Tron Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tron Legacy

Don't know if it's true or not but a friend of mine who was at ComicCon told me that last years Tron 2.0 trailer is now going to be Tron Legacy, that comes out next year. Frackin' awesome if it's true!

Seriously dude... the other thread is on the first page... you didn't even need the search function to find it...

Try being more observant.

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ead.php?t=8802
    Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

I looked for it, sorry I missed it.

Comment

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Thats hot. Very excited for this bad boy to come out.

*Props to InterestingJohn for the Sig & Avatar*

Comment

Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post

Darth_Andrea
            I want one.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

I've waited 27 years for this movie to come out...that looks awesome.

Comment

Yo.

dammit D_A, U made me mess my pants w/that pic..............

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

You guys should check the trailer on Youtube if you havent already it looks incredible.
                    The Daleks you have the ability to instill great Fear welcome to the Sinestro Corps.
                    Response--- Wel---come? No We must Ex--ter---min---ate Sinestro

Comment

Not to be a dick...

but there's like three threads for this movie...
                      all containing trailers and music for the film.
                      "Don't disturb my circles."

Comment

A couple nights ago, I watched Surrogates on DVD, and the first teaser trailer for Tron Legacy was on the DVD. Watching it again only reminded me of just how anxious I am to see this movie! December can't get here fast enough!

Comment

I just can't finish the first one. A lot of that has to do with the effects. So I look forward to seeing it done with good effects and hopefully great acting by Hedlund who I think is very talented.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            I just can't finish the first one. A lot of that has to do with the effects. So I look forward to seeing it done with good effects and hopefully great acting by Hedlund who I think is very talented.
                            What you have to remember while watching it is that the first film will be 30 YEARS OLD next year, and it was THE FIRST film to feature CG animation. OF COURSE IT LOOKS CRUDE BY TODAY'S STANDARDS. But those of us that were alive when it came out and that actually saw it in the 1980s remember how revolutionary it was at the time. TRON was WAY ahead of its time. It was on the bleeding edge of the "cyberpunk" movement in science fiction, a sub-genre of SF that was born in 1981... the same year TRON hit movie screens.

Many people consider SF author William Gibson to be the father of cyberpunk SF. His first cyberpunk short story, "Johnny Mnemonic", was published in 1981, only 1 year before Disney released TRON. TRON shares many thematic elements with Gibson's cyberpunk stories, elements that, sadly, went right over the heads of audiences in 1982. It wouldn't be until sometime in the 1990s that the general public knew enough about computers and "cyberspace" to fully comprehend TRON, and the runaway success of The Matrix proved that by the late '90s, moviegoers were finally ready to accept cyberpunk SF as mainstream entertainment.

Naturally, I fully expect that Tron Legacy will do MUCH better at the box office than the original film did. Now if only Disney would release BOTH movies to theaters on a back-to-back double bill, I'd be a happy camper. I'm one of many people that didn't get to see TRON until years later, on either TV or VHS. I'd love to finally be able to see it on the BIG SCREEN!
                            Jack T. Chance
                            Really knows where his towel is!
                            Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 03-13-2010, 09:33 PM. Reason: Corrected erroneous information regarding release dates.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
                              What you have to remember while watching it is that the first film will be 30 YEARS OLD next year, and it was THE FIRST film to feature CG animation.
                              Damn, I'm old because I remember seeing the original Tron when it was released in theaters. And I do remember it was somewhat cutting edge. I use to have the toy lightcycle too.

I also remember how most of the Cyberspace and computer jargon was over most of the audience's heads.
                              You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Working...
                              X