Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the War of the Green Lanterns is too, but I don't check on a regular basis. When I tried to order my copy at amazon I noticed this. It's OOP for a couple of years now...

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...+side+of+green

Keep in mind that I'm talking about the trade, maybe you can get a hold of the floppies. Paying over 30$ for a trade does seem a bit expensive though.

Comment

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
      I think the War of the Green Lanterns is too, but I don't check on a regular basis. When I tried to order my copy at amazon I noticed this. It's OOP for a couple of years now...

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Lantern-...+side+of+green

Keep in mind that I'm talking about the trade, maybe you can get a hold of the floppies. Paying over 30$ for a trade does seem a bit expensive though.
      Its crazy how prices sneak up on these. I was lucky to get Power of Ion at retail price but had to pay a premium for Emerald Twighlight/New Dawn.
      COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

Updated!

Comment

As Heide mentioned in another thread:
          JLA: A Midsummer's Nightmare
          - Kyle joins the JLA
          - needs to go before Final Night

JLA: New World Order
          - Superman lost his power
          - no yet Superman blue
          - comes after Final Night

IMO Grant Morrison's JLA run should be metioned in this list as there's quite some character development for Kyle in this.

Comment

Does anyone know where "The New Corps" would go?

EDIT
            This one:
            http://www.comicvine.com/the-new-corps/4060-55087/

Comment

I guess I can narrow it down a little bit. It features Hal's magic duplicating ring from Emerald Knights so it has to come afterwards.

Comment

I've been using this list for the past year and finally into New 52. This list (or thread) hasn't been updated in well over a year. I think this should be pinned and would be awesome if it was updated for new fans who are looking to get into reading.

I also use http://www.readingorders.com/Collections/GreenLantern for my Reading Order, but this had JL in there, which I picked up because of this list and found this to be the most accurate and best.

Comment

It was pinned for a time. I will certainly update ASAP.

Comment

Updated the GL portions but still have to do the Justice League/Event comics.

Comment

You are awesome. Thank you very much!!

Comment

Neverrrrmiiiind.
                        KilowogsDisciple
                        Green Lantern
                        Last edited by KilowogsDisciple; 01-24-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

What? Is something wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            What? Is something wrong?
                            Hi! No, I had a dumb question about the Revenge of the Black Hand and The End collected editions, whether owning them would be unnecessary in light of the upcoming Omnibus #3. Apparently both of those novels will be included, so I'll have to sell my copies unread!

And hey, thanks for asking

Comment

Wanted to stop by and make a note for New 52 readers. Some of the books listed are actually collections of Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, New Guardians, and Red Lanterns.

For example:
                              1. Green Lantern: Rise of the Third Army (Green Lantern 13-14, GLC 13-15, GLNG 13-16, RL 13-16, GL 15-16, GLC #16, GLC Annual #1)
                              2. Green Lantern: The End (GL Zero Issue, GL 13-20)
                              3. Green Lantern Corps: Willpower (GLC Annual #1, GLC 15-20)
                              4. New Guardians: Love and Death (Green Lantern #20, GLNG Zero Issue, GLNG 13-20)
                              5. Red Lanterns: The Second Prophecy (Green Lantern #20, RL Zero Issue, RL 13-20)
                              6. Green Lantern: The Wrath of the First Lantern (Green Lantern 17-20, GLC 17-20, GLNG 17-20, RL 17-20)

1 is the collection of issues 13-16 of all series.
                              2 is GL.
                              3 is GLC.
                              4 is NG.
                              5 is RL.

6 is the collection of issues 17-20 of all series.

I wanted to mention this because I've been buying every book from this list from Rebirth to mid-way through New 52 and noticed I've been reading issues I've already read starting in New 52. It's because some of the books (Rise of the Third Army and Wrath of the First Lantern) collect ALL the series into one under that particular plot. Which is cool and all, but if you bought the other ones, you can usually disregard buying those. Double check the issue lists, that will help your reading order. In my list above, either buy the bold books or the italic books, or you'll be reading duplicates.

I've actually quit buying the graphic novels after this whole deal. It's like I wasted a lot of money and half the books on my shelf to read, I've already read. Instead, I bought the single issues for all of them. Which sounds crazy but, at least I know I don't have books that repeat what I've already read. Hope that helps!
                              _ION
                              Corps Recruit
                              Last edited by _ION; 08-23-2016, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Wait, how is this confusing? The list says which issues each collection contains.

Comment

Working...
                                X