X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batwoman TV show on CW

Now Rachel Maddow has been cast as Vesper Fairchild for it:

https://www.cbr.com/batwoman-rachel-...ix6ovfRQ6Dbr_g

Voiceover only. Okay. Her voice is fine for what they have in mind.

Comment

Yo.

so, any impressions from the 1st eps?

I rather got a kick out of not hearing the Aussie in Rose's voice, but in general I thought the show was pretty meh (laughable in a few parts, but still meh....)

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

THR: 'Batwoman' Shocker: Ruby Rose Exits CW Drama Ahead of Season 2
        In a major surprise, Ruby Rose has departed the lead role on The CW's Batwoman after a single season. Producer Warner Bros. TV says the role will be recast.

The announcement Tuesday — two days after the show's season finale — leaves the series without a lead actress for the time being. A timeline for a new actress to take over the historic role has yet to be determined. Batwoman was renewed for a second season in January, along with 12 other scripted series on The CW, and was set to anchor the network's Sunday night starting in early 2021.

Batwoman made TV history as the first scripted live-action TV series to feature a lesbian superhero at the top of the call sheet. It was important to the production and openly gay producers Greg Berlanti and showrunner Caroline Dries that the part went to a member of the LGBTQ community.

Both Rose and producers Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions praised one another in statements announcing her departure.

“I have made the very difficult decision to not return to Batwoman next season," said Rose. "This was not a decision I made lightly as I have the utmost respect for the cast, crew and everyone involved with the show in both Vancouver and in Los Angeles. I am beyond appreciative to Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter and Caroline Dries for not only giving me this incredible opportunity, but for welcoming me into the DC universe they have so beautifully created. Thank you Peter Roth and Mark Pedowitz and the teams at Warner Bros. and The CW who put so much into the show and always believed in me. Thank you to everyone who made season one a success — I am truly grateful.”

The CW, Warner Bros. TV and Berlanti Productions said jointly, "Warner Bros. Television, The CW and Berlanti Productions thank Ruby for her contributions to the success of our first season and wish her all the best. The studio and network are firmly committed to Batwoman’s second season and long-term future, and we — along with the show’s talented creative team — look forward to sharing its new direction, including the casting of a new lead actress and member of the LGBTQ community, in the coming months."
        TV Line: Ruby Rose's Batwoman Exit: The Story Behind Her Shocking Departure
        Ruby Rose wanted off Batwoman — and no one was going to stand in her way.
        Although the actress’ sudden, surprising departure from The CW superhero drama after just one season was framed on Tuesday as her choice and her choice alone, sources confirm to TVLine that the split was — at best — a mutual one.

“It wasn’t 100-percent her decision,” concedes a source close to the show. “It was a breakup. She wasn’t happy working on the show, and did that make her fun to work with? No. So everyone decided it would be in the best interests of the show, and for all concerned, if they parted ways. It just wasn’t a good fit.”

According to an insider, Rose — coming off the features John Wick: Chapter 2 and The Meg — was distressed by the long hours demanded of a lead TV role and did not acclimate well to life in Vancouver (where the show shoots). Batwoman marked the actress’ first full-time series gig, following her debut as the Scarlet Knight in the Arrowverse’s December 2018 “Elseworlds” crossover and a short arc on Orange Is the New Black.

Reps for Warner Bros. and The CW declined to comment for this story. Rose’s spokesperson, meanwhile, could not be reached for comment.

Comment

It's also worth noting that she got severely injured early on, and having had a similar surgery last year, from which I'm still recovering, I can only imagine how much aching pain she was in all season long. Add that to the stress and long hours, and her walking away from the role, and even being unpleasant to work with is no surprise at all.
          Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

Yea, that was my first thought when I heard the news.

Comment

Looks like Rose confirmed today that her injury, the subsequent surgery, and the lack of time to heal like a normal person was a driving factor in her decision to step down from being the series lead. Interestingly, though, that how she framed it, as not wanting to be a series or film lead for awhile, so it sounds like it could be possible that she'll still pop up on the show from time to time. That makes the decision not to recast, and instead bring in a new Batwoman, make a lot more sense.
              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

I Was hyped and tried sticking with it but my god the writing is crap. I jumped off after episode 5 or 6 . I feel like the cw verse needs a fresh restart get away from the campy sjw pc bs and touch on more dark mature themes. Im not asking for blood guts tits and bare ass but it needs some kind of change
                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                  Looks like Rose confirmed today that her injury, the subsequent surgery, and the lack of time to heal like a normal person was a driving factor in her decision to step down from being the series lead. Interestingly, though, that how she framed it, as not wanting to be a series or film lead for awhile, so it sounds like it could be possible that she'll still pop up on the show from time to time. That makes the decision not to recast, and instead bring in a new Batwoman, make a lot more sense.
                  its funny how she said that, and then this trailer for her new, ACTION & STUNT-PACKED movie released a few days after that interview.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Though I suppose if she isn't doing any of the stunt work in it, that might not be too much of a contradiction.

Comment

Working...
                    X