josh brolin as batman

henry cavil as superman

jeremy irons as alfred

ron perlman as lobo

movie 2.

josh brolin as batman

henry cavil as superman

jeremy irons as alfred

david duchoney as the question ( conspiracy theory!)

cch pounder as amanda waller

movie 3.

josh brolin as batman

henry cavil as superman

jeremy irons as alfred

jason momoa as vandal savage

jimmy smitts as lex luthor
    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Here's mine:

World's Finest
    Batman - Jensen Ackles
    Superman - Henry Cavil
    Lex Luthor - (Can't think of an actor yet)

Public Enemies
    Batman - Jensen Ackles
    Superman - Henry Cavil
    President Lex Luthor - (can't think again)
    Bizzaro - I suppose Henry Cavil in make-up since he's a messed up clone of Superman
    A bunch of other other heroes and villains. Maybe this would be better as a Justice League film.

Maybe Doomsday or an adaptation of Earth-3/Justice Lords would be a great third film although to be honest, this would make a better JLA film. Actually it might be better to have Worlds Finest, JLA with the Crime Syndicate or Justice Lords which would make the public doubt the JLA then for a sequel to both Luthor would feed off the paranoia and get to presidency and abuse his power.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
      Here's mine:

World's Finest
      Batman - Jensen Ackles
      Superman - Henry Cavil
      Lex Luthor - (Can't think of an actor yet)

Public Enemies
      Batman - Jensen Ackles
      Superman - Henry Cavil
      President Lex Luthor - (can't think again)
      Bizzaro - I suppose Henry Cavil in make-up since he's a messed up clone of Superman
      A bunch of other other heroes and villains. Maybe this would be better as a Justice League film.

Maybe Doomsday or an adaptation of Earth-3/Justice Lords would be a great third film although to be honest, this would make a better JLA film. Actually it might be better to have Worlds Finest, JLA with the Crime Syndicate or Justice Lords which would make the public doubt the JLA then for a sequel to both Luthor would feed off the paranoia and get to presidency and abuse his power.
      the issue with doomsday i have is he screams more of a jla movie villain to me. still nice list though

i think jimmy smitts would be an awesome president lex luthor. the man is amazing talent and plus its never bad to cast a big name.

also i may be the only one who feels like this but as awesome as batman begins and dark knight are ( rises dosent exist in my head) i always felt how would that trilogy have gone had dark knight focus on talia al ghul gaining revenge for her father instead of the joker and in rises introduce damien wayne continuing the whole leauge of shadows story?

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        the issue with doomsday i have is he screams more of a jla movie villain to me. still nice list though

i think jimmy smitts would be an awesome president lex luthor. the man is amazing talent and plus its never bad to cast a big name.

also i may be the only one who feels like this but as awesome as batman begins and dark knight are ( rises dosent exist in my head) i always felt how would that trilogy have gone had dark knight focus on talia al ghul gaining revenge for her father instead of the joker and in rises introduce damien wayne continuing the whole leauge of shadows story?
        Indeed, to be honest I'd just have one BvS film, but in real life after DoJ, I think one more with the President Luthor storyline would be the best film in the history of existence. I've not got a clue what DoJ will be based on but I think we can safely say that it won't be President Luthor, I say after 2019's The Batman, at some point BvS 2 should be Public Enemies.

I've not seen Jimmy Smitts in anything but from the google images I've seen it could work. I know he's in Sons of Anarchy though. FYI it can be bad to cast a big name. Two words, just two words about a certain Batman film......George Clooney. Oh an Arnold Schwarzenegger. Jim Carrey, Tommy Lee Jones, Uma Thurman.

A) Rises is my favourite Batfilm, but I understand that's just me. TDK is my least favourite of the Nolan trilogy but I still like it a lot. A Talia Al Ghul sequel with Damien Wayne after would be a bit overkill, in fact I think they over did it in Rises. If anything I would have distanced the franchise from it, it worked in Begins but I thought that was good enough. Mind you I really liked Bane in Rises, the league gave him a good motive too. But TDK was a nice break from it I feel. If they were doing TDK4, what villain/s would you like? I feel Riddler is due as they should do a serious version but I personally really want Black Mask. I'd cast Reeve Carney as the Riddler as I want a handsome, posh, British and slightly cockey Riddler, a Riddler who is better looking than Batman (although with Bale it's not hard). I still feel however he'd work near perfectly with Affleck, maybe more so. He was Dorian Grey in "Penny Dreadful".
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

DC Movies: Wave 1:

Movie 1: Superman

The DC movie universe needs to get the stink of Man of Steel off as soon as possible. The Marvel movies are successful because they give their audience excitement, larger than life situations and tremendously charismatic main characters. Which is traditionally DC's trademark. So my first step would be to make a Superman movie that gets back to basics. No forced scenario that gives Superman no other option but to kill. No Pa Kent that gives him morally questionable advice throughout the movie. No darkness in Superman's costume. This movie would be believable and realistic in the same way that Iron Man, Thor or Avengers were believable and realistic. Not at the expense of the enthusiasm that these heroes have instilled in their audience for over 75 years.

Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman - Paul Rudd. With a great personal trainer. He has the charisma, he can do the winking, and with more muscles, he can pull off the authority. And in the Shape of Things, he proved that he could do the bumbling, glasses-wearing nerd that Clark pretends to be.
          If your problem is the age, I understand that (especially given the age of his fellow Justice Leaguers in future movies), but I have to argue that he must be having a portrait of himself locked in his attic, because the man looks at least a decade younger than he is, if not more.
          If your problem is that he's signed on as Ant-Man, that movie is cursed anyway.

Lois Lane - Jordana Brewster. She is smart and sexy, which is the exact balance that Lois needs. Ever since Faculty, I've been wondering why she isn't a bigger star. She certainly deserves to be.

Lex Luthor - Daniel Day Lewis. Yeah, this is the hardest part to cast. While I appreciate Snyder trying to do something different with Lex in Dawn of Justice, it is most definitely not a direction I would take. My Lex would be classic businessman Lex. No power armor. No real estate schemes. No secret urge to join the Justice League. Just a cruel capitalist who'd go over any dead body necessary to get to his goals. Think Gangs of New York. Think There Will Be Blood. And then imagine him bald. Bingo.

Metallo - Karl Urban. Not created by Luthor (he wouldn't get his hands dirty), but manipulated by him through third parties (Mercy Graves perhaps?) into fighting Superman. Because Superman needs a physical challenge in which he can prove that he can beat the villain and save innocent bystanders. No collateral damage here, guys. But I don't want to blow my load to soon and waste Darkseid, Doomsday or Henshaw in the first movie. Anyway, Metallo needs to be an intimidating guy, even without the artificial skin coming off. And Urban sure can do that. And even if most of his face is hidden under a mask (like in Dredd), he is still one tough bastard.

Movie 2: Wonder Woman

When Ares, the God of War, had enslaved all other Greek Gods and conquered Mount Olympus and the World, the Amazons had only one chance to escape his wrath. They had to swear off all forms of war. All offensive weapons. All types of warfare. They fled to an island hidden behind Pallas Athene's last great spell. As long as war stayed away from that island and its inhabitants, it would forever be off-limits to Ares and his forces. And even to death. The Amazons became a peaceful tribe of immortal women. For centuries. Millennia, even. Until a soldier of a foreign war crashed close to the shore of Paradise Island. Steve Trevor, a pilot on his way to the middle east, had a sabotaged plane and couldn't get it to land in time. Although Hippolyta, matriarch of the Amazons, ordered all Amazon sisters to let him die in order to keep the spell intact, her daughter Diana disobeyed and saved his life. Which brought the island to Ares' attention. Now she, aided by Trevor and banned from her island, has to run against time and free the Ancient Gods in order to stop Ares from destroying everything she stands for.

Wonder Woman - Jessica Chastain. As a vegan, she would really need to delve into those peanut butter jars, since non-warrior or not, she'd need to beef up quite a bit. And of course, she'd have to dye her beautiful red hair black, but that's the easiest thing in the world. I chose her because she's one of the actresses with the most critical acclaim in the necessary age range, she's stunningly pretty, and she can do both physical and emotional roles.

Hippolyta - Lucy Lawless. Don't think Xena. Think Lucretia. Lynda Carter is too nice for this version of Hyppolyta. Diana really needs to butt heads with her. Her conflict with her mother is the secondary conflict of this movie. This isn't just a girl vs Ancient Gods story, it's a coming of age story as well, for an immortal magic princess.

Steve Trevor - Ewan McGregor. He's the guy that men want to be and women want to be with. Great sense of humor, dashing looks, and box office gold. Studios are still afraid of hanging a huge summer tentpole blockbuster budget on a female star. With McGregor attached, they would sure breathe easier.

Ares - Clive Owen. Watching this guy maim, destroy and kill is always a delight. Be it in King Arthur, Sin City, Shoot Em Up or whatever, it's always great. So let's make him the actual Greek god of maiming, destroying, killing and war.

Pallas Athene - Lynda Carter. The goddess of wisdom and courage, and Wonder Woman's mentor throughout the movie. Who else but Lynda Carter should play her? Just think of the scene where she gives Wonder Woman the magic lasso...

Movie 3: World's Finest.

