The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 04-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #51
Space Cop
The Dandy

Awesome episode today. GL:AS Saint Walker is like 10x as cool as comic book Walker. Reminded me of Pei Mei (but less violent).

And yes, the surprise was really cool.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:38 PM   #52
TazzMission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Awesome episode today. GL:AS Saint Walker is like 10x as cool as comic book Walker. Reminded me of Pei Mei (but less violent).

And yes, the surprise was really cool.
yea i was suprised sw was introduced this early

i was hoping for more of him in the episode but over all still a good episode
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #53
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

That episode was amazing. The writing on this show just contnnues to impress. Bugged me that Kilowog only makes the same hammer construct over and over, but I accepted that that fight needed to be drawn out for plot's sake.

And yeah, the surprise was awesome. And Walker was dope! Although every new costume design (Walker, Iolande) makes me wish more and more they'd done something more interesting with Hal's outfit - some kind of extra detail to make him more dimensional. Nothing as radical as the movie version, but something a little extra to take advantage of the CG more. But, whatever, it's a great show.
Muthasucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #54
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard

Probably my favorite episode of the show so far, very happy to see Saint Walker and i'm digging the different take on him. Of course the big reveal was a surprise, just a very strong episode all around this show continues to impress. The other highlight for me was the Animal Man DC short, it had me rolling on the floor laughing just the whole silly nature of it.
Raker616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #55
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

Yeah, those Animal Man ones were awesome! That animation was fantastic and they were truly funny and a great take on the character. I like the Batgirl/Supergirl/Wonder girl ones too. Why do they make Supergirl so chubby? It's not that I don't like it - I actually think it's kind of a good message, just wasn't sure where it was coming from. Maybe just that. Anyway, that one was good too.

And while we're at it Young Justice was also great. Not quite as good as the previous few episodes, but still a solid entry in the series. Nice use of Haley's Circus and Parasite was well done, as have been all their takes on classic villains.

So far DC Nation has been great. Better than the Marvel Hour or whatever they're calling it over on Disney XD. Avengers has been OK, and their shorts are kinda funny, but, god, that Spider-Man show is horrible. Can't believe they canned Spectacular for that tripe.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #56
robojac
Senior Corps Member

I agree with the above comments on the recent GL:TAS episode and had to comment on here. So far this has been the best episode of an already so far awesome first Season. Timm and co. have finally figured out how to write Hal and the GL universe properly.

Saint Walker was a nice surprise and it appears that he won't be a Blue Lantern yet, but it makes sense since Ganthet and Sayd are still Guardians. Saint Walker makes me wonder if Larflezze, Indigo 1 and the Indigo Tribe, and Sinestro will show up later this season. I have a few minor problems with this show(how the Red Lanterns are portrayed, not seeing other GLC members, and the GL constructs not being creative enough) but again they're minor.

I never had a problem with the animation and I like the Sci-Fi/space opera feel of this show. That's what sets GL apart from other superheroes. I like that Hal's adventures are unique and space based like stopping an asteroid from destroying a planet or saving a space ship from being sucked into a vortex or whatever it was.

The stories and additions(Aia(sp?) and the ship) to the show's GL mythos have been good so far. The big surprise on who the GL ring went to, blew this GL fan's mind and I can't wait to see this new GLC member help stop the Red Lanterns in later eps. this season. I also think that Young Justice is an awesome show.

Last edited by robojac; 04-09-2012 at 12:15 AM.
robojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #57
DocLantern
Banned

Another really good episode, and I agree that the Animal Man short was great.
DocLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #58
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

just watched the episode. One of my favorites thus far. Introduction of Mogo is great. Interested in knowing what st. walker meant by "their is a war coming"
Old 04-09-2012, 11:18 AM   #59
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

And that was Phil Morris as St. Walker. He voiced Vandal Savage on JLU and in JLoom. Also, was that Clancy Brown as the guy who Kilowog fought?
Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #60
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Yep!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #61
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

Also Walker said something when Razer said if he was the ring bearer, that hints of maybe the Blues will come!!

