The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #26
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Tazz why do you want to see this so bad, if you want to see PR that much just rewatch the old show.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #27
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
Tazz why do you want to see this so bad, if you want to see PR that much just rewatch the old show.

why do you always goda be up my ass ig? you of all people are always saying well a new reboot can be great and if you dont like it dont watch it. now you have a change of heart? you got some hard on for me ig because oviously 2 other people wanna see a new movie also and i dont see you basicly calling them out.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #28
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

I'm not attacking, I'm asking a honest fucking question. Let me rephrase the question. why do you want the original actors to come back, why not just let new actors play those roles
Old 07-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #29
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

He's up your ass because half the shit you say conflicts with itself too.

You bitch about movies getting remade, rebooted and shit like that all the time and about how hollywood has no creativity and then you go and find every reason possible why hollywood should do exactly what you bitch and moan about and reboot a saturday morning tv show with 40 year old actors trying to be the same people they were 20 years ago.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:09 PM   #30
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I'm not attacking, I'm asking a honest fucking question. Let me rephrase the question. why do you want the original actors to come back, why not just let new actors play those roles

because a good few of the original actors can still pull it off dude. tell you what ig look up jason david frank and watch is mma fights and youll see what i mean. look at austin st john oviously the guy is in good shape because hes a paramedic. and i also said david yost im sceptical because he was NEVER a martial art guy. walter jones apparently still has moves because theres a video of him break dancing back in 2007. basicly ig age is just a number. the main problam with the current cast of power rangers is they get some baby faced kids who look like they never hit puberty for the roles

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #31
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
because a good few of the original actors can still pull it off dude. tell you what ig look up jason david frank and watch is mma fights and youll see what i mean. look at austin st john oviously the guy is in good shape because hes a paramedic. and i also said david yost im sceptical because he was NEVER a martial art guy. walter jones apparently still has moves because theres a video of him break dancing back in 2007. basicly ig age is just a number. the main problam with the current cast of power rangers is they get some baby faced kids who look like they never hit puberty for the roles
I've seen what they look like, I say get some new faces in there, did you ever think that many of the originals don't want anything to do with PR anymore
Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #32
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
He's up your ass because half the shit you say conflicts with itself too.

You bitch about movies getting remade, rebooted and shit like that all the time and about how hollywood has no creativity and then you go and find every reason possible why hollywood should do exactly what you bitch and moan about and reboot a saturday morning tv show with 40 year old actors trying to be the same people they were 20 years ago.

i also said there are films that CAN work as either a sequal or remake. rambo 4 was laughable i admit, the new karate kid i wont see because imo the original will always be classic. the last 2 batman films by nolan i loved. nightmare on elm street was bullshit though. robinson be honest for a minute are you currently happy with the choice for the new spiderman movie thats being made? and if not would you agree spiderman should just be where it ended?

Old 07-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #33
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I've seen what they look like, I say get some new faces in there, did you ever think that many of the originals don't want anything to do with PR anymore

johnny bosh aka adam is for a new pr film and jason david frank even said if saban calls him back hed do it. now apparently jdf and st john have a beef with 1 another wich i still never fully understood. from what i heard and i dont know if true the beef started when saban gave jdf the leader role and making st johns charachter 2nd

Old 07-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #34
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
i also said there are films that CAN work as either a sequal or remake. rambo 4 was laughable i admit, the new karate kid i wont see because imo the original will always be classic. the last 2 batman films by nolan i loved. nightmare on elm street was bullshit though. robinson be honest for a minute are you currently happy with the choice for the new spiderman movie thats being made? and if not would you agree spiderman should just be where it ended?
The new Karate Kid was great, just as good as the original, if not better. My father who grew up with that film saw the new Karate Kid and loved it
Old 07-03-2010, 03:17 PM   #35
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
The new Karate Kid was great, just as good as the original, if not better. My father who grew up with that film saw the new Karate Kid and loved it

is it close to the original script? the only real complaint i heard for this film was the kungu fu style but karate was in the movie title

Old 07-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #36
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
is it close to the original script? the only real complaint i heard for this film was the kungu fu style but karate was in the movie title
........................ why not go simply see the movie for yourself
Old 07-03-2010, 03:19 PM   #37
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
........................ why not go simply see the movie for yourself

ill wait for the rental. id rather pay 5 bucks to rent it instead of $10.50 at the theatre

Old 07-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #38
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
I dont care about who plays spidey, once i see some footage and if it looks enjoyable, I'll see it. I dont give a damn about if its a remake, reboot, rehash, sequal whatever. I watch movies based on if I will be enertained, not what some fanboys thinks the movie should have been because they think they could do better or can't let go of the past.

The reason the jason frank and the other guy would be willing to do a movie again is because of money, nothing else. Being a paramedic and an amatuer mma fighter does not have the salary that they had back then and i'm sure royalty checks are getting smaller every year. Don't kid yourself into thinking they have a profound love for the franchise and being a red, gold, black, white, or green ranger again.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #39
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I dont care about who plays spidey, once i see some footage and if it looks enjoyable, I'll see it. I dont give a damn about if its a remake, reboot, rehash, sequal whatever. I watch movies based on if I will be enertained, not what some fanboys thinks the movie should have been because they think they could do better or can't let go of the past.

