Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Kyle Hook Up With Carol?!? He does.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And if Carol found out what happened with Kyle and Bueno Excellente, she would leave him.

Comment

• So what happened with the Carol-Kyle thing? Is it still going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
        So what happened with the Carol-Kyle thing? Is it still going?
        It is not. They split, but rather abruptly.

Comment

• When was the last time Carol even showed up? Does she even exist in what passes for continuity now?

Comment

• I don't think anyone cares. Anyone at DC, that is. The Green Lantern comic books don't touch Earth anyway.
            Michael Heide
            Heide Finition
            Last edited by Michael Heide; 06-15-2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
              When was the last time Carol even showed up? Does she even exist in what passes for continuity now?
              Actually, it was funny that in this last Wonder Woman annual the SS brought Diana in and one of the reasons they gave was because they have no idea where Carol is. Not sure if it was meant as such, but I thought that was kind of a meta moment.

Comment

• Kyle said goodbye to her in the beginning of the Tom King written Omega Men series. Then there was that story in the DC new talent special that had the beginnings of an adventure with Kyle as the White Lantern again with Carol by his side as a Sapphire. I didn't pick up the Rebirth GLC title till they brought Kyle in, but since he's been there I don't think he's mentioned Carol.

- Ω

Comment

• Carol disappeared before the Omega Men started, as detailed above.

I never agreed with Carol following Kyle. Carol Ferris as always been in love with Hal Jordan. The writers just wanted another human's opinion of Kyle as he became a White Lantern, that's all. Which they could have done much better with Jade, but oh, that's right, they killed off Jade to make her father Alan Scott a homosexual in the DCNew universe. Ooops!

Much like how John Stewart tried personally to bring Fatality back, and the writers made her violently reject John and the Star Sapphire ring.

Or the entire "all the Corps' children are going to be kidnapped by the Sinestro Corps" storyline that made being married in the GLC a doomsday prediction. Ugh. Name me one successful boyfriend/girlfriend or marriage in the DCU other than Superman/Lois Lane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                    When was the last time Carol even showed up? Does she even exist in what passes for continuity now?
                    I honestly believe that Robert Venditti didn't like her and avoided using her. And this is coming from someone who isn't a rabid ultra fan of Carol Ferris. It was just pretty obvious how he would write her out of scenarios and avoid using her. He did the same thing to Arisia, which leads me to a couple conclusions:

Venditti doesn't like writing females prominently in his stories, Venditti doesn't like writing romance prominently in his stories, or both. Thus, he had little need for Carol Ferris.

It really seemed to me that he was purposely avoiding those aspects. I mean, after 80 something issues, or whatever it was, you think you would have seen more of that.
                    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Working...
                    X