Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W.West View Post
    ‘Venom’ Movie Lands Michelle Williams to Star Opposite Tom Hardy

Welp, I'm in. Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed. They haven't missed yet.

Looks like Sony and Fleischer are definitely trying to make this work. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony surrounded Fleischer with top talent like WB did with Gangster Squad and just hoping for that to win out in the box office.
    I just like that it sounds like they are approaching the material more like Logan, than Avengers, which is great. Probably not a popular opinion, but I prefer Deadpool and Logan to any other MCU movie. Fox is smart to focus on making these more adult accessible. I'm really excited to see what New Mutants holds in store. I have a lot of faith they will make this work too.
    http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

So I flipped through a copy of Marvel Knights: Metal-ish yesterday. The fold-out cover was actually very nice, and I saw a couple old faces, but overall I thought it was just a poor imitation of something that's already bizarre-as-fuck. That "1,000,000 BC" nonsense was just awful.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

I'm sick of them trying to sell Star-Brand. I think that character is lame. They don't seem to want to give up on the new Ghost Rider either even though his new series was canceled before hitting double digits. I like the car concept, but Johny Blaze was just cooler. Some intriguing hints about what is coming down the road, but overall not a comic that would get someone to "switch sides". It just reminded me of the "Point One" comic they release a year ago or so catching people up with the current affairs and laying tracks for new stories.

Comment

Watched The Gifted last night. Meh. Not bad, but not particularly great. Bryan Singer uses sparks like JJ uses Lens Flare.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK HAND View Post
            I'm sick of them trying to sell Star-Brand. I think that character is lame. They don't seem to want to give up on the new Ghost Rider either even though his new series was canceled before hitting double digits. I like the car concept, but Johny Blaze was just cooler. Some intriguing hints about what is coming down the road, but overall not a comic that would get someone to "switch sides". It just reminded me of the "Point One" comic they release a year ago or so catching people up with the current affairs and laying tracks for new stories.
            I actually thought the Point One initiative was genius strategy. It really was a jumping on point without rebooting to a #1.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
              I actually thought the Point One initiative was genius strategy. It really was a jumping on point without rebooting to a #1.
              I dug the idea as well, not sure why they never did it again. Maybe these "event" comics just always sell better, so why not sell it as an event rather than just "catching up with the universe" while setting expectations for the next year or so of stories? Anyways that's all Legacy was to me, settling on what happened before, peaking at what's to come.

Comment

Jenny Slate Joins VENOM

Comment

Gore Verbinski in Talks to Direct Channing Tatum's 'X-Men' Spinoff 'Gambit'

Comment

Marvel Pulls Northrop Grumman Comic From Website
                    Marvel Pulled The Northrop Grumman Comic And NYCC Event After Concerns Expressed

Lol.

Comment

Yo.

+ YouTube Video
                      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

It looks a lot more sci-fi than what I was expecting, but I think that's the direction they are sending the character in the comics. They teased that Wakanda would become a space empire in the future in the Marvel Legacy comic. I don't feel very compelled to go see this one, might skip it and wait for the home release. I think Thor looks fun too but feeling a bit of the super hero movie burnout.

Comment

Figure everyone's seen it by now but:

+ YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

I thought I posted that. Super excited. Looks like it'll be a dark and twisted as Legion. Should be interesting to see how a "team" is formed if it is at all.

Comment

Tyler Bates To Score ‘Deadpool 2’

Tyler Bates has been tapped to score the upcoming superhero comedy sequel Deadpool 2. The film is directed by David Leitch and stars Ryan Reynolds in the title role, Josh Brolin as Cable, as well as Morena Baccarin, Leslie Uggams, Brianna Hildebrand, Stefan Kapičić, Shioli Kutsuna, Julian Dennison, Eddie Marsan, Zazie Beetz and Jack Kesy. Rhett Reese & Paul Wernick (Zombieland) who scripted the original movie wrote the screenplay. Simon Kinberg (X-Men: Days of Future Past, The Martian), Lauren Shuler Donner (X-Men, Logan) and Reynolds return as the project’s producers. Bates has previously collaborated with Leitch on the first John Wick movie and this year’s Atomic Blonde. The original Deadpool movie directed by Tim Miller was scored by Junkie XL (aka Tom Holkenborg). Deadpool 2 will be released on June 1, 2018 by 20th Century Fox.

Bates (Guardians of the Galaxy, 300, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead) also has Marvel’s Netflix series The Punisher (set to premiere on November 17), Emilio Estevez’s drama The Public, as well as the action thriller 24 Hours to Live (to be released on November 3 on Ultra VOD and in select theaters on December 1) coming up. He also continues to score Fox’s The Exorcist and AT&T Audience Network’s Kingdom.

http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/10...re-deadpool-2/

Comment

Shoutout to Emilio Estevez!

Comment

Working...
                                X