The reason the jason frank and the other guy would be willing to do a movie again is because of money, nothing else. Being a paramedic and an amatuer mma fighter does not have the salary that they had back then and i'm sure royalty checks are getting smaller every year. Don't kid yourself into thinking they have a profound love for the franchise and being a red, gold, black, white, or green ranger again.

jdf was never ashamed for doing power rangers. st john on the other hand demands alot more dough though. funny thing is jdf challenged st john to a mma fight and st john never answered the challenge. as far as the new spiderman... 3 is enough imo and thats just me as a movie fan saying this. i would like marvel to focus on a nick fury film where they do his orgin and leading up to the avenger project. i feel the same way for xmen first class the first 3 xmen were enough and i just feel there gona milk the fuck out of both franchises

Last edited by TazzMission; 07-03-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #40
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Marvel does not have the movie rights to Spider-Man. I doubt any of the living originals come back, Like I said earlier let some new faces in there
Old 07-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #41
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Marvel does not have the movie rights to Spider-Man. I doubt any of the living originals come back, Like I said earlier let some new faces in there

if worse came to worse they could get the zeo rangers cast back... zeo was a fun season but the costumes sucked though. johnny bosh who played adam is a stunt guy and also directed a film. the chick who played the yellow zeo ranger is still sexy

Old 07-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #42
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

no one from any of the original shows should have anything to do with that movie if it is getting shopped around.

There are much better martial artists out there and way better actors.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:43 PM   #43
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
no one from any of the original shows should have anything to do with that movie if it is getting shopped around.

There are much better martial artists out there and way better actors.

they could do a cameo....

Old 07-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #44
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
Besides, all Power Rangers will ever amount to is a live action cheap knockoff of Voltron (both lion and Car).
Actually... you'll probably hate me for informing you about this little fact that will shatter your entire complaint against Power Rangers... but Power Rangers was an American retooling of the Japanese Super Sentai series, which has been running solid since the 1970's and was actually the original inspiration for both the GoLion and Dairugger XV animes' (which both later became retooled for American audiences after their productions as Voltron, and have both often been considered unofficial Sentai spinoffs by fans and makers alike)... so, in point of fact, Voltron was a cheap animated knockoff of Power Rangers (or, more appropriately, Super Sentai, which would later be turned into Power Rangers).

/koosh

Quote:
i quit watching power rangers after rangers in space.
I stopped watching during Turbo when Tommy, Cat, and Adam finally left the show... but got pulled back for Dino Thunder, since Tommy had come back, as well as that one shot episode in Wild Force where all the Red Rangers got back together (save for Rocky, since he and Jason had been the same Red Ranger and they opted for Jason... the REAL original Red).
Old 07-03-2010, 05:46 PM   #45
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Owl View Post
Actually... you'll probably hate me for informing you about this little fact that will shatter your entire complaint against Power Rangers... but Power Rangers was an American retooling of the Japanese Super Sentai series, which has been running solid since the 1970's and was actually the original inspiration for both the GoLion and Dairugger XV animes' (which both later became retooled for American audiences after their productions, and have both often been considered unofficial Sentai spinoffs by fans and makers alike)... so, in point of fact, Voltron was a cheap animated knockoff of Power Rangers (or, more appropriately, Super Sentai, which would later be turned into Power Rangers).

/koosh

I stopped watching during Turbo when Tommy, Cat, and Adam finally left the show... but got pulled back for Dino Thunder, since Tommy had come back, as well as that one shot episode in Wild Force where all the Red Rangers got back together (save for Rocky, since he and Jason had been the same Red Ranger and they opted for Jason... the REAL original Red).

ah the forever red episode.... it couldve been better but it was cool to see jason and tommy back

Old 07-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #46
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Owl View Post
Actually... you'll probably hate me for informing you about this little fact that will shatter your entire complaint against Power Rangers... but Power Rangers was an American retooling of the Japanese Super Sentai series, which has been running solid since the 1970's and was actually the original inspiration for both the GoLion and Dairugger XV animes' (which both later became retooled for American audiences after their productions as Voltron, and have both often been considered unofficial Sentai spinoffs by fans and makers alike)... so, in point of fact, Voltron was a cheap animated knockoff of Power Rangers (or, more appropriately, Super Sentai, which would later be turned into Power Rangers).

/koosh

That may be the case, but for the majority of people on this side of the world its the opposite, not everyone reads up all the history of a particular show to know what is a knock oof of what. To the american public that were raised in the 80's Voltron came first based purely on airdate while power rangers was decidedly after that.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:04 PM   #47
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
That may be the case, but for the majority of people on this side of the world its the opposite, not everyone reads up all the history of a particular show to know what is a knock oof of what. To the american public that were raised in the 80's Voltron came first based purely on airdate while power rangers was decidedly after that.

dont forget transformers wasnt really big in the 90s at the time so when power rangers had the zords i believe thats what really reintroduced alot of people from the 90s into transformers

Old 07-03-2010, 06:08 PM   #48
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

No, Beast Wars introduced alot of people in the 90's to transformers and brought back quite a few fans but alienated others.

And the generation 2 toys were being made then as well so people knew of the original characters.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #49
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
Nevertheless... you were wrong... AGAIN.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #50
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

technically no I wasnt.

While the sentai series has been around since the 70's but the edition that eventually became the power rangers was created in 92. So technically Voltron came way before the modern day power rangers.