No announcement yet.

Oh joy! Another Earth Lantern!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Twins getting their own comic? Where's THAT article?

EDIT: Scratch that, I see I didn't read enough into this LOL

EDIT 2: I could've sworn it was mentioned the Milestone characters would be featured in some new material soon and we've yet to get it as far as I know. However DC is quick to promote anything Bendis is involved in, to the point of creating a new in-house imprint for the stable of younger characters, new characters, etc. Why can't they give us a good Static series and promote it a bit better than the last go-round rather than give us stuff nobody's asking for like another Dial H series?! And how is it this stuff gets pushed while properties and concepts that are much more popular sit on the shelf collecting dust?

To get back on the topic of the Teen Lantern.... how does a kid hack a power battery? It's not a phone, or a computer, doesn't have a control panel, and generally just has the one function (powering a ring). It's more like a kid hacking into.... a phone or computer charger. Which is also not possible because they don't have anything other than a single function with no real controls to be hacked.

Looks like DC is gonna let Bendis be Bendis and do whatever the hell he wants despite most of it making no damn sense. His Action Comics isn't doing what they thought it would, why do they think anything else will be a bigger success for him?

Ωmega Man
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Ωmega Man; 10-06-2018, 07:04 PM.

Comment

^It's true. GLC shouldn't be "hackable" in any human terms. I can see the current excuse for Cyborg Superman doing it, but that's because of his powers.

Comment

The teen hacker lantern character is apparently an idea Patrick Gleason has had for a while so when Bendis was thinking of adding a lantern to the book Gleason told him about it.

Originally posted by Ωmega Man View Post
        EDIT 2: I could've sworn it was mentioned the Milestone characters would be featured in some new material soon and we've yet to get it as far as I know. However DC is quick to promote anything Bendis is involved in, to the point of creating a new in-house imprint for the stable of younger characters, new characters, etc. Why can't they give us a good Static series and promote it a bit better than the last go-round rather than give us stuff nobody's asking for like another Dial H series?! And how is it this stuff gets pushed while properties and concepts that are much more popular sit on the shelf collecting dust?
        Was at the Bendis spotlight panel today, a fan asked him about Static being included in Young Justice, he said one of the first calls he made was to the Milestone guys, Reginald Hudlin specifically, about the possibility of including Static but given where those guys are with the Milestone relaunch they weren't comfortable with him appearing in other books.

Comment

They just need to jump into the 26th Century with the Justice League story about Earth making its' own Green Lanterns with a Central Power Battery. All new GLs come from Earth. Problem solved.

Comment

A teen Bolivian hacker, huh? Sounds like a very "important" Green Lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
              They just need to jump into the 26th Century with the Justice League story about Earth making its' own Green Lanterns with a Central Power Battery. All new GLs come from Earth. Problem solved.
              I LOVED that concept in the last JL series! Think I made a thread for it down the page. The 'Power Plagues', Earth being cut off from the rest of the universe, etc. the whole set-up just worked for me. I always wondered who the last Earth Lantern was who chose to stay with the people of Earth rather than continue with the GLC proper.

And did you catch the "first of it's kind" line when Baz and Cruz were being told about the CPB? That had me thinking another planet had its own Corps as well, maybe even a different color...

Comment

Comment

The second half of the new YJ just irritates the hell out of me. Wonder Girl is good but the other three are eyesores. Aside from a teen being able to hack into the GL equivalent of a phone charger [and it looks like shes wearing a ring to me...] Jinny Hex being here makes no sense. The concept is interesting but... not for Young Justice. It's a teenage girl with what... good aim and her grand pappy's rifle? On a team with Superboy and Wondergirl and an apprentice of Batman? And IDK what it is about Amethyst but I've never really cared for the concept.

Comment

Amethyst and Gemworld was a short-lived alternative world comic (not Earth, but several magical portals to Earth). Amethyst had the gem-color scheme that is obviously going to conflict with the Color Lantern Corps, but they might handwave that.

But yes, this looks like the "bottom of the barrel" Young Justice. Plus...the "other evil Superboy", the half-human, metahuman-hating, metahuman-and-hero-killing, Jon Kent? I thought that plot-line was safely killed off two years ago in the future-jumping Impulse & Teen Titans thread.

Comment

That looks dreadful. Even as a kid I would have rolled my eyes at that garbage. They are trying too hard to attract young girls as readers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                        That looks dreadful. Even as a kid I would have rolled my eyes at that garbage. They are trying too hard to attract young girls as readers.
                        Like all the chirpy chicks with nasal voices like Erin Andrews who get hired as football announcers now. As in, "We're so smart, we're gonna pull in a whole new and incongruous demographic that's never cared about our product!"

When has that ever worked?
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 11-21-2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Lol, I can't take young girl commentators in comics or sports seriously. Any comic podcast I try if there is a girl there young enough to be my daughter I tune right out. I just can't. Not if I've been a fan of said product longer than they have been alive. That goes for males too, but with women you have to deal with the screeching voice added to it.

Comment

In this week's issue (#6) of Young Justice, Teen Lantern's origin was finally given (in the space of a page). It's pretty much what the solicits said, though. She didn't actually hack a battery or ring. It's supposed to be that she essentially "hacked" the actual energy and managed to make a conduit for it (like pirating a radio frequency).

Comment

Working...
                            X