The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 11-14-2010, 10:08 AM   #4751
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War of Light Vet View Post
Man, haters will always hate and people will always have their own opinions, and thats great, if people all liked the same shit- we'd be robots. Trailer has me optimistic and a little iffy on the special effects, but I think it'll come around. The effects are not going to be GI JOE rise of cobra bad at least. I am so psyched for tuesday, and to see more!
I agree with you and post...
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #4752
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
So Tom cant dress a different way outside of work? Do you expect him to wear his jumpsuit 24/7?
If we see him more in this new hippie style than at Ferris in a grease stained jumpsuit I'll be disappointed.

But.... it's too early to tell. It's one of my favorite heroes played by one of me and the wife's favorite actors. I'm seeing it at least 2 or 3 times in theatres regardless.

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #4753
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Can you call it "new" when we never see Tom outside of Ferris?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #4754
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

West you took the wprds right out of my mouth. How do you know what he wears when he is not at work. People that dress like "hippies" or "hipsters" can't be grease monkeys.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:39 PM   #4755
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I keep looking at the clip and the freeze frames and I like everything that's fundamentally there. It's the fine tuning that needs work. For example, I like the costume design now that it doesn't look as much like green bacon and the black is more prominent; I like in theory that it's a CGI costume. Where it falls apart is that the CGI looks like a half assed attempt by some fan in his momma's basement using photoshop. Their heart is in the right place but it should look BETTER.

And who knows? Maybe it will by the time the movie is released. They only finished principal photography a few months ago. It's just such a CGI heavy movie like this perhaps should have had an additional year to work on the special effects shots. As of right now I'm still cautiously optomistic.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #4756
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
West you took the wprds right out of my mouth. How do you know what he wears when he is not at work. People that dress like "hippies" or "hipsters" can't be grease monkeys.
What are you talking about? Pieface has been shown out of his workclothes plenty of times over the years. He never looked like a tool, he just uses them in his job.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:04 PM   #4757
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Regardless. It's just such a minuscule thing to nitpick about. There are way worse things that could go on with this film. He is the least of my worries.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #4758
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Regardless. It's just such a minuscule thing to nitpick about. There are way worse things that could go on with this film. He is the least of my worries.
True, there are bigger fish to fry. I just didn't picture a book wormian looking Pieface to be on the list at all when I saw the pic of the guy they cast. I just assumed they'd get him as right as Jameson was for the Spiderman movie.

Anyway, they'd be better off concentrating on special effects shots. They should farm some work out to WETA in NZ before the Hobbit needs their attention.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:36 PM   #4759
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

Well for those who apparently have never seen Tom in anything other than his work clothes I recommend going to your LCS and picking up back issues of Millennium and New Guardians as well as GL Vol 3 #81 and The Last Will And Testament Of Hal Jordan. These books all show Tom in stuff other than a jumpsuit. And in Millennium we see him in shorts and Flip Flops though to my knowledge he has always had relatively short and straight hair not curly.

Darth_Andrea
Old 11-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #4760
GreenLanternFan5289
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Loving what I'm seeing so far but the only thing I'm not really liking is how high his boots are but that's just me nitpicking.
With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers
GreenLanternFan5289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 05:44 PM   #4761
hazardfilms
Parallax Host

You know the only thing that was bothering me is the shape of the mask when he says lets go look for some trouble. But in the scene where he's saving the boy, the shape looks different and better. Hopefully the 2nd is the corrected version, I kinda like that one.

hazardfilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 PM   #4762
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazardfilms View Post
You know the only thing that was bothering me is the shape of the mask when he says lets go look for some trouble. But in the scene where he's saving the boy, the shape looks different and better. Hopefully the 2nd is the corrected version, I kinda like that one.
The second mask you refer to looks like the crappy one on the Entertainment Weekly cover. I'd rather see the sloppy CGI photoshopped looking mask.

And for you guys who obviously know more grease monkeys than me, when have you EVER seen Pie with long curcly hair and glasses. Point me to even one shot of him in the comics and I'll shut up. But I don't think you can. I can accept sandles and collared shirts [it's what I wear year 'round], but the long hair and glasses just isn't Pie.

And the only reason I'd pick up either of those series, DA, is to start a fire. They sucked.... BAD.

~KL~
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:46 PM   #4763
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
The second mask you refer to looks like the crappy one on the Entertainment Weekly cover. I'd rather see the sloppy CGI photoshopped looking mask.