Yeah, no Batman versus Superman, thankyouverymuch. This would establish them as friends early on. Since the first movie focused on the new, brighter and shinier Metropolis, movie 2 has Superman following up on rumors about a half-human, half-bat creature of the night that attacks criminals. After figuring out that this creature is just a powerless vigilante in a suit of armor (who does not kill his enemies!), Superman grows to respect that guy. He suggests that they join forces, which doesn't mesh with Batman's loner style. But after a lot of bickering, the two learn to work as a team, just in time to defeat the uneasy alliance of Joker and Toyman (with Luthor only revealed in act three as the guy pulling the strings behind the scenes the whole time, testing the waters if various psycho villains can be coerced into working together to kill the Superman).

Superman - Paul Rudd. Duh.

Lois Lane - Jordana Brewster. Again.

Batman - Ryan Gosling. He can do smart. He can do arrogant. He can do broken and depressed. He can do brooding. He can do fighting. And the ladies love him.

Joker - Sam Rockwell. It's all about the enthusiasm. This guy can't even go to a talk show without dancing on his way to his chair. He's played psychopaths, comedians, villains and living, breathing cartoons. Rolling it all into one should be easy. And he has style. A suit suits him. Even if it's purple.

Toyman - Michael Emerson. You can't have two overactors trying to outdo each other chewing the scenery. While Joker is the unpredictable guy who can go from calm and collected to pants-shittingly insane in a heartbeat, it's never a good idea to have two of the sort in a room together. So Toyman has to be the Yin to Joker's Yang, the silent, creepy sociopath with a lack of emotion. And nobody does that better than Michael Emerson (Lost, Dark Knight Returns, Saw, Person of Interest). And when he finally smiles, it will creep even the Joker out.

Movie 4: Aquaman.

Yes, I can hear everybody laughing. The guy who talks to fish. Ha. Well, wait until you see this movie. We start with the Trench from Geoff's run. Orin is the prince of Atlantis, but he's a leader who leads from the front lines. So he fights back a full scale invasion of the Trench, in this universe mutated by surface dwellers and the radioactive garbage they pump into the oceans. Once again, Orin declares War to all surface dwellers. Back in Atlantis, his mother is dying, killed by an unknown poison. Her last words lead Orin to seek his father: A surface dweller. Orin finds the hidden passage she used to discover the surface world and follows her, still intent on bringing war to the lands. But he finds that the people here are just like the people down there. They talk differently, they breathe differently, they wear different clothes, but they follow the same self-preservation rules as Atlanteans. Orin decides that we're not that different. But of course, in the meantime, his brother Orm (who had poisoned his own mother) has declared himself king of Atlantis, since Orin as a halfbreed does not qualify. Can Aquaman reclaim the throne? Does he even want to? Of course he does. Long live the king!

Orin/Aquaman - Alexander Skarsgård
          His mother - Tilda Swinton
          Orm/Ocean Master - Jake Gyllenhaal

Movie 5: The Justice League of America.

When a spaceship lands in front of the White House and the Hyperclan comes out, it seems like the perfect superhero team. They reverse polar warming, defeat and kill villains (like Toyman, Metallo and Ocean Master), turn the Sahara into a huge farm, and build their headquarters all over the planet. But they have a sinister agenda. Superman and Batman are the first two to suspect foul play, and Wonder Woman's lasso of truth quickly reveals an alien conspiracy to wipe out all of humanity. Once the Hyperclan starts messing with the oceans, Aquaman enters the game, and the two rookie heroes Green Lantern and Flash round out the ensemble. And then there is the enigmatic Martian. What role does he play? What side is he on?

Superman: Paul Rudd
          Batman: Ryan Gosling
          Wonder Woman: Jessica Chastain
          Green Lantern (Kyle): Zac Efron
          Flash (Wally): Emile Hirsch
          Aquaman: Alexander Skarsgård
          Martian Manhunter: Idris Elba.

Wave 2 will have solo movies for Green Lantern and Flash, plus sequels for Aquaman (versus Black Manta) and Wonder Woman (versus Circe).
          And then JLA 2 will be based on Rock of Ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
            DC Movies: Wave 1:

Lois Lane - Jordana Brewster. She is smart and sexy, which is the exact balance that Lois needs. Ever since Faculty, I've been wondering why she isn't a bigger star. She certainly deserves to be.

son of a bitch that is brilliant!

my wonder woman cast would be maggie siff from mad men plus sons of anarchy

shes one hell of an actress and is possibly getting a emmy.

