Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to start reading The Flash, where should I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to start reading The Flash, where should I start?

were should I start... looking to probably just amazon some trades and go from there.
    what tie-ins should I go after...etc.

Flash #1.

Comment

Which Flash?

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
        Flash #1.
        hahaha, if i could come by it i would have sold it

Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Which Flash?
        Barry Allen

Comment

If you're not interested in the current run then I'd just pick up The Flash Chronicles trades. Barry's stories read better in bulk than in a simple story arc to pick out. Most of them age well even if they are a bit goofy.

I know some enjoyed it, but I wasn't very fond of Geoff Johns' last run on the character. But if you're interested in that (which features the same art team as the current run), then the first trade is "The Dastardly Death of The Rogues". It wasn't BAD just was a bit lackluster for me. The second trade is "The Road to Flashpoint"

Comment

I can't really help you with Barry Allen stuff, as he was before my time. But if you wanted to expand to Wally West, I think Geoff Johns' first run on The Flash was fantastic, possibly still his best work.

Comment

can someone just give me a good list of Barry Allen stuff, in order, to go off of please
              I was considering go after some Wally stuff also, after getting a little bit into Barry, since I had like one Flash comic when I was younger and it was Wally.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fetus View Post
                can someone just give me a good list of Barry Allen stuff, in order, to go off of please
                I was considering go after some Wally stuff also, after getting a little bit into Barry, since I had like one Flash comic when I was younger and it was Wally.

thanks
                I think West's advice was the best. You have The Flash Chronicles or if you want something more modern there's Johns' recent take on Barry starting with The Flash Rebirth and continuing into The Dastardly Death of the Rogues. Or if you don't want something tied to previous continuity you can wait till the trade for the new series comes out or try and get it in floppies.

As for Wally, Johns' first run on The Flash was great in my opinion though I have no idea if those trades are still in print. If you're willing to spend the money though his run is being collected in the Omnibus format (be warned that your mmv when it comes to the binding). I've also heard good things about Waid's run who preceded Johns on the title though I've enver read it myself.

Comment

k cool thanks

Comment

So i picked up Rebirth today and it was pretty good, it being my real first Barry Allen read, It was a little jumpy though it seemed, but over all I enjoyed it. I just have one question, I found a picture on one page with a Black Lantern Flash or maybe Zoom/Reverse Flash and I was wondering how this played in since Rebirth was Pre Blackest Night... I someone knows the answer to this please let me know... I included a scan of the page below

Comment

That was Thawne's rebirth or some kind of version of it. Blackest Night: The Flash was its own little story and by the time Geoff actually wrote the ending to Blackest Night, it was clear he had forgotten about that panel in Rebirth.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                        That was Thawne's rebirth or some kind of version of it. Blackest Night: The Flash was its own little story and by the time Geoff actually wrote the ending to Blackest Night, it was clear he had forgotten about that panel in Rebirth.
                        Why would you say he forgot about that panel? Granted, the Black Lantern Reverse Flash looked totally different in BN: Flash, but that seems more like an art flub than anything else (similarily Cap Boomerang looked different in BN:Batman and BN:Flash).

Comment

Well because they weren't resurrected until the end of the series. And it definitely didn't look like that panel.

Comment

Working...
                          X