Larfleeze #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larfleeze #1 *Preview/Spoilers*

Includes an interview with the creators (Keith Giffen and Scott Kolins).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-the-spotlight

Interesting stuff, based off the previews and what's been said, this book will obviously have nothing to do with the other Lantern titles. Looks kinda funny too.
    26.67%
    20.00%
    6.67%
    6.67%
    40.00%
    Mister.Weirdo
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 06-25-2013, 11:00 PM.

I wonder how much GJ had say in those origin parts of the issue. I liked it aside from Lar's butler looking like Jafar from Aladian.

Comment

I'm surprised they put in an origin at all. I thought the mystery was kind of part of the character before.

Comment

This issue was great 5 stars

Comment

Originally posted by VeesFistOfDeath View Post
          I wonder how much GJ had say in those origin parts of the issue.
          Not much, considering they're heavily laden with contradictions and mistakes.
          The last fan of 1990s comics
          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
            Not much, considering they're heavily laden with contradictions and mistakes.
            Because as we all know, Geoff Johns never contradicts anything.

I don't like the origin, mainly because it just serves to reinforce Larfleeze as a 100% comic character, but that's an understandable choice given the nature of this series.

I had kind of hoped that any revelation of his family, and history, would have served to sort of "humanize" him, showing that he was not ALWAYS the comic buffoon we see now. Not so, apparently.

Comment

True. But this origin is completely different than the one we were given piecemeal. Names, places...everything's wrong, except for him ending up with the battery.

Comment

I would chalk it up to Larfleeze being the one telling the tale, since he's not exactly trustworthy, except that it is clear, from the discrepancies between his words and what's shown in the panels, that the intent is that what we are seeing in those panels is the REAL story.

Comment

Not just that, both the words AND the panels are vastly different than what's been revealed before.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                    Not just that, both the words AND the panels are vastly different than what's been revealed before.
                    Yes. Which I wouldn't think was an issue if I could just chalk it up to Larfleeze being a liar, but the way it is presented doesn't really allow for that explanation. Ah well.

Comment

i really didnt like how this was written. The art was meh.. I think if anything ill pick up the trade when it comes out but the first issue is it for me with this series. Red lanterns on the other hand seems to be looking up.

Comment

2 stars. Which was one star better than I assumed it was going to be, and still better than Red Lanterns. Not good enough for me to want it to stay around. It doesn't matter; Larfleeze already has the stink of cancellation all over it, it'll be a matter of months before the book gets the axe.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                          2 stars. Which was one star better than I assumed it was going to be, and still better than Red Lanterns. Not good enough for me to want it to stay around. It doesn't matter; Larfleeze already has the stink of cancellation all over it, it'll be a matter of months before the book gets the axe.

I’m sure you said the same thing about Red Lanterns.

Comment

I did and Red Lanterns keeps mocking my predictions by it's continued existence. Every month is like a middle finger at me from that wretched book!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              I did and Red Lanterns keeps mocking my predictions by it's continued existence. Every month is like a middle finger at me from that wretched book!
                              Can't win em all I guess.

Comment

Working...
                              X