Comment

Actually I like redoing the DCMU again idea. Okay, here's mine:

Last Son of Krypton:
              I wouldn't go the dark route to be honest, probably the only film I wouldn't do so. I would go all bright colours and Reeves either though, my main angle would be sci-fi. My plot would be Superman in his rookie days, I feel MOS having done an origin is good enough plus it's been covered over and over in Superman 78, Smallville and so on. Maybe in the opening credits show the rocket and Superman holding his suit up for the first time or something but that should be it. MOS has done Zod so I certainly won't be using him, I'll be traditional and use Luthor but I also fancy using Braniac. So Superman has gotten the attention of a certain Lex Luthor, via doing what he does. Luthor is sceptical of the man of steel, fearing him as a threat to mankind he wants to try and find some of his weaknesses in case he becomes out of control. Then yada yada, Braniac locates Superman from space, seeing the battles between Braniac and Superman Luthor realises Superman is a threat but realises that if Superman was gone Braniac would leave Earth and everybody would be safe and so on. Luthor publically speaks out against the Man of Steel, showing he is not afraid of him. Impressed with this Braniac located Luthor and proposes a partnership and Braniac promises to leave Earth forever once he has Superman so Luthor agrees. Brainiac builds Luthor a battle suit to help fight Superman (like he has in the comics). Yeah, they all fight, Luthor realises that Braniac is bad, Superman and Luthor team up against Brainiac and after a lengthy battle Brainiac is defeated. Then Luthor also decides Superman is a threat and engages in fighting him. Luthor looses yada yada yada.

I've taken a lot of inspiration from Lex Luthor Man of Steel as I really like that angle, but as the films progress Luthor becomes the greedy villain we know and love him as! I thought this would be a fresh and unique angle to use him in! As for the Superman Suit, I'd go for something similar to the concept for Superman: Flyby but with slightly more muted colours and a less armoured look, why would Superman need armour? I'd probably give him a spandex suit similar to the previous two films, spider-man and so on (you know what I mean right guys?) but with the stitching in a similar vein to Flyby. Not sure if I'd do it un-symmetrically like the design has it though, it could work I suppose.

More to come later guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                Actually I like redoing the DCMU again idea. Okay, here's mine:

Last Son of Krypton:
                I wouldn't go the dark route to be honest, probably the only film I wouldn't do so. I would go all bright colours and Reeves either though, my main angle would be sci-fi. My plot would be Superman in his rookie days, I feel MOS having done an origin is good enough plus it's been covered over and over in Superman 78, Smallville and so on. Maybe in the opening credits show the rocket and Superman holding his suit up for the first time or something but that should be it. MOS has done Zod so I certainly won't be using him, I'll be traditional and use Luthor but I also fancy using Braniac. So Superman has gotten the attention of a certain Lex Luthor, via doing what he does. Luthor is sceptical of the man of steel, fearing him as a threat to mankind he wants to try and find some of his weaknesses in case he becomes out of control. Then yada yada, Braniac locates Superman from space, seeing the battles between Braniac and Superman Luthor realises Superman is a threat but realises that if Superman was gone Braniac would leave Earth and everybody would be safe and so on. Luthor publically speaks out against the Man of Steel, showing he is not afraid of him. Impressed with this Braniac located Luthor and proposes a partnership and Braniac promises to leave Earth forever once he has Superman so Luthor agrees. Brainiac builds Luthor a battle suit to help fight Superman (like he has in the comics). Yeah, they all fight, Luthor realises that Braniac is bad, Superman and Luthor team up against Brainiac and after a lengthy battle Brainiac is defeated. Then Luthor also decides Superman is a threat and engages in fighting him. Luthor looses yada yada yada.

I've taken a lot of inspiration from Lex Luthor Man of Steel as I really like that angle, but as the films progress Luthor becomes the greedy villain we know and love him as! I thought this would be a fresh and unique angle to use him in! As for the Superman Suit, I'd go for something similar to the concept for Superman: Flyby but with slightly more muted colours and a less armoured look, why would Superman need armour? I'd probably give him a spandex suit similar to the previous two films, spider-man and so on (you know what I mean right guys?) but with the stitching in a similar vein to Flyby. Not sure if I'd do it un-symmetrically like the design has it though, it could work I suppose.

More to come later guys.

i prefer the godfall costume

now for batman i love the suit snyder has but i hate that fucking bat symbol

i prefer something more like this for batman

also wonder woman

TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 07-23-2014, 03:37 AM.

Comment

The Godfall suit is awesome but it doesn't really embody Superman, maybe have it as a variant later on in the franchise but no the main suit. Even I don't want a black suit as the main one. IMO I think the godfall suit might work as an armour instead, it will be a cool variant.

I love the new Afleck suit, it's by far the best and I can't quite see them topping it. To be honest I really love the logo too, it works well as it's late on in his career too. Your suggestion is cool also but would work better as an early suit.

That's just about where I want Wonder Woman.

Comment

Working...
                  X