The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation
View Poll Results: Do you want Tyrese to be the DC movieverse Green Lantern?
Hell yes! 0 0%
Yes 3 15.79%
No 5 26.32%
Aw, hell no! 7 36.84%
Well, if it HAS to be John Stewart then yes 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-27-2015, 04:19 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB
Default Do you want Tyrese to be GL in the DC cinematic universe?

Because he does.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58806

For me, if they have to have John Stewart on the Justice League right off the bat (and that would be a mistake, in my opinion)... then I really wouldn't mind it at all. I'm imagining the banter between Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jason Momoa, and Tyrese, and I'd imagine it'd be pretty priceless.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
TazzMission
Banned

well for one dc needs to move the movie from 2020 to 2018 at least. secondly i like gibson but he wouldnt be my pick for gl. i think depending how ff does dc should try to get michael b jordan because 1. hes young. 2 they can use him for sequels and 3. make hal jordan the villain by being parallax that way your killing 2 birds with one stone
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
3. make hal jordan the villain by being parallax that way your killing 2 birds with one stone
You know the golden boy CCO would never let them do that. He's even the guy that nixed the whole foreshadowing of Parallax in the original Green Lantern movie script with Hal getting the white temples at the end after going into the Central Power Battery.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:11 PM   #4
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
You know the golden boy CCO would never let them do that. He's even the guy that nixed the whole foreshadowing of Parallax in the original Green Lantern movie script with Hal getting the white temples.
keep the cco away from it plain and simple is what i say
Old 01-27-2015, 05:24 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
keep the cco away from it plain and simple is what i say
They won't. You know they won't.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:31 PM   #6
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
They won't. You know they won't.
people may think im an idiot for saying this but i always feel that if any company gives a director a movie to do he or she needs to have full control depending on the choice oviously

if im not mistaken i think thats what marvel did with james gunn wich resulted in one of the most amazing films they came out with. i think if marvel didnt allow james gunn to be james gunn that movie would have been a turd

what dc needs to do is find a writter and director who can deliver this charachter with a huge fantastic payoff. personally they need a director who has done scifi since well gl is scifi if you had to put it in a genre.

same with shazam. they need to find a person who is fantastic at fantasy wich imo shazam is

also this would be my choice for halalax

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau

Last edited by TazzMission; 01-27-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #7
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, though. If they have to do John Stewart in the JL movie (though I really feel like forcing Cyborg into the League is probably a way for them to not have John Stewart, since the "black quotient" would be fulfilled), then already having there be a bit of history with Hal already having gone rogue and become Parallax at some point... is not a bad way to go at all.

Even sets up the GL movie rather well. John could headline it, rustle up Guy and Kyle, marshal what's left of the Corps and Hal as Parallax could be the main villain. That'd be cool.
Old 01-27-2015, 06:35 PM   #8
IonFan
Forum Member

well if it has to be JS then it has to be, i'd be ok with him playing as JS

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k the "Deep-State" and screw all the fake news, one year in and I still support our President one
Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:10 PM   #9
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea, though. If they have to do John Stewart in the JL movie (though I really feel like forcing Cyborg into the League is probably a way for them to not have John Stewart, since the "black quotient" would be fulfilled), then already having there be a bit of history with Hal already having gone rogue and become Parallax at some point... is not a bad way to go at all.

Even sets up the GL movie rather well. John could headline it, rustle up Guy and Kyle, marshal what's left of the Corps and Hal as Parallax could be the main villain. That'd be cool.
i have this idea in my mind of how to have the opening scene be for the gl movie. have a voice over of a guardian of oa go into detail about the rise and fall ( showing him become parallax)of hal jordan wile showing it as it happens. introduce john as his replacement and cut to what is going on currently with john. that whole scene shouldnt be more than 10 or 15 minutes total

i dont want to introduce guy or kyle just yet i want to slow build john stewart
Old 01-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #10
buffalorock
Manhunter Repairman

I do not think Tyrese is the best actor to play John Stewart. He just doesn't seem serious enough or really even look the part. I think its awesome that he is pushing for Stewart to be in the movies however. I don't see why Hal and John can't be in the same movie.
buffalorock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:47 PM   #11
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalorock View Post
I do not think Tyrese is the best actor to play John Stewart. He just doesn't seem serious enough or really even look the part. I think its awesome that he is pushing for Stewart to be in the movies however. I don't see why Hal and John can't be in the same movie.
The thing is... there's been so many versions of John Stewart, in mannerisms to personality, to jokey and hip to dark and gritty and serious (and even in the comics alone)... almost any take on John Stewart would be valid on film.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:12 PM   #12
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
The thing is... there's been so many versions of John Stewart, in mannerisms to personality, to jokey and hip to dark and gritty and serious (and even in the comics alone)... almost any take on John Stewart would be valid on film.
have him be like diggle on arrow. give him that form of charachter . dont make him a typical stereotype charachter like making him some ex gangster or something. i hate how hollywood has to push that route when it comes to minorities
Old 01-27-2015, 11:02 PM   #13
Noct
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Its definitely for the best that John Stewart be the cinematic Green Lantern. And Hal as Parallax would give continuity to those wondering if GL was white or black. It just make perfect sense.

