The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 07-03-2010, 06:22 PM   #51
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

You said the one was a knockoff of the other, while it was actually the other way around (in a round about ACTUAL sense).

I swear, child... your consistent barrage of misinformation and reluctance to accept truth is making you seem more and more like a Jehova's witness, knocking on people's doors and screaming, "Vanilla Ice isn't a rapper!"
Old 07-03-2010, 06:29 PM   #52
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazzMission View Post
i also said there are films that CAN work as either a sequal or remake. rambo 4 was laughable i admit, the new karate kid i wont see because imo the original will always be classic.
Rambo aka John Rambo aka Rambo 4 was fucking awesome.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:31 PM   #53
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.

Last edited by TazzMission; 07-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #54
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

I also said to the general public, you know the ones that dont spend 23 hours a day talking about cartoons and comic books and manga and shit like that. You know the kids who grew up in the 80's watched he man, voltron and things like that back when saturday morning cartoons were cool, then nearly 10 years later comes this horribly dubbed godzilla and cardboard robot looking spectacle that has somehow remained popular in the last 15 years. To the everyday person Power Rangers will always be a knockoff of Voltron in america. In Japan and for fanboys thats not the case, but to the rest of the world that doesnt care which episode of pokemon came first that is the situation.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:40 PM   #55
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
I also said to the general public, you know the ones that dont spend 23 hours a day talking about cartoons and comic books and manga and shit like that. You know the kids who grew up in the 80's watched he man, voltron and things like that back when saturday morning cartoons were cool, then nearly 10 years later comes this horribly dubbed godzilla and cardboard robot looking spectacle that has somehow remained popular in the last 15 years. To the everyday person Power Rangers will always be a knockoff of Voltron in america. In Japan and for fanboys thats not the case, but to the rest of the world that doesnt care which episode of pokemon came first that is the situation.

you seem pretty pissy that power rangers lasted longer than any of the shows from the 80s robinson

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #56
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

No, not really.

I'm just being real about the quality of the show itself and that there is a time and place for nostalgia and imp Power Rangers is one those things that is better left in its own time.

It's a different era now and theres a reason that very few properties from the past that get brought back to television survive.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #57
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
No, not really.

I'm just being real about the quality of the show itself and that there is a time and place for nostalgia and imp Power Rangers is one those things that is better left in its own time.

It's a different era now and theres a reason that very few properties from the past that get brought back to television survive.

i see your point and i respect it. i know this gona be random and off subject but till this day im still a big fan of farscape and who knows for all we know we may get a movie 5 or 10 years from now. i think with todays movies in todays current time its mostly chick flicks or a sequal thats 20 years to late for a theatrical release. when i heard another power rangers movie is being passed around i admit im excited but also sceptical. myself and owl arent just the only pr fans because there is a big fan base who is dying for a reunion wether it be on tv or a film. im interested to know what your feeling is on the new tmnt movie thats coming also

Old 07-03-2010, 06:56 PM   #58
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

I know thers a big fanbase and thats one of the few things thats keeping it alive.

As far as tmnt goes, it could go either way. Saturday morning route way to cheesy. i like ther first 2 movies because they had a proper mix of the the original comics with some of the humor of the cartoon imo.

The difference being that even the power rangers movies were cheesy, because they knew their market was primarily little kids, where that turtles had a fanbase from the comics for the older crowd and enough of the younger crowd got interested to make it worth while.

A new PR movie could work if done right and not cheeseball, just like tmnt can be brought back if done right to. you tip the balance one way or another and its gonna fall flat on its face.

Imo some properties are better left untapped.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 PM   #59
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
I know thers a big fanbase and thats one of the few things thats keeping it alive.

As far as tmnt goes, it could go either way. Saturday morning route way to cheesy. i like ther first 2 movies because they had a proper mix of the the original comics with some of the humor of the cartoon imo.

The difference being that even the power rangers movies were cheesy, because they knew their market was primarily little kids, where that turtles had a fanbase from the comics for the older crowd and enough of the younger crowd got interested to make it worth while.

A new PR movie could work if done right and not cheeseball, just like tmnt can be brought back if done right to. you tip the balance one way or another and its gonna fall flat on its face.

Imo some properties are better left untapped.

thats why alot of the adult fanbase ( like me) think the new movie should be darker without the cheesey jokes. i know in one of the later season somebody died so i figure hey why not for the movie kill off 1 of the original rangers?

Old 07-03-2010, 07:00 PM   #60
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Being Darker does not mean it will be better
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #61
Shingo Wol

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
True.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #62
projectile
Sidekick

Quote:
Like how people were trying to get Donald Glover to play Spider-Man .

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #63
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:

what kind of villain should they go for? should they go with the cheesey make my monster grow bs or should they introduce a armaggedon type of hell on earth villain? i would really like to see the new movie hit the pg-13 mark seeing as the first 2 films were PG.

Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #64
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

the kind of villian that will win and end this silly nonsense. :P
Old 07-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #65
Shingo Wol

It doesnt need to be darker. True it was dark when Eastman and Laird started it, But

It would be a step backwards to make it dark now.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #66
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
the kind of villian that will win and end this silly nonsense. :P

dude be glad america got power rangers because in japan it looks like this.....

its called super sentai in japan

+ YouTube Video

Old 07-03-2010, 07:47 PM   #67
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Dude, its the same show, they just dubbed new voices onto it.

That looks like its the japanese version of forever red, thats all.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:52 PM   #68
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
So, if they were to adapt Power Rangers into a new movie (like they're doing with A-Team and stuff nowadays) who would you cast as:

Jason
Billy
Zack
Trini
Kimberly
Tommy
Bulk
Skull
Rita
Zordon
Alpha 5
Just for the hell of it....(not that I believe that this should happen, would happen or that these actors would even consider it if it did...)

