No announcement yet.

What if GL Appeared in Supergirl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The forums got a hundred hits in just over a day from this, why would you change the thread title?!? Every site I visit does this kinda thing on the regular!

A year from now when GL is announced to appear on an episode of Supergirl I expect the thread title to change back LOL.

~//V\\~

Comment

You click baitin' bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
        I'm more a fan of the cowboy styled one than the guys trying to be the Punisher. I know there've been a few now, but the original cowboy themed one and Adrian Chase are the only one's I'm really familiar with.

~//V\\~
        So, those are two different iterations of the same character? I wasn't clear on that. I know JLU picked up on the cowboy one.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
        When is that Wolfman trade coming out? I want that.
        April 19.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

April 19.
          Cool, thanks. I put that in my phone as a reminder. I have the issues, but I enjoy the trades for quick rereading.

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
            It was cool the first one or two times they pulled a switch on us in these types of shows, but it's become too damn redundant. However, I AM super pumped to see who V really is now. Is there anybody else it could be? Greg Saunders?
            It's become cliche at this point (Robin in "Dark Knight Rises," Butch in "Gotham," really being SG, etc...), but I get it. Comic fandom knows everyone by their real names so it becomes almost impossible to surprise anyone when we all know what's supposed to happen to a character the second they appear and that takes away a lot of the drama. I was also disappointed in the Vigilante reveal, but I am glad that they're making him an important character, rather than a throw-away or a scrub.

As for it being Greg Saunders, they've said it's going to be a character we've seen before. (which doesn't mean that they won't pull the same trick and reveal that his "real name" is Greg Saunders, but I doubt they'd pull that trick again with Vigilante) Maybe they'll pull a Winter Soldier and reveal it's actually a brain-washed Roy...

As for Hal or any GL on "Supergirl," I wouldn't mind an appearance when she's in space and we are introduced to their existence in an impressive way, but don't really have to have a full-on team-up, because I'd be afraid their tv budget would make GL look bad.
            Kane2814
            Weaponer of Qward
            Last edited by Kane2814; 09-19-2017, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
              It's become cliche at this point (Robin in "Dark Knight Rises," Butch in "Gotham," really being SG, etc...), but I get it. Comic fandom knows everyone by their real names so it becomes almost impossible to surprise anyone when we all know what's supposed to happen to a character the second they appear and that takes away a lot of the drama. I was also disappointed in the Vigilante reveal, but I am glad that they're making him an important character, rather than a throw-away or a scrub.

As for it being Greg Saunders, they've said it's going to be a character we've seen before. (which doesn't mean that they won't pull the same trick and reveal that his "real name" is Greg Saunders, but I doubt they'd pull that trick again with Vigilante) Maybe they'll pull a Winter Soldier and reveal it's actually a brain-washed Roy...

As for Hal or any GL on "Supergirl," I wouldn't mind an appearance when she's in space and we are introduced to their existence in an impressive way, but don't really have to have a full-on team-up, because I'd be afraid their tv budget would make GL look bad.
              You really shouldn't worry. This season's episode "Far From the Tree" was beyond anything I thought that we would see on TV in my lifetime in terms of CGI. It had multiple shape-shifting aliens, various types of alien artifacts, a transforming car-ship, multiple types of energy projection, and several otherworldly backdrops. A couple of episodes with GL wouldn't be difficult compared to that.

I'm still hoping for an adaptation of Red Daughter of Krypton. Even if it's something as simple as Atrocitus showing up and pretending to be Kara's friend so he can trick her into putting on a red ring, it would be a fitting way for a GL to enter the show and give her enough knowledge of a red lantern ring so that she could remove it.
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Nah. He's not going to show up in Supergirl's universe. We've now established aliens in Flash's world, they've teased that "one of our Ferris test pilots is missing", and the jacket showed up in a Coast City bar in an Arrow flashback. They'll figure it out.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

It'll be an episode of "Arrow" where Hal needs Ollie's help because his ring ran out of juice and he doesn't get to recharge until the very end of the ep. Now that's how you bring in GL and keep it under budget ...

Comment

Working...
                  X