And I didn't know Walker was a Kung Fu Shaolin Master!
HAhaHAhaHAhaHAAAA

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
d3v1lb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #62
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Animated Saint Walker is all kinds of awesome.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 PM   #63
BlueLantern17
Corps Recruit

I loved all the episodes so far but I especially liked episode 3 when Razer goes back to save Hal and Kilowog and episode 6 was really good I like that Saint Walker was in it and that it showed how Mogo became a Green Lantern, I remember him from Emerald Knights. For a minute in episode 6 when Walker gave Razer the ring I thought that the ring had choosen Razer and that he was going to become a Green Lantern rather than a Red one.

Last edited by BlueLantern17; 04-09-2012 at 07:51 PM.
BlueLantern17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #64
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Going by that episode we can assume Saint Walker is a reformed criminal that was stuck on Mogo.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:28 PM   #65
Savage Ringer
Kilowog's Recruit

Great episode! The best so far! Dont know who this Walker dude is (Im way behind on my GL reading) but he is awesome. Looking forward to more shows with him (I know he is a Blue Lantern from seeing his action figure at the LCS).

Also MOGO Rules!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:22 AM   #66
EmeraldGamer
Green Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Ringer View Post
Great episode! The best so far! Dont know who this Walker dude is (Im way behind on my GL reading) but he is awesome. Looking forward to more shows with him (I know he is a Blue Lantern from seeing his action figure at the LCS).

Also MOGO Rules!

YIKES...you have much catching up to do overall then.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #67
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Ringer View Post

Also MOGO Rules!
You have much to read young one.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #68
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
Interested in knowing what st. walker meant by "their is a war coming"
Yeah me too, a blackest night reference perhaps????

Anyway really liked this episode and im happy they are finally showing the red lantern again in next week's episode.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #69
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

My review o' "Lost Planet": http://indigotribe.wordpress.com/201...n-lost-planet/
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 PM   #70
Space Cop
The Dandy

I wasn't thrilled with the idea that Hal, 'Wog, and Aya combined couldn't stop an asteroid. Hal's actually stopped cataclysmic asteroids as a side story in the comics. And if they couldn't how come Mogo could? He may be bigger but he was still a rookie with a regular ring.

That's just nitpicking though. I loved the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
My review o' "Lost Planet": ...
"Iím sure this was only added as a plot device, but it was interesting to see that the Green Lantern power batteries were actually running out of juice. How will our heroes recharge them? Likely, theyíll be fine by the next episode, but itís still worth mentioning."
That's a big 10-4 since you'll recall Aya was de-powered too and by the end of the episode she's re-powered. If she's re-powered, they can charge her rings off the ship. This creates the impression that the batteries simply refill with time (like healing in an FPS game), though it's possible Mogo charged them.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #71
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
I wasn't thrilled with the idea that Hal, 'Wog, and Aya combined couldn't stop an asteroid. Hal's actually stopped cataclysmic asteroids as a side story in the comics. And if they couldn't how come Mogo could? He may be bigger but he was still a rookie with a regular ring.

That's just nitpicking though. I loved the story.
My nitpicking was with Mogo himself. He had the power to literally move mountains and keep outlaws trapped on his surface yet he couldnít create a simple channel to grab the ring for himself?

I liked the story too, but would have liked it if they found a way to stay truer to the character's origins. Por ejemplo, St. Walker was a great character in this story, but why was he marooned on Mogo?

Lastly, what happened to the mute that threw Hal off the cliff? Groo? (I think that was his name) He just vanished without a trace.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:39 AM   #72
Muthasucka
Parallax Host

Mogo turned him to stone (somehow). Yeah, they were a little vague about Mogo's abilities, but it didn't get in the way of the story for me.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #73
Space Cop
The Dandy

Yeah, he turned to stone, which seemed harsh.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #74
Orion Pax
Iolande's Bodyguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
My nitpicking was with Mogo himself. He had the power to literally move mountains and keep outlaws trapped on his surface yet he couldnít create a simple channel to grab the ring for himself?

I liked the story too, but would have liked it if they found a way to stay truer to the character's origins. Por ejemplo, St. Walker was a great character in this story, but why was he marooned on Mogo?

Lastly, what happened to the mute that threw Hal off the cliff? Groo? (I think that was his name) He just vanished without a trace.
Mogo said he has been stranding criminals for ages until they reform. Walker was probably a merc or pirate that crashed there.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:52 PM   #75
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

I didnt mind the change in the oath. I thought it fit really well with the tone of the show.