JASON: Kevin Zegers

BILLY: Paul Dano

ZACK(who obviously needs the name change the most!): Tristan Wilds
Tristan is a little short, but he's the best young black actor I could think off. Also he would quit by the end of the movie...or die.

and once he died, they would have an after the credits scene involving...

ADAM(who isn't chinese, but still a minority!): Max Minghella

TRINI(okay, maybe SHE needs the name change the most): Devon Aoki

Kimberly: Anna Kendrick

Between her, Tristan and Paul, these are the most talented actors

TOMMY: Ben Barnes

Tommy is British! Now we know why he transferred!

BULK & SKULL: Zach Galifianakis & Rob Schneider

RITA: Kate Winslet
Because this is the one role where her eyebrows wouldn't bother me, her accent would be a plus and she wouldn't have to be nude.

Zordon: Patrick Stewart's face with Michael Caine's voice

Alpha: Seth McFarlane's voice
Old 07-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #69
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Besides, all Power Rangers will ever amount to is a live action cheap knockoff of Voltron (both lion and Car).
Except that Super Sentai, the source material for PR, came 10 years before Voltron, making Voltron a cartoon knockoff of Sentai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:33 PM   #70
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

We've already discussed that.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 PM   #71
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

yeah, my bad, I missed that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Owl View Post
(save for Rocky, since he and Jason had been the same Red Ranger and they opted for Jason... the REAL original Red).
They actually didn't bring Rocky back because he had retired from acting.... They weren't originally going to bring Leo back, but he agreed at the last minute.

Quote:
Dude, its the same show, they just dubbed new voices onto it.

That looks like its the japanese version of forever red, thats all.
That's exactly what that is.

Quote:
Just for the hell of it....(not that I believe that this should happen, would happen or that these actors would even consider it if it did...)

JASON: Kevin Zegers

BILLY: Paul Dano

ZACK(who obviously needs the name change the most!): Tristan Wilds
Tristan is a little short, but he's the best young black actor I could think off. Also he would quit by the end of the movie...or die.

and once he died, they would have an after the credits scene involving...

ADAM(who isn't chinese, but still a minority!): Max Minghella

TRINI(okay, maybe SHE needs the name change the most): Devon Aoki

Kimberly: Anna Kendrick

Between her, Tristan and Paul, these are the most talented actors

TOMMY: Ben Barnes

Tommy is British! Now we know why he transferred!

BULK & SKULL: Zach Galifianakis & Rob Schneider

RITA: Kate Winslet
Because this is the one role where her eyebrows wouldn't bother me, her accent would be a plus and she wouldn't have to be nude.

Zordon: Patrick Stewart's face with Michael Caine's voice

Alpha: Seth McFarlane's voice
Really? Does Anna Kendrick strike you as Kimberly? and Devon Aoki? Really? Also, Kevin Zegers....

And Rob Schneider and Zach Galifianakis may have worked like.... 10-15 years ago, but am I supposed to buy them as college students? I mean, I suppose if they failed.... a lot... but still, really?

Also, Seth MacFarlane should be very, very far away from this.

Also, why does Zack need a name change so bad? what would they make him, DeShawn?

Quote:
Old 07-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #72
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:

Really? Does Anna Kendrick strike you as Kimberly? and Devon Aoki? Really? Also, Kevin Zegers....

And Rob Schneider and Zach Galifianakis may have worked like.... 10-15 years ago, but am I supposed to buy them as college students? I mean, I suppose if they failed.... a lot... but still, really?

Also, Seth MacFarlane should be very, very far away from this.

Also, why does Zack need a name change so bad? what would they make him, DeShawn?

I'm not recasting, I'm casting. Anna strikes me as the most talented actress who's cute not sexy. And if you've seen Up In The Air then you'll know that she's surely capable of doing everything your precious Amy could ever do.

Rob & Zach are hilarious guys. I never bought Bulk & Skull as college students anyway. They would be better off as cafeteria and maintenance staff.

Seth is hilarious, and he has at least 6 voices. Seth Green too!

As for Devon, there are no young talented asian actresses. So I went with the girl who could do action and be capable of delivering funny lines at least, some of the time. "You guys make me sick sick sick sick!"
Old 07-03-2010, 09:08 PM   #73
Kuhan

Quote:
I'm not recasting, I'm casting. Anna strikes me as the most talented actress who's cute not sexy. And if you've seen Up In The Air then you'll know that she's surely capable of doing everything your precious Amy could ever do.
Well sure, but Kimberly seems like more of a ditz-type character, not Anna. She's totally capable and I loved her in Up in the Air.... she just doesn't strike me as Kimberly

Quote:
Rob & Zach are hilarious guys. I never bought Bulk & Skull as college students anyway. They would be better off as cafeteria and maintenance staff.
Well, they were High School students, but I don't see cafeteria and maintenance stuff always messing with a few kids.

Quote:
Seth is hilarious, and he has at least 6 voices. Seth Green too!
What's your point?

Quote:
As for Devon, there are no young talented asian actresses. So I went with the girl who could do action and be capable of delivering funny lines at least, some of the time. "You guys make me sick sick sick sick!"
Eh.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2010, 09:09 PM   #74
W.West

Quote:

Well, they were High School students, but I don't see cafeteria and maintenance stuff always messing with a few kids.
I don't see kids wearing the same color every day they come to school either. lol
Old 07-03-2010, 09:11 PM   #75
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

lol