No announcement yet.

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not like we have to take the story as canon. These specials have included clearly alternate takes. Even if it is, the rule of thumb for future stories in the DCU is that they're possible timelines.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhpace1 View Post
      Arrghh! Bring back the future of the Vuldarian Guy!
      They might as well let him get his Vuldarian powers back and let him be Warrior again since they clearly don't want to use him as a GL anymore. And I'd definitely prefer him being Warrior than playing another round of musical power rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
        They might as well let him get his Vuldarian powers back and let him be Warrior again since they clearly don't want to use him as a GL anymore. And I'd definitely prefer him being Warrior than playing another round of musical power rings.
        Amen

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
          Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          Amen
          I could get on board with that.

As for GL80, my three favorite stories, in no particular order, are "Legacy", "Time Alone", and "Four."
          Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• I wasn't a fan of "Four" - there's no reason to reinforce the "Four Corpsmen" other than it was Venditti's thing. Also, a future story like that has no reason to exclude Jessica and Simon - again, other than that Venditti wrote about those four in his title. It's like he just wanted to make sure to include his stuff in the anniversary special. (not that I was so crazy about O'Neil's segment mostly being a book recommendation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
              ... (not that I was so crazy about O'Neil's segment mostly being a book recommendation)
              It's a good book and I'm not even a transcendentalist. I don't mind that kind of thing for an 8-pager in a special. Plus, assuming it was an important work for O'Neil, then good for him in sharing it in his final work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                I wasn't a fan of "Four" - there's no reason to reinforce the "Four Corpsmen" other than it was Venditti's thing. Also, a future story like that has no reason to exclude Jessica and Simon - again, other than that Venditti wrote about those four in his title. It's like he just wanted to make sure to include his stuff in the anniversary special. (not that I was so crazy about O'Neil's segment mostly being a book recommendation)
                Baz and Cruz got solo stories while Guy got none. Let them be absent for a story.

Comment

• I bought the Guy cover and read “Four” before putting the book aside. I’ve yet to return to it.

Comment

Working...
                  X