And for you guys who obviously know more grease monkeys than me, when have you EVER seen Pie with long curcly hair and glasses. Point me to even one shot of him in the comics and I'll shut up. But I don't think you can. I can accept sandles and collared shirts [it's what I wear year 'round], but the long hair and glasses just isn't Pie.

And the only reason I'd pick up either of those series, DA, is to start a fire. They sucked.... BAD.

~KL~
Honestly, I don't think Tom's going to be an important character in the movie, so I really wouldn't loose any sleep over it.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #4764
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Jeezus, who the fuck knew Tom would push so many buttons. You'd think he had his own comic, starred in the company's event and was a fucking Green Lantern...

And for those who say there's too much comedy...GET THE FUCK OVER IT. You're reading a book where the main character makes Captain Planet and Daffy Duck jokes on a regular basis. Stop with the bullshit complaints. You hate the CGI? Fine, that's debatable and will impact the movie. But whether a guy wears glasses when's off the clock isn't even worth thinking about let alone wasting time posting about it. Now I'm done.
Old 11-14-2010, 08:25 PM   #4765
Gonza2814
Green Lantern

I had 2814 orgasms

http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...read.php?t=939
Gonza2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #4766
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonza2814 View Post
I had 2814 orgasms
that's the perfect amount.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:01 PM   #4767
GUYCORPS
Green Lantern

All looks great to me. Shit at least we're getting a film made. With the right mix of action and comedy, this film could be a roaring success. Cannot wait!
Old 11-14-2010, 09:10 PM   #4768
Echo7Solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
And for those who say there's too much comedy...GET THE FUCK OVER IT. You're reading a book where the main character makes Captain Planet and Daffy Duck jokes on a regular basis. Stop with the bullshit complaints.
This is the single best post I've ever read from you West.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:12 PM   #4769
W.West

stick around, there may be time for more! lol
Old 11-14-2010, 09:13 PM   #4770
KILLER-CLONE
Manhunter Repairman

Everybody quit bitching. This film is gonna be a blast. So STFU.

"Damn that Sorcerer! 20 gold pieces and I'm wankered on Rohypnol!"
KILLER-CLONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #4771
Kuhan

Send a message via ICQ to Kuhan Send a message via AIM to Kuhan Send a message via MSN to Kuhan Send a message via Yahoo to Kuhan Send a message via Skype™ to Kuhan

Quote:
Jeezus, who the fuck knew Tom would push so many buttons. You'd think he had his own comic, starred in the company's event and was a fucking Green Lantern...

And for those who say there's too much comedy...GET THE FUCK OVER IT. You're reading a book where the main character makes Captain Planet and Daffy Duck jokes on a regular basis. Stop with the bullshit complaints. You hate the CGI? Fine, that's debatable and will impact the movie. But whether a guy wears glasses when's off the clock isn't even worth thinking about let alone wasting time posting about it. Now I'm done.
You took the words right out of my mouth. It's not like Tom is the most important character. Hell, he's barely even shown up in the comics in the past 5 years (Admittedly, that's Geoff's fault, but still...)
Quote:
But probably not
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
Everybody quit bitching. This film is gonna be a blast. So STFU.
Oh god... you know shit's bad when I agree with KILLER-CLONE...

Quote:
DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!
Kuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:21 AM   #4772
Black Manta
Senior Corps Member

Send a message via AIM to Black Manta Send a message via MSN to Black Manta

I'm not feeling the effects, they look so 2007. This is Green Lantern, I'm expecting Transformers or better level of effects. But I can't tell from the acting yet, need to see more.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 AM   #4773
Echo7Solo

Quote:
LOL.... please do. For the life of me I just can't seem to understand why people can't grasp the fact that a man who hits bad guys with giant boxing gloves and kicks them with huge boots has a sense of humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
I'm not feeling the effects, they look so 2007. This is Green Lantern, I'm expecting Transformers or better level of effects. But I can't tell from the acting yet, need to see more.
So you wanted everything to look the same?
Old 11-15-2010, 02:39 AM   #4774
bonoferox
Corpse Trainee

Still not convinced the effects in that clip are final, but holy hell I loved what I saw.

The Sky is Waiting....
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:15 AM   #4775
KILLER-CLONE
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuhan View Post
Oh god... you know shit's bad when I agree with KILLER-CLONE...
I would lose the comedy. Not a strong point.

"Damn that Sorcerer! 20 gold pieces and I'm wankered on Rohypnol!"
KILLER-CLONE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie