Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea, Black Hammer has been fantastic. It's ridiculous how quickly Lemire was able to build a world that felt like it had a ton of depth and legacy to it.

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: After Twenty-Six Years, DC Comics Rumoured to Close Vertigo

Comment

• Never heard of Black Hammer, but damn that is some good art by Scalera.

Comment

• This is what happens when you let the best go to smaller publishers for their creative owned work. This is what happens when you don't entice your top DC creators to "first look" deals through Vertigo. This is what happens when you replace not one but TWO insanely respected editors and have nothing for years that anyone talks about.

Comment

• Heck, Vertigo has been so low profile of late that I thought it already WAS gone.

Comment

• Bleeding Cool: Those DC Vertigo Comics Shuttering Rumors, the Day After

Comment

• "Top 10 Jokers"

Seems like the right place for this.
                Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Boo.

Comment

• The line in question could be misinterpreted as far as the context. He said something about GL and the Earth 1 WW "and that's it." but that could just mean that's all he's got on his plate at the present time.

Unlike a lot of the older comics pros, Morrison just gets better with age and can still bring it. His Earth 1 WW was something he'd cooked up years ago, it's just that DC didn't know how to market something like that until now. He's had a take on the Flash he's wanted to bring to life but hasn't yet [I wonder if that had anything to do with him co-writing the latest Flash movie script?!], and I'm sure there's other characters he'd like to do something with.

I'd personally love to see him oversee a group of Justice League titles, or bring something new to the table with teams like Titans/Teen Titans. I've wondered since DC started having Wonder Woman operate out of Europe how Morrison would work a Justice League Europe with WW and Constantine as members and just getting weird with it.

Comment

• Comment

• JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA Returns to DCU & Continuity This Fall

After three years and three weeks of teasing, the Justice Society of America is now confirmed to be returning to the DCU this fall. The classic WWII era superteam will return in Scott Snyder's Justice League later this year, and are on the cover for September's Justice League #31.

"I can’t tell you how honored and thrilled I am to be able to reintroduce them to mainline continuity," Snyder tells Newsarama. "I’ve been waiting to do it for months and months and months and months and months - really, since we did Metal. I have really big plans for them. I mean, they play a really crucial role in this story."

The JSA have appeared briefly in flashbacks in the current Doomsday Clock event series, which was set-up in 2016's DC Universe: Rebirth #1. Per Doomsday Clock, the official explanation of their absence from the Rebirth-era DCU continuity was Dr. Manhattan altering the timeline so that Alan Scott never becomes Green Lantern, a key plotpoint of the series.

However, according to Snyder his and DC's "big plans" for the classic team aren't just limited to Doomsday Clock and his Justice League storyline.

"But I also have big plans for them in general. They’re characters that I’ve been dying to use for a very long time," said the writer. "I’m a big fan of what Geoff Johns did with them, and what James Robinson did with them."

Check back Wednesday afternoon for a longer conversation with Snyder about his plans for the JSA in Justice League, the "Justice: Doom War" arc and beyond, how they relate to Doomsday Clock, and more.

Here are the solicitations for September's two Justice League issues. Look for DC's full September 2019 solicitations later this month on Newsarama.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #31
                        written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
                        art by JORGE JIMENEZ
                        cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
                        variant cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
                        “The Justice Doom War” part two! The culmination of Lex Luthor’s plan hinges on his beating the Justice League to the prize, ratcheting up the peril as the Year of the Villain continues! The Totality has shattered and its pieces have been tossed across space and time. Thus, the Justice League must also split apart, forming three search teams to comb the past, present, and future to re-combine the Totality before the Legion of Doom can get its villainous hands on the cosmic weapon. What allies will our heroes find in these other timelines? In the future, it’s the Last Boy on Earth, Kamandi! But in the past, there are the familiar faces of the Justice Society of America!
                        ON SALE 09.04.19
                        $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
                        FC | RATED T+

JUSTICE LEAGUE #32
                        written by SCOTT SNYDER and JAMES TYNION IV
                        art by HOWARD PORTER
                        cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
                        card stock variant cover by OLIVIER COIPEL
                        “The Justice Doom War” part three! Things are getting dangerous across the time stream. On one side of time, the Justice League team finds heroic purpose; on the other, it’s a future full of chaos and trial. It’s the Totality in action. If they can’t stop Lex’s Legion across all fronts, there may be only one other option: embrace Doom!
                        ON SALE 09.18.19
                        $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
                        CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99
                        FC | RATED T+
                        Hypo
                        Lil' Leaguer
                        Last edited by Hypo; 06-12-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

• Dave is going to be so mad when he buys that issue and they're only on the cover of the book.

Comment

• Too little, too late.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                              Too little, too late.
                              I'm just curious, do you make these feelings known to the customers at your shop; wait for them to complain and join in; or neither?

There are basically two LCSs for me. When I had a sort-of internship years ago; one was closer, but I found it a bummer to go there because the owner was always down on the whole industry and current comics.

Not saying that's you because you're more precise in your complaints and you still praise other things, but do you think about that kind of thing in selling comics?

Comment

Working...
                              X