John could then be Kyles mentor in futures films. This would forever end the confusion of people outside comics who doesnt know who the hell Green Lantern is at long last.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:06 PM   #14
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noct View Post
Its definitely for the best that John Stewart be the cinematic Green Lantern. And Hal as Parallax would give continuity to those wondering if GL was white or black. It just make perfect sense.

John could then be Kyles mentor in futures films. This would forever end the confusion of people outside comics who doesnt know who the hell Green Lantern is at long last.
its not even about confusion. i just think the 2011 film was so bad hal was ruined honestly by the terrible script. i dont fault any of the cast but lets call a turd a turd. even if it was fan boy favorite nathan fillion the story still would have sucked.

plus john is a charachter i want to see because there are purists who believve hal is the only option and i want them ( dc) to prove them wrong
Old 01-28-2015, 02:03 AM   #15
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

I still think they'll go with Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern for the first 2 Justice League movies and then John Stewart will be introduced in the 2020 GL movie.

I heard Zack is looking for an older Hal but I still want to see Taylor Kitsch in the role.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:29 AM   #16
Star-Lantern
Hal's Understudy

Yeah, I support it. As for the whole "singular Black man thing," it's 2015, we have got to get out of thinking in terms and systems like those (I'm not speaking to anyone here in particular, by the way). That whole line of thinking is a racist construct. Yes, it's good to show Black people, but by no means do entertainment features ONLY HAVE TO HAVE one Black person, especially when there are seven spots. It's ridiculous. Cyborg and John Stewart really have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Not in background, not in personality, not in powers. Besides, there are great reasons to have John Stewart that don't even have anything to do with race, like what Latino-Review said here:

Quote:
I've been asking around and, as of now, this looks like a one-sided quest. There's no word on whether DC is paying him any mind. At this point, the only aspect that rings true is that the next cinematic Green Lantern we'll see will be John Stewart, and not Hal Jordan. This is conceivably to help avoid reboot fatigue from fans who just saw a Hal Jordan Green Lantern a few years ago, and possibly to help capture the diversity buzz that comes from mixing up the casts of their franchises a bit.
http://www.latino-review.com/news/ty...lantern-reboot

Personally, I think we'll be getting John, and I believe the huge status quo change coming for the comics in June will reinforce this. I think DC/WB will be taking Green Lantern in a whole different direction than what it has been on for the past 10 years, which is a direction that's much more associated with the 2011 film, cartoon, et al, which I think is what they will be trying to move away from.

Last edited by Star-Lantern; 01-28-2015 at 02:34 AM.
Star-Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 04:35 AM   #17
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
I still think they'll go with Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern for the first 2 Justice League movies and then John Stewart will be introduced in the 2020 GL movie.

I heard Zack is looking for an older Hal but I still want to see Taylor Kitsch in the role.

actually i think taylor could make a damn good shazam...............
Old 01-28-2015, 05:38 AM   #18
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

DC/WB has slashed my Green Lantern Fandom to about half. I like John is the Cartoon. I like the way Him and Wally played off eachother. But even then Green Lantern had a serious power deduction. I like John. I have a picture singed by Phil Lamar in my room. Hal is the Face of Green Lantern,not using him is a mistake. But if there is one thing DC/WB is good at it is making mistakes.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #19
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I prefer they stick with the Hal Jordan character.
Old 01-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #20
Booster Beetle
Will break before he bends

Hal had his chance, it's Kyle's time to shine!

Booster Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 03:15 PM   #21
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booster Beetle View Post
Hal had his chance, it's Kyle's time to shine!
itll be john before kyle. i wont go into why because i want to avoid assumptions

i will say though i like the idea of andrew garfield as kyle.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #22
Space Cop
The Dandy

It might even be Guy before Kyle. Think about it; he's the devil-may-care, in-your-face GL. That's an easier sell to hang a movie on then the sensitive artist.
Old 01-28-2015, 03:40 PM   #23
TazzMission
Banned

why not just do a film with all 4 gls similar to emerald knights where instead of 6 to 8 stories its 4?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:49 PM   #24
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

Quote:
why not just do a film with all 4 gls similar to emerald knights where instead of 6 to 8 stories its 4?
Because you need a face for marketing. A face/look that pops into the mind when you here a characters name.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:05 PM   #25
Red Lantern Djs
Fatality's Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
It might even be Guy before Kyle. Think about it; he's the devil-may-care, in-your-face GL. That's an easier sell to hang a movie on then the sensitive artist.
I hope it's

Noir Movies! Late Night Every Saturday http://moviestvnetwork.com/noir

Last edited by Red Lantern Djs; 01-28-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Red Lantern Djs is offline   Reply With Quote