Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps #22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
    If you're talking about the team from the '80s comics, Katma is also dead and looks to stay that way. Unless you count her brief semi-resurrection in Mosaic that was quickly done away with... which I don't.
    D'oh! Forgot about Katma. Yes, it's a shame she hasn't found her way from from the Green Space. Glad they've acknowledged her at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      Good points there. They also claimed that Ganthet offered Guy the last ring but -- get this -- HE TURNED IT DOWN! Yeah, sure. He'd do that all right. Again, it was so that Kyle could be the only Lantern.
      Technically GUY claimed that. And at the time, it seemed perfectly in character for him to make the CLAIM, then SAY he turned it down, as a way of building up his image and laying claim to being his own man by CHOICE, not because he had no other option. I never bought that that was actually what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Technically GUY claimed that. And at the time, it seemed perfectly in character for him to make the CLAIM, then SAY he turned it down, as a way of building up his image and laying claim to being his own man by CHOICE, not because he had no other option. I never bought that that was actually what happened.
        Marz wrote that, so I think he meant it really happened. I mean, why would Ganthet give the ring to some kid who was taking a piss in an alley? People ridiculed that, so Marz was forced to walk it back. And, sadly, it led to the whole thing of, no, wait, Kyle wasn't random, he was really super-special all along!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
          I always liked Helfer. He seemed to get it. Dooley? Fuck THAT guy.
          All I know about the guy is that when he took over Green Lantern, Jones was writing very good stories. He clashed with Jones and fired him, and then he wanted Hal and the Corps gone.

That's enough to know.

Comment

I hope Kyle and Soranik stay together. He needs to tell her about Sarko. I still feel Kyle can make an impact in the comic but it may take a minute. They could probably get Kyle to do what Guy was doing in Emerald Warriors, he would be perfect for it. I have a feeling the murderer is someone no one would expect. And Arisia needs to get back with Sodam Yat, not Hal. John needs to get back with Fatality, she probably has his kid, or kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarmode View Post
              I hope Kyle and Soranik stay together. He needs to tell her about Sarko. I still feel Kyle can make an impact in the comic but it may take a minute. They could probably get Kyle to do what Guy was doing in Emerald Warriors, he would be perfect for it. I have a feeling the murderer is someone no one would expect. And Arisia needs to get back with Sodam Yat, not Hal. John needs to get back with Fatality, she probably has his kid, or kids.
              booo no one wants Sodam back. Arisia and Hal are the Super couple. As for the rest...As for Kyle he might need to take a break from the girls, Guy and Ice and John and Fatality.

Comment

Marz wrote that, so I think he meant it really happened. I mean, why would Ganthet give the ring to some kid who was taking a piss in an alley? People ridiculed that, so Marz was forced to walk it back. And, sadly, it led to the whole thing of, no, wait, Kyle wasn't random, he was really super-special all along!
                I guess you're gonna blame Marz for what other writers did to the character afterwards now?

Pretty sure the thing with Guy was in a Secret Files issue or an 80 Page Giant. You know what else, the story with Guy was pretty much ignored like the other special SF issues and 80 Pagers. Otherwise, Kyle would still be a white guy with dark hair and not part Mexican, and his father's name would've stayed Aaron Rayner.

When it's made mention Kyle wasn't so random, it's not like they reference Guy turning the ring down to hammer it in.

All I know about the guy is that when he took over Green Lantern, Jones was writing very good stories. He clashed with Jones and fired him...

That's enough to know.
                Knowing that Jones is a pedo now, if THAT had something to do with getting him fired [maybe he said something out of line or just had a weird vibe...] you really gonna blame an editor? I mean, unless you were there the day he got fired all you can do is speculate.

~//V\\~

Comment

There's nothing to defend about the nuking of Hal and the Corps, and the long refusal to bring them back. Dooley was one of the main people behind that, if not the main one. I have nothing against the guy. He just made a bad call, but it happened to be a very big one.
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-24-2017, 11:57 PM.

Comment

It just gets me when people still talk about how Jones was done wrong.... with everything we know about the creep now. Its the same thing with Bill Cosby... I'll never look at Jello pudding the same way ever again.

I'm just gonna shut up on the subject.

With HJ&GLC I hope we get some sort of shift in direction before they keep piling shit on top of shit. It already makes no sense why Cruz and Baz are on Earth when the GLC is in such a rut as far as numbers go. I mean, I get that there's already four Earth GL's in the book but story wise... it'd be like the National Guard calling in EVERYBODY when shit hits the fan... except for two new guys.

~//V\\~

Comment

Even though Cosby is guilty, they are never going to get him. Had an erie feeling this would happen.

Comment

know nothing of Gerard Jones personal life, never interested me much but for a time he wrote a heck of a GL title and was the driving force behind the titles "rebirth' prior to Geoff's version. If the Jones era was the Golden age then Jones' was the Silver, growing the franchise to no ongoing to 3 simultaneous ongoings and a quarterly. If guilty of what accused of he is a perv, but I have never really researched the personal lives of many artists at all.

Comment

Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
                          know nothing of Gerard Jones personal life, never interested me much but for a time he wrote a heck of a GL title and was the driving force behind the titles "rebirth' prior to Geoff's version. If the Jones era was the Golden age then Jones' was the Silver, growing the franchise to no ongoing to 3 simultaneous ongoings and a quarterly. If guilty of what accused of he is a perv, but I have never really researched the personal lives of many artists at all.
                          If you meant that the Englehart era was the Golden Age of GL and the Jones era was the Silver, then I agree with you. I could do without 90 percent of what's been added since then, and all that flotsam is what's killing the sales. THAT stuff is what's stale and needs to be nuked.

Comment

Working...
                          X