The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 03-25-2018, 07:11 PM   #1
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Lightbulb Doomsday Clock Thread (SPOILERS!!)

So far issues #1-3 have me hooked. These delays are killing me and I'm wondering if it's because the story is somehow being changed by Editorial. It says 'spoilers' in the thread title, so read on if you dare cause I'm gonna jump right into the meat of the series.

1.) The idea that Doc Manhattan left the Watchmen Universe after the original series IS an interesting take, as well as him hiding out in the DCU. The theory that claims he's been a DC character for some time is also interesting, however I don't want that character to be Captain Atom. The character DM was based on, Capt. Atom, is basically the answer to Superman in the Charlton Comics stable of characters. And IDK about the rest of you, but the Fall and Rise of Capt. Atom series got me hoping to see more of the newest incarnation of Cap somewhere in this post-Rebirth Universe.

2.) Mime and Marionette are the best. And also based on Charlton characters like the rest of the Watchmen. Anybody remember a pair of losers who Tom King made badasses in recent issues of Batman... Punch and Jewelee? 'I Am Suicide' is one of my favorite recent Batman stories, mostly because of those two. However in Doomsday Clock Mime and Marionette are INSANE. I've been waiting for a character based on a mime to have invisible constructs to a degree.... and it FINALLY happened. LOL I can't wait for their eventual meeting with the Joker.

3.) The Supermen Theory is an interesting one... however I'm not so sure I like that DC is making the origins of Metamorpho AND Man-Bat [two of my favorite C-listers] tied to the goverment creating metahumans angle. There's tons of other characters DC could have put up for this like Lady Clayface, but they chose two who are prominent figures in both the Terrifics and the new JL Dark title.

4.) They brought the Comedian back. Now bring back the real Rorschach. If DC is never gonna give us another Question series and a few Watchmen universe characters are gonna stay in the DCU [like M&M... I'd love for those two to hang around longer] then giving us Rorschach in the DCU would be a treat. The new guy might work, but we know next to nothing about him aside from the fact he had Kovac's journal.

So who else is reading this? And why does Batman have the yellow circle as part of his symbol again but not on the Rebirth accurate suit cover?

- Ω
Old 03-28-2018, 02:11 PM   #2
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

ok, so Im apparently *really* out of touch with all things DC, so plz tell me: WTF is "Doomsday Clock" about??

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazer View Post
Yo.

ok, so Im apparently *really* out of touch with all things DC, so plz tell me: WTF is "Doomsday Clock" about??

Tazer
Watchmen characters crossover into the DCU. Hijinks ensues.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:11 AM   #4
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

It's pretty much the only thing Geoff Johns is writing these days, with art by Gary Frank. So far it's mostly been about the Watchmen characters with only brief appearances by Superman and Batman.

- Ω
Old 03-31-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

ISSUE #4 IS OUT!!! NOW THE SERIES IS BI-MONTHLY?!?

We finally get the origin of Rorschach 2.0 and it is INCREDIBLE. It also ties into Mothman who had the best moments of the issue. He's the Hollis Mason of this Watchmen series. The letters to his sister at the end were pretty saddening and reminded me of the Hollis Mason bio bit in the original Watchmen series. At first I wasn't going to bother reading it but it really capped the story and really fleshed out the character of Mothman more. As a fan of a lot of Geoff's work [Hawkman, JSA, Flash, GL, Aquaman, JL, and Teen Titans] this is probably his best work to date.

- Ω