Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the delays have killed my excitement for this book

Comment

It started coming out every two months after like... issue 2 or 3? Shouldn't let that stop you from reading what I believe is one of GJ's best works if not THE best work he's done since his first run on the JSA.

If you were like me, I couldn't wait for the Joker to finally meet Mime and Marionette... and the series is only gonna get better now that they've met. Also, the two people who are outted as government metahumans was a bit of a surprise. And... could this series possibly lead into the Three Jokers series?! I think it might...

Comment

Issue #7 is out and Manhattan has been found. First couple pages goes into how he took Alan Scott off the board.

It still hasn't revealed who he is in the DCU.

Somebody's gotta be reading this other than me. You guys are killing me LOL

Comment

I don’t get how Manhattan was able to take Alan Scott off the board. He was experiencing the future with the JSA in it and then made moves to remove them from the playing field but Watchmen clearly established that he can’t change the future. It’s ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
            I don’t get how Manhattan was able to take Alan Scott off the board. He was experiencing the future with the JSA in it and then made moves to remove them from the playing field but Watchmen clearly established that he can’t change the future. It’s ridiculous!
            I think his power levels grew during the time of Before Watchmen where he literally destroyed whole universes within the multiverse. But the bigger question....

Bat-Penis v Manhattan's Blue Penis

I demand a WW boob shot now... it's been how many years and we've NEVER seen a nip slip?

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
              ...Somebody's gotta be reading this other than me. You guys are killing me LOL
              EDIT

Like the first Star Wars trilogy, Godfather 1-3, or Hamlet, I believe Watchmen is a perfectly complete story that we don't need to know anymore about. Anything that continues it ruins the open ending and anything set before it adds unnecessary details not approved by the author. I'm morally opposed to it very existence.

Though it does tear me up that it officially has a GL appearance now because I've been trying to keep up with every one. As I think I said below, you're tearing me up. I have to choose which principle is more important to me now.

Seriously, though, it was #3 in May and #4 in July, so someone else is reading it. 130,000+ someones.
              Probably if our 1813 users were actually active you'd have a pretty good conversation going, but active users are apparently down to 58.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 09-27-2018, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Doomsday Clock #9 Cover by Gary Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                  EDIT

Like the first Star Wars trilogy, Godfather 1-3, or Hamlet, I believe Watchmen is a perfectly complete story that we don't need to know anymore about. Anything that continues it ruins the open ending and anything set before it adds unnecessary details not approved by the author. I'm morally opposed to it very existence.

Though it does tear me up that it officially has a GL appearance now because I've been trying to keep up with every one. As I think I said below, you're tearing me up. I have to choose which principle is more important to me now.

Seriously, though, it was #3 in May and #4 in July, so someone else is reading it. 130,000+ someones.
                  Probably if our 1800+ users were actually active you'd have a pretty good conversation going, but active users are apparently down to 58.
                  Alan's Lantern is one of the MAIN sub-plots right now along with Johnny Thunder's missing Thunderbolt. That and the Supermen Theory/Superhuman Arms Race makes this everything but just another attempt at cashing in on the Watchmen. The landscape of the DCU is taking a big turn with this series and I'd wager a lot more Rebirths and reintroductions are happening here.

Was the Riddler already back to being a 2nd rate spandex clad villain looking for a break? Have the henchmen of the DCU villains EVER been this fleshed out? I mean, DAMN, a lot of stuff is happening and nobody's talking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
                    Alan's Lantern is one of the MAIN sub-plots right now along with Johnny Thunder's missing Thunderbolt. That and the Supermen Theory/Superhuman Arms Race makes this everything but just another attempt at cashing in on the Watchmen. The landscape of the DCU is taking a big turn with this series and I'd wager a lot more Rebirths and reintroductions are happening here...
                    So, you think this could result in original Alan and possibly JSU making it back to current continuity?

Comment

So, you think this could result in original Alan and possibly JSU making it back to current continuity?
                      I would be 100% shocked if this doesn't end with the JSA coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        I would be 100% shocked if this doesn't end with the JSA coming back.
                        I think both the JSA and the Legion of Superheroes will return by the end of this series.

My only questions: Will the shenanigans of Manhattan be the reason we also got the last iteration of Earth2? And did he literally just throw the Legion characters throughout time and space or is that something else that will lead into a new series for those characters?

If Phantom Girl goes back to the future who will be the Terrifics' answer to Invisible Woman? Maybe an original character but based on She Hulk instead of Sue? A female Damage would be cool, but the team needs something more or less made for the Terrifics' series.

The DCU post-Doomsday Clock and post-Heroes in Crisis will be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Doomsday Clock #9 Cover by Gary Frank

Comment

^^^ Somebody needs to show this to Dave lol

Comment

I can already hear him swearing as he adds it to his backlog of things to read.

Comment

Whats with this slow tease? I dont want to buy all this crap for my JSA collection! Just bring them back in a big event and I'd buy it, but this slow tease tossing out breadcrumbs here and there is pissing me off.

Aaarrgghh!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X