• Is This Kilowog?

Is This Kilowog?

First Look: Kilowog?

Green Lantern: The Movie Report

Possible Spoilers Inside:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/articles/glm_report/
    - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

nice find ,looks cool but i wanna see how they interpret Tomar-re.

Comment

Its official concept art.

Comment

That article is weak because it does NOT mention where those images of Kilowog came from, or who created them. Could be legitimate design art from the current production. Could be legitimate design art from a previous attempt at making a Green Lantern movie. Or it could just be fan art. Without any citation of the source, there's no way to know.

But one thing I do know for certain: The OTHER "production art" shown on that page is old, pre-dating the actual movie production that is moving forward, and it's from an artist that, although he was involved in a PITCH for the movie, he is NOT, I repeat, NOT the artist that was hired as the film's ACTUAL Production Designer. So his stuff does NOT represent what the movie will actually look like, and thank The Maker for that, because his character designs were HORRIBLE, especially his design for Hal Jordan's GL uniform! It's all just bad fanwank, in my opinion!
        Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Its official concept art.
        PROVE IT. What is the source of said art? WHO is the artist responsible for it? PROVIDE A LINK THAT BACKS UP YOUR CLAIM. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

As I first reported HERE (and backed up with a link to a legitimate, reputable news source) the old concept art shown on that page was done by a guy named Brian Murray, who DID NOT get the job as the film's Production Designer. That job has gone to AARON SIMS, who also served in that capacity for Marvel's The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier and starring Edward Norton and Liv Tyler. So unless that Kilowog concept art is by Aaron Sims, it is NOT official concept art for the production.
        Jack T. Chance
        Really knows where his towel is!
        Last edited by Jack T. Chance; 01-26-2010, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I love how he looks...bring on more concept art.

Green since 1974!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post
            That article is weak because it does NOT mention where those images of Kilowog came from, or who created them. Could be legitimate design art from the current production. Could be legitimate design art from a previous attempt at making a Green Lantern movie. Or it could just be fan art. Without any citation of the source, there's no way to know.

But one thing I do know for certain: The OTHER "production art" shown on that page is old, pre-dating the actual movie production that is moving forward, and it's from an artist that, although he was involved in a PITCH for the movie, he is NOT, I repeat, NOT the artist that was hired as the film's ACTUAL Production Designer. So his stuff does NOT represent what the movie will actually look like, and thank The Maker for that, because his character designs were HORRIBLE, especially his design for Hal Jordan's GL uniform! It's all just bad fanwank, in my opinion! PROVE IT. What is the source of said art? WHO is the artist responsible for it? PROVIDE A LINK THAT BACKS UP YOUR CLAIM. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

As I first reported HERE (and backed up with a link to a legitimate, reputable news source) the old concept art shown on that page was done by a guy named Brian Murray, who DID NOT get the job as the film's Production Designer. That job has gone to AARON SIMS, who also served in that capacity for Marvel's The Incredible Hulk, directed by Louis Leterrier and starring Edward Norton and Liv Tyler. So unless that Kilowog concept art is by Aaron Sims, it is NOT official concept art for the production.
            Source is confidential....maybe.

Is that Kilowog?

- Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

Of course it's all speculation at this point, but real or not I really like the concept.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Jack T. Chance View Post

But one thing I do know for certain: The OTHER "production art" shown on that page is old, pre-dating the actual movie production that is moving forward, and it's from an artist that, although he was involved in a PITCH for the movie, he is NOT, I repeat, NOT the artist that was hired as the film's ACTUAL Production Designer. So his stuff does NOT represent what the movie will actually look like, and thank The Maker for that, because his character designs were HORRIBLE, especially his design for Hal Jordan's GL uniform! It's all just bad fanwank, in my opinion! PROVE IT. What is the source of said art? WHO is the artist responsible for it? PROVIDE A LINK THAT BACKS UP YOUR CLAIM. Otherwise, you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

1. Calm down.

2. Production Designer and Concept Artist are two different things.

3. From what I know, the Kilowog design in that article is one of many pre-production designs. And while I can't fully guarantee that those designs are the final basis for the film, I can say that these were produced much after those early designs and a lot closer to preproduction.

4. Here. Enjoy this until someone leaks the rest.

Comment

WOW!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    1. Calm down.

2. Production Designer and Concept Artist are two different things.

3. From what I know, the Kilowog design in that article is one of many pre-production designs. And while I can't fully guarantee that those designs are the final basis for the film, I can say that these were produced much after those early designs and a lot closer to preproduction.

4. Here. Enjoy this until someone leaks the rest.

Goodness gracious...those are damn near perfect.

Green since 1974!

Comment

Awesome West!

I added them to the article.

Hope you don't mind seeing how this is a public forum.

- Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

Those really look great. Is that Abin Sur or a different take on Sinestro, sans mustache and hair? The coloring is a bit pink for Abin.

Comment

They look good so far i cant wait to see actual stills or trailer for this movie.

Comment

he needs a little work but has of now that is a kick a$$ looking 'wog

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by stingerman View Post
                              Source is confidential....maybe.

Is that Kilowog?

Sorry, that's just a lame excuse. If it's legitimate, REVEAL THE SOURCE. This kind of info is too easy to fake. So reveal what you know. Otherwise, again, smoke out the ass, nothing more.

I'm assuming you're the writer for that blog. Linking to this thread as a source of verification, because West said they were official concept art? Sorry, but that does NOT count as verification of anything. Right now, until a legitimate source is named, this thread is only SPECULATION, nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                              X