The Clothes and Fashion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Clothes and Fashion Thread

So, what does everyone wear? What clothes do you like? What clothes do you hate?

I myself like wearing bootcut jeans. Basically modern flares or "bell bottoms", but don't stick out like a saw thumb in public. I mainly like wearing them in pale blue although yesterday I brought a pair of "darkwash" bootcut jeans which are basically dark grey (although they look blackish at a distance). For footwear I just wear trainers, I would one day like to wear a pair of long boots, maybe lacless ones, but them I wouldn't be able to show off my bootcut jeans. Coats, I have a classic style leather jacket inherited from my parents from the 90s so it has some nice wear to it and doesn't look so new and shiny you suspect it's plastic. I also have a long military rain coat, although with my bad posture and skinny body, I look like a refugee in it, so I'll leave it in the wardrobe for now until I grow into it more. I also have an Italian short military jacket which I fit into better, more of a summer thing though. T-Shirts- lately in the clothes shops I have been mortified. Some awful designs. Hate those T shirts which have patterns that appear on your grandparents jumpers. And I also hate those photographic T shirts, especially the ones which are of like palm trees and such saying "LA" or "New York". Lately I've been lost on T Shirts. I might just start wearing plain Y Neck T shirts if I can't find anything soon as I'm growing out of my other stuff.

I'd like to start wearing some Steampunk cloths, but they're expensive and I'd probably be stared at in the streets. What I would love but I don't think has ever been made is a double breasted Victorian style waist coat with a collar, but in blue denim. That'd rock, would go well with my bootcut jeans, plus it would give me an excuse to get a pocket watch and chain. Maybe I'll just buy a regular steampunk or Goth waistcoat. Speaking of goth, wouldn't mind some formal goth wear like black poet shirts and civil war coats but in black and possibly patterns. But that might be going to far.

As for hair, I like to keep it nice and short for now. Lately I've been basing it on Dean Winchester's, but shorter, although It's sort of developed into it's own thing and I'm wearing a bit more spikey again lately (but in that messy spikey way like David tenant wore on Doctor Who). I don't really like long hair without facial hair. Maybe one day when I can grow facial hair I'll go shoulder length, but for now I'm keeping it long. Maybe one day I'll also go for a quiff. Who knows.

Now one thing I hate with a burning passion is skinny jeans on men. They just look camp, plus those spray on/skin tight ones especially look awful. And those ones which reveal bare ankles are just plain ludicrous. I mean, there's going too far then there's going so far you just look like a bleeding twat. I also hate those knitted jumpers with old people patterns or to put it another way, old people jumpers young people wear. Also not a big fan of this "top button swag" although I am beginning to take to wearing my top button done up on my school polo shirt as everyone says I look better, and actually without it done up I looks a bit like a scruffy tramp, so I'm warming to "top button swag".

So, how about you guys?
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

If I'm going to work, church, or anything remotely formal (sometimes even just when I have a lot to do) I wear slacks, a dress shirt, tie, and vest [aka waist coat]. I always wear a hat out (sometimes full-brim, often driving caps). However, since I lost my last job, I do often wear jeans and long-sleeve shirts out (especially for quick trips). I never show my legs (i.e., no shorts) and prefer not to show my arms in public, so if I wear t-shirts it's over a long shirt or with a jacket (I have a jeans jacket and a 50s style jacket besides my formal stuff).

Comment

Yeah, I hate showing off my legs. Not that I have bad legs, I just think you look like a schoolboy in shorts and a wanker or Fred Durst in those horrific three quarter length trousers. Plus I think I'd look weird in shorts as I have quite hairy legs.

I only have short sleeve T shirts myself simply because I can't find anything I like n long sleeve. Unfortunately though I have very skinny arms, so I like to try and wear a coat as often as possible.
      If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Teeshirt and shorts at home, modest golf shirts and long slacks everywhere else, dresses when I have to (!). I'm no fun any more.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

Here's how I looked today (can't show you full body because I took it myself, but I'm wearing khaki slacks):

Comment

I'm another guy that hates wearing shorts. Even in hot weather I hate wearing shorts.

I'm usually in a solid colored t-shirt or maybe something with a graphic like The Flash or Tosh.0. If I'm not wearing that I'm probably trying to feel good about myself by wearing Ralph Lauren Polo shirts/hoodies or BBC shirts.

Shoes. I suck at keeping my shoes clean so I have very few. Ralph Lauren Polo shoes. Nike Air Force Ones. Nike SB Dunks. And the occasional pair of Jordans.

Comment

i wear shorts, t shirt and flip flops. I inly wear pants when i have to go to work or its fucking cold out.

Comment

Cool topic, Deadpool.

For work, I dress in formal attire; I always wear a long-sleeved button down shirt and slacks or khakis with dress shoes. I work in a law office and sometimes have to meet with clients to sign documents, so I always looks professional, although the color of shirts I wear are a bit on the liberal side. Most of the attorneys wear shirts that are white, light blue or a combination of the two, while I have practically every colored dress shirt you could find in the old Crayola box. I'm known for wearing bright shirts.

At home, I usually wear sports jerseys (SF Giants, SF 49ers [that was a bullsh!t call on Brees] or LA Lakers), comic book jerseys or comic book-related attire with baggy jeans and Air Jordans. Screw skinny jeans! I need air to breathe down there. I don't wear polos and seldom wear t-shirts. When I do, they are comic-related.

Comment

I usually wear a solid shirt and dark blue jeans, when I'm running around doing errands. Whenever it's just doing nothing I'm a shorts guy 100%.

Can people stop wearing Fedoras though?

Comment

On days that I work, I wear black slacks, black sneakers, and a black (or other very dark colored) T-shirt. I run a printing press, and I got tired of ruining clothes when they got ink on them.

The rest of the time, well, I wear the same shoes, since I've only really got the one pair (probably have a pair of dressier shoes in the closet somewhere, actually, not sure), and, well, usually I wear the black pants, too, since that's mostly what I own now. But I can feel free to wear more colorful T-shirts when I'm not at work, and I toss on a sweater or sweatshirt if it's cold. When it is hot, I still wear the same thing to work, due to the AC, but on non-work days, I usually switch to shorts and sandals.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                      Can people stop wearing Fedoras though?
                      What's wrong with Fedoras? For outdoor wear, anyway. Not that I wear one, but I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                        Cool topic, Deadpool.
                        How often do you find yourself saying THAT?

Though I agree, in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          LOL! Not too often, but every dog has its day.

Comment

What's wrong with Fedoras? For outdoor wear, anyway. Not that I wear one, but I don't see the problem.
                            Nothing is wrong with a Fedora by itself, but most people I see wearing them it just simply doesn't match what they are wearing.

Plus it's the become the official hat of hipsters and I really don't like hipsters.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              Here's how I looked today (can't show you full body because I took it myself, but I'm wearing khaki slacks):

I can see the slight vintage or even steampunk vibe in your outfit.
                              Cool topic, Deadpool.

Though I agree, in this case.

LOL! Not too often, but every dog has its day.

Comment

Working...
                              X