This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo.

so, back to our corners then to towel off & spit in the bucket?

ok fine, but Im gonna take out the iron bars from my gloves if ya don't mind; I don't like how bloodied & toothless I left ya this go'round, and Im feelin' just a wee bit guilty.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Black Panther & The Crew canceled.

https://heatst.com/entertainment/mar...to-poor-sales/

Comment

• As a guy said in one of the comments there, why would anybody pay to get preached at, when they can go to church and get preached at for free?

Comment

• Rob Liefeld Discusses Deadpool animated FXX series written and produced by Donald Glover

The bits about the new graphic novel by Liefeld didn't interest me in the slightest. That animated series though? OMG! I don't even like Deadpool that much, but with Glover's involvement I've gotta check it out.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Liefeld needs to kept away from comics, period, and just as far from their affiliated materials/spin-offs.

The only Liefeld item I am purchasing is the remastered issue #1 of Bloodstrike (Liefeld cover, because I can't find a fucking preview of it even when it's the order due date for Diamond Previews). He's getting veritable pennies from me and nothing more, probably ever again.
            Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• You don't like Liefeld... and you're going out of your way for a Bloodstrike #1? And getting upset to the point of dropping the F bomb about the issue....

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                You don't like Liefeld... and you're going out of your way for a Bloodstrike #1? And getting upset to the point of dropping the F bomb about the issue....
                Because a 30-second image search on Google is a massive effort? Because typing a single curse word is a major deal? Because putting a check mark in an order book is a Herculean achievement?
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Just giving ya shit LOL. I don't do that much for books I *really* want. I mean if Alan Moore was writing Supreme again sure. Since Liefeld killed Hawkman, Deathstroke, and Grifter during the new52 on top of Hawk & Dove... he's been dead to me.

It still blows my mind the number of copies of Image comics that used to sell in the 90's. Now I see that stuff in fifty-cent bins at the flea market...

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                    Just giving ya shit LOL. I don't do that much for books I *really* want. I mean if Alan Moore was writing Supreme again sure. Since Liefeld killed Hawkman, Deathstroke, and Grifter during the new52 on top of Hawk & Dove... he's been dead to me.

It still blows my mind the number of copies of Image comics that used to sell in the 90's. Now I see that stuff in fifty-cent bins at the flea market...

~//V\\~
                    I just bought some Image runs (Youngblood, Savage Dragon, Maxx) that were too pricey to buy issue-by-issue in the 90s. That's also exactly what I paid for them: 50 cents per book.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Maxx was one of the best, the animated series on MTV followed it note for note.

Anybody that preaches comics aren't PC enough should read a lot of that earlier Image stuff. The Maxx, Shadowhawk, dozens of characters in Savage Dragon, etc. all fit in that category. One of my favorite characters in 'Dragon wound up being a gay sidekick of a superhero who grew up to get a scarred face. Only reason I quit reading 'Dragon was because they made that particular anti-hero the new Overlord/arch-supervillain.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Yo.

the Maxx was *def* an understated & ignored title, and REALLY did not fit the mold for most of wat came out of Image product-wise.....

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/fil...rhero-universe

Tom Hardy's casting as Venom is a masterstroke for Sony's superhero universe

A leading man with the skill to illuminate Eddie Brock’s twisted soul, Hardy is sure to turn the limited raw materials of this antihero into a titan of cinema

Tazer

Comment

• Thing is though.... look at what else they're trying to put out with Spiderman taking more of a back seat. Black Cat could possibly hold down a spin off movie from Spiderman, but just giving her a team up film with a lame character like Silver Sable?!? And then there's the Sinister 6... who sure as shit ain't the Guardians of the Galaxy or the Suicide Squad. And if their motivation for forming is ANYTHING other than getting back at Spiderman.... then it's just a bad adaption.

Aside from what they've got, if it were me and they just HAD to have more villain films or anti-hero films... I'd reintroduce the world to a reforming Sandman. Hell if Sony kept playing ball with Marvel/Disney you could do like the Ult. Spiderman cartoon and involve Fury and SHIELD with his rehabilitation. At one time he WAS a reserve Avenger...

~//V\\~

Comment

• This is a scattershot attempt to blame Marvel's decline on everything but its snowflakery. It sounds remarkably like the many attempts by commentators to deny that ESPN's political commentary is what's chasing the channel's viewers away.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compa...Zve?li=BBnbfcN

Comment

• I'm really hoping that's the case. Marvel lucked into a breakout character with Venom, but they erroneously thought they could replicate that success by having the symbiote jump from host to host. It's taken them 13 years (and a couple of terrible Venom stories before that) to digest that they had lightning in a bottle. Now it seems that they're going back to Brock in a full-force manner. He's not only got the original symbiote back, but he is seemingly the center of the upcoming Edge of the Venomverse event. Marvel is finally admitting that Venom is more than a gimmick, and Sony is quietly confessing to their blunder with Blowpher Grace in SM3.
                                Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                                X