that guns are bad republicans are racist homophobes. Truth is the left designed it. Candace owens woke me up because she made a amazing point how the left uses the race argument to obtain votes. You cant even have your own opinion anymore if your on the left. Its there way or nothing. I dont live like that and thats not reality. My attitude is anti extremism and both sides need to meet halfway on things because we still have to exist with each other tomorrow wether we agree or not. A lot of this shit is petty. Like imo i dont care about marriage straight or same sex thats not on my to worry list. Abortion look im not against pre marital sex because its a natural human thing but im anti stupid so people use protection its there for a reason. The gun argument wile im still new to that area my suggestion is this dont do a gun ban gut pass a federal law where anyone with no gun training or experience is required to take a gun saftey class when they buy there first gun. I mean hey we sort of do it with drivers education . Protecting schools hire plain clothed veterans as security give them a benefits package that way they can get the care they need.. Sorry for going all over the place but i really do think we as a country lose focus on what really needs attention

Last edited by TazzMission; 09-23-2020 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:43 PM   #8
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

The NBA is going broke too.

https://sports.yahoo.com/game-1-nba-...225636681.html
Old 10-04-2020, 02:52 AM   #9
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Nba can die for all i care.

Old 10-04-2020, 03:35 AM   #10
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
The NBA is going broke too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Nba can die for all i care.
I can’t stand that squeaky sound of basketball shoes as they run on the floor (it seriously grates on me as much as nails on a chalkboard), but I know a lot of fans and don’t wish them ill.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:28 AM   #11
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I canít stand that squeaky sound of basketball shoes as they run on the floor (it seriously grates on me as much as nails on a chalkboard), but I know a lot of fans and donít wish them ill.
Im not wishing anyone ill but when i say the NBA can die im refering to going out of buisness

Old 10-04-2020, 11:48 AM   #12
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Seems like a sham. Get the politics out of these things.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 12:21 PM   #13
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
Im not wishing anyone ill but when i say the NBA can die im refering to going out of buisness
Yeah, I donít mean it like that. I just mean that while it personally wouldnít bother me if the NBA failed and never came back, I would feel bad for my friends who are fans.
Old 10-05-2020, 09:41 PM   #14
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

Not only this but LeBron James acted like a spoiled child and walked off the court before the game ended because the Lakers were about to lose. So the ratings are going to get even worse. You watch.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/05/n...-3-record-low/
Old 10-05-2020, 11:17 PM   #15
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Not only this but LeBron James acted like a spoiled child and walked off the court before the game ended because the Lakers were about to lose. So the ratings are going to get even worse. You watch.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/10/05/n...-3-record-low/
I dont get how anyone can support this clown someone should give him a douche , powder , and pads with wing's for his pussy since he's acting like a chick

Old 10-16-2020, 01:04 AM   #16
Trey Strain
Guardian of the Universe

The Billboard Music Awards got political, and the results were predictable. These folks are slow learners, aren't they?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...ay-oct-14-2020
Old 10-16-2020, 01:25 PM   #17
JohnMc
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:

That's the attitude.
We need to go back to the days of the Roman Empire where entertainers like actors were treated as only being a rung above prostitutes. They'd get over themselves really quick.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote