This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern The Animated Series Discussion Thread [Spoilers]

Okay, so to keep the Animated News Thread for its intended purpose, here's the thread to discuss DC Nation's new show: GL:TAS. Give your views of the latest shows and reaction to the latest news about it.

To get the ball rolling, I liked episode 3 (the first non-pilot ep), "Razer's Edge." This introduced another GLU element, the Spider Guild and gave us RL Razer's origin story. Like others, I find it unrealistic that [spoiler] Hal and 'Wog gave him his ring back, but the ending was otherwise satisfying and that escaped convict was so cool!

I enjoyed episode 3 (what I could see of it, not hear of it). I did like seeing the Spider Guild in animation and I thought that Razer was interesting. Will be checking out future episodes.

Comment

The introduction of the yellow element is exciting; hope they get to the Sinestro Corps stuff eventually. Before, Timm and Co. said they wouldn't delve into it for the time being to avoid stealing the thunder of the movie franchise, but obviously now that's not going to be an issue.
      http://heraldiccriticism.wordpress.com/

Comment

It was great to finally have a new episode of the GLAS, it seems like forever since the pilot debut. Overall it was a very good episode, I loved the Spider Guild and how they were portrayed also like the interaction between the ship and Razer. I hope people are tuning in and checking it out because it's a quality show and i'd love to see it run for a couple of season at least.
        "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

Solid issue, really liked how the Spider Guild was animated.

Comment

Pretty nice episode... It's very Superman TAS and not Batman TAS in the sense that it's just losely based on the comics. It seems to be building its own mythos, and that's ok.

I'd still prefer regular animation though. The Spider guards look like Lego toys.

I'm not too keen on the "yellow element" thing (Was that a reference to FIRST FLIGHT or just a coincidence?) or on Razer... He's just too formulaic. Too much of a Cliché character... Too predictable and unoriginal...maybe if he'd become a GL, it would be a nice turn of events, but having him as an uneasy ally yet still wearing a red ring? I dunno, it doesnt quite do it for me.

I liked the first two eps a lot more... Let's hope next episode picks up the pace a little.

PS. What?... No poll?
            Emperor Aquaman
            Guy's Drinking Buddy
            Last edited by Emperor Aquaman; 03-19-2012, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Aquaman View Post
              PS. What?... No poll?
              I thought about that, but I didn't know whether discussion would be active enough to have a new thread with a poll for every episode.

Comment

As a nitpicking comic nerd,I can find little things I don't like. However that side of my brain is a crazy person lol. I enjoy the show a great deal and find myself counting down the minutes till it comes on again. I hope the show is as much as a sucess with kids as it is to the kid in me.

If WB releases these in season dvds as aposed to "Volumes" It will be a instabuy for me.
                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                  As a nitpicking comic nerd,I can find little things I don't like. However that side of my brain is a crazy person lol. I enjoy the show a great deal and find myself counting down the minutes till it comes on again. I hope the show is as much as a sucess with kids as it is to the kid in me.

If WB releases these in season dvds as aposed to "Volumes" It will be a instabuy for me.
                  Lucky you.... i'm having quite a hard time not flippin' out every time they totally ignore the GL lore and mythos from the books and make up their own shit... i mean, would it KILL anyone to be faithful to the source material just ONCE?

Buuut, It could be worse, and I suppose they need some creative freedom to write the show...T_T

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Aquaman View Post
                    Lucky you.... i'm having quite a hard time not flippin' out every time they totally ignore the GL lore and mythos from the books and make up their own shit... i mean, would it KILL anyone to be faithful to the source material just ONCE?
                    But faithful to which source material? Current Johns' universe (which you don't seem to be a fan of anyway)? Post-Zero Hour? Pre-Crisis? It changes so much.

Comment

The only "source material" that matters to current DC leadership is whatever Geoff Johns is writing RIGHT NOW. The GL comics haven't respected continuity since pre-2004. But remember...it's all about money, and they're doing quite well in that regard.
                      The last fan of 1990s comics
                      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Yeah and I can't imagine them actually doing an in-continuity show (i.e., where the comics and show play off each other and affect each other's events). The other choice then is to copy what's been done in the comics and that would be kind of boring.

Comment

But no show has. JL and JLU didn't and that show was phenomenal.
                          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

So far I've enjoyed this show. However, I've got to say it feels a lot more like Star Wars: The Clone Wars than a Bruce Timm produced show. Makes me wish Hal could be more centered on Earth.
                            MEH

Comment

Our Crew is in the most advanced Ship our organization has. we're far from home........WAITASECOND!!!!! I"VE SEEN THIS SHOW BEFORE!!!!!
                              Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Working...
                              X