Comics Recommendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanternut View Post
    Batman: The Cult doesn't get enough love.
    I agree. At least Morrison's giving it plenty of love.
    The Best Comic Site Ever!!!

Comment

Blair Bulter's review/recommendations from last week (Walking Dead, North Landers, Birds of Prey, Ultimate Avengers 3, Day Trippers, etc...):
      http://g4tv.com/videos/48043/Fresh-I...Dead-Iron-Man/
      Darth_Primus
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Darth_Primus; 08-20-2010, 08:08 PM.
      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I got another one.

Witchblade Volume 1 by Ron Marz. It's a 4.99 trade for 6 issues, 6 fantastic issues

Comment

I unrecommend that.

Comment

Just finish Fables vol 6 and this serie is good shit man!
            I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

I wish there was a site that you could plug in books/comics you like and it could give you recommendations based on what you input.

Comment

Originally posted by lanternut View Post
                I wish there was a site that you could plug in books/comics you like and it could give you recommendations based on what you input.
                Comicflix? That'd be kinda cool, but just for the renting part.

Comment

Hellboy: Seed of destruction. Some of the best art I have ever seen, plus Hellboy is a awesome character

Comment

Yes, those Library Editions are great buys.

Comment

Blair Bulter's reviews on various comics (Ex Machina, CBGB, Avengers, Hulk) release last week 8/18/2010.

http://g4tv.com/videos/48209/Fresh-I...CBGB-Avengers/
                      You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Invincible and Guarding the Globe.

Comment

Video clip of Blair Butler's review of various comics released on January 12, 2011.

This week Fresh Ink Online host Blair Butler reviews five new comics: Halcyon, Thor: The Mighty Avenger, Secret Six, Echoes, and The Infinite Vacation. Which one will nab the coveted Pick of the Week? Watch and find out!
                          http://g4tv.com/videos/50759/Fresh-I...-Halcyon-Thor/

Comment

I recommend Supergirl #60, as it was hands down the most enjoyable comic that I've read this week. Some strong writing by rising star Nick Spencer

Comment

Originally posted by MasonACBB View Post
                              ...I recommend: Robin II: Joker's Wild mini series.
                              Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                              Ew. I don't... And I was actually alive and collecting comics when it was published.

Me too! I remember debating with myself on wether I should collect the series. I had just read the A Death In The Family tpb and wanted more Robin/Joker confrontations! That made me want to collect the series...well that and the holographs on the covers that made them look really, really cool!

Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                              Spawn Origins Volume 1, you wanna know why Todd McFarlane is a big deal read that trade and you will know

Funny story: Many, many years ago...I was at a comicbook and sci-fi convention in Los Angeles. Guest speaker: Todd McFarlane! I was one of the biggest McFarlane fans around back then, it was during his Marvel/Image transition.

I remember checking out his panel and finding it really entertaining and informing (giving the fans info. of what it takes to publish a comic). As luck would have it, I didn't receive a ticket that entitled me to some autographs. Eh, what can you do?

So, I was walking along with the person I went with...and we're standing right next to Todd McFarlane! He's going in one direction and we're heading in another, but still there we were.
                              The person I was there with quickly approaches Todd and asks if he can take a picture with him. He tells his entourage to stop, my one-time friend tosses me his camera and I do my best Peter Parker impression. Click, goes the camera.
                              I wanted a picture too, I mean it was Todd McFreakinFarlane! But as soon as they stopped, they were on their way again. The person I was with tells me I should "just jump in front of them". Are you kidding me?!? He has about 4 bodyguards around him and you expect me to rush him?
                              Well, let's be quick then.
                              I timed it just right, I walked beside his entourage and timed my steps to theirs...then I tried to get as close as I could without anyone thinking I was trying to harm him in any way.

My friends, two pictures were taken that day.
                              One of Todd McFarlane, his entourage and an aspiring douchebag (congrats buddy, you've acheived your goal!).
                              The second of Todd McFarlane, his entourage and my arm.

True story.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                              Of course I'm going to recommend things that I enjoy.

My taste >> everyone else's taste

I've never met you bro., but I'm going to risk being humiliated and say that the way Kate Beckinsale taste has got to be infinitely greater than yours.

Wakka! Wakka!

"This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                              "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                              "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                              "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                              *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

Crap! I forgot, I recommend Batman: Venom. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I think it was published in the 90's and now collected. It's a classic tale and ties directly into one of his biggest and most dangerous enemy's origin.

It wasn't a tie-in to a company wide cross over, you'd be wise to check it out!
                                "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                                "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                                "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                                "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                                *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

Working...
                                X