Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel Green Lantern enthusiasm has waned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, in my old job I could've worn t-shirts but I wore a shirt and tie and vest anyway.

Comment

Yeah I think interest has waned for the die hard fan. with all the reboots......but for the casual fan gl interest has grown and that is what dc comics truly cares about the casual fan.

Comment

I was in love with all things GL Rebirth-Blackest Night(especially SCW)...but shortly after BN, I found myself not really caring as much. Not sure why but my love for GL just kind of fizzled after BN. Still read the books and enjoyed many things in them but overall, whether it was any of the cliffhangers during BN or any of the cliffhangers in WotGL, but I just never rekindled the excitement I felt while and after reading GL#25. Still love GL and always will but I just no longer feel that crazed anticipation that I once had for it.

Comment

Yes and No. Since the New 52, yes.

Comment

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              And, before you ask, I don't think they are hiring.
              Curses!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zander Yurami View Post
                I guess I am the 1% on this subject.
                I LOVED both Blackest Night and the movie. Brightest Day on the other hand...pass
                *shurgs*
                My love for GL has done nothing but grow
                I am a 1%er too...and my interest is far from waning.

Comment

I like DCnU personally. I feel like the year of the Green Lantern is over and a lot of the hype will die off but if anything the fan base has grown. The dedicated since before the movie are still into it, some of the dedicated since the movie will stick around, and many of the newly dedicated thanks to the DCnU will be around.

Even though the hype may have died off for some of the movie goers I personally have only increased in love of the series.

Into philosophy? Religion? Politics? Comics? Games? Wanna discuss these things/see reviews? Comment on previous posts! Visit my blogs! http://btucker9.blogspot.com/ http://bulletlantern.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ever since me and my family had a falling out last year and me getting an apartment with my terminally ill girlfriend, I would say yes. I blame life just as much as the books. The new 52 has recaptured some excitment but nothing like I felt before. I still get them because I still enjoy them but sometimes it feels like I do it out of habit and not desire.

Comment

I voted no, still keeping my hopes up. I think the current GL titles in the DCnU are still okay.

http://www.green-bloggers-site.com

Comment

Absolutely.

The fact this is the first time I've clicked on something outside of GD on this site shows it.

I used to click on every section when visiting this site, mostly in here and the Volume Threads, to discuss the latest issues, that does not happen anymore, I just dont really care, like a few others I'm like this with comics in general, the only one I continually read for years is Punisher.

With GL my interest went after the end of BN, I never bothered with BD because it just had a bunch of characters that I dont really care about, its like they took all the main eventers out and replaced them with the midcard, and expected the same level of interest.

I would certainly pin point GL's buzz killer as BD, and then the movie was the nail in the coffin, as a franchise I don't see how it will ever get the hype it did during the Rebirth-BN era again, event wise I think they played the end of the universe against evil army too many times, which I heard is GJ next event as well, a new police force by the guardians.

I had a look at the new 52 issues, GL seemed ok, although Sinestro going through a redemption story I dunno about that, Red Lanterns was awful, Its funny how ROTRL was awesome to me but since then Atrocitus has been watered down too much for my liking, I should probably give it a read when it inevitable gets canned.

New Guardians was even worse I couldn't even finish the first issue, GLC not interested.

I suppose when I feel like reading a good sci-fi epic adventure story I will always have rebirth-scw-bn.

I notice in general with the lack of buzz with the comics, that this site has also taken a hit, theirs alot of regular posters that don't post anymore, or very little like me, not much you can do when its the source materials fault, this site is still great.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Definitely. I just donīt care anymore. I bought comics because I supported GL and GLC, now I just pirate them so I can look at the pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                            ...the only one I continually read for years is Punisher...

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              :P

Anyway I probably wont be enjoying Punisher for much longer since Frankie is about to go bye bye and Marvel are ending the series.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Well, Rucka's will still be around, right?
                                It's the only Marvel U. title I'm reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X