The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics
View Poll Results: What DC Character will come out of the closet?
Superman 0 0%
Batman 1 5.00%
Green Lantern Hal Jordan 0 0%
Green Lantern Kyle Rayner 2 10.00%
Flash Barry Allen 0 0%
Flash Wally West 1 5.00%
A DC Character missing from the reboot 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:21 AM   #451
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyV View Post
If anything, he'll bring something fresh to the table. My big problem with Azz is I've never read anything of his with a strong core female character. In fact, while thinking on it I've never read anything of his when a female was presented in a positive light.

All my faith is with Azz though. The greatest there was, and greatest there ever will be.
Um, 100 Bullets...DIZZY?!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:59 AM   #452
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Um, 100 Bullets...DIZZY?!
haven't read beyond the second volume of the trades

I did like his Lois Lane in For Tomorrow though I guess

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
Old 06-03-2011, 02:05 AM   #453
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

How on Earth is Azz your favorite writer and you haven't finish 100 Bullets?? Maybe...just maybe....

Old 06-03-2011, 02:10 AM   #454
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
How on Earth is Azz your favorite writer and you haven't finish 100 Bullets?? Maybe...just maybe....

Or maybe, Azz has written more than 100 Bullets and I have other things to do...

Old 06-03-2011, 02:20 AM   #455
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Holy G-SNAPS, my favorite writer (Brian Azzarello) will be writing for Wonder Woman....hells yea.
Quote:
haven't read beyond the second volume of the trades

I did like his Lois Lane in For Tomorrow though I guess
This is like saying Alan Moore is your favorite writer but that you haven't read Watchmen.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #456
fightoned
Manhunter Repairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAredLantern View Post
Originally Posted by W.West
I'll wait to see what really happens with my favorite titles and creators before I enter full on panic mode, but as of right now I just don't know how to feel. I can't be mad at a bunch of new #1 issues, especially if they showcase a BUNCH of characters that don't normally get spotlighted, and I definitely can't be mad at them all being available digitally that same day.

But on the other fucking hand...

"a point where our characters are younger and the stories are being told for today's audience."

that quote pisses me the fuck off. It screams "Fuck you long term reader, and fuck all the character development we've had over 75 years. Oh and fuck your favorite legacy character too because we're moving away from all that shit....BITCH!":
I'm with West here too about all the potential characters in these new books. I am excited about 52 different issues to pick from. Some of them have to be superior. Others will be good. The rest will probably stink. But I'll still give them all a tryat some point. (Not at 52x$2.99 for well over $156 a month! Eventually Comixology will have all of them on sale for $0.99.)

The more I read, it looks like GL is going to be essentially untouched. Hal is already 'younger' in the current series. I assume none of the GLs will be deleted. Gardner is in JL:International so I assume Kyle and John will also be around.

As I touched on earlier, the price point I'm not too thrilled about. If they were $0.99 each I'd try all 52 issues. If they were $1.99 then Id probably buy only 26 of the issues. Cover price I'd probably stick to the same number in print copies I get now and not bother with digital.

That said, I just read that the digital will be cover price but after a month it will drop to $1.99. So I guess my plan is to buy print copies that I want to collect (which are few like all the GL titles). The rest I'll have to be patient and get them a month later digitally at a $1 off.

Another reason I like digital is my LCS is very unreliable. For example the Abin Sur Flashpoint never came in yesterday. He is so unorganized. Things are constantly not showing up. So I will buy the digital copies as much as I can.

Someone mentioned digital subscriptions. If they had a discount on that option I'd be all over that.

I just wish these digital distribution companies/DC/Marvel/Etc would understand: if they lower the digital price point, more issues would be sold. It is that simple.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:22 AM   #457
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

After looking through all this, I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS NEW DCU, with one exception. Azzarello on Wonder Woman, won't work.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:23 AM   #458
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
This is like saying Alan Moore is your favorite writer but that you haven't read Watchmen.
Well, if I enjoyed all other things written by Alan Moore besides Watchmen then why would it matter? And I have read 2 volumes of 100 Bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
After looking through all this, I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS NEW DCU, with one exception. Azzarello on Wonder Woman, won't work.
Just like how JMS wasn't going to work on Thor?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:25 AM   #459
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Or maybe, Azz has written more than 100 Bullets and I have other things to do...
HOLY SH!T, you mean you have a life................ what's that like?

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 06-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #460
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Well, if I enjoyed all other things written by Alan Moore besides Watchmen then why would it matter? And I have read 2 volumes of 100 Bullets.

Just like how JMS wasn't going to work on Thor?
JMS has a range of style, Azz doesn't. Azz style fits Batman more than Wonder Woman.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:28 AM   #461
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by irongreen2814 View Post
JMS has a range of style, Azz doesn't. Azz style fits Batman more than Wonder Woman.
would agree, but this a reboot we're talking about. If anything, Azz knows how to provide characters a strong voice. Which is what Wonder Woman really needs.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #462
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
would agree, but this a reboot we're talking about. If anything, Azz knows how to provide characters a strong voice. Which is what Wonder Woman really needs.
I gues, I'm just not that interested in his take, never have never will.

*goes to read JMS Thor run again*
Old 06-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #463
Echo7Solo
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by havik View Post
i kno but if there reaally was aa buy out then dc would own th charaacteer and almost any judge would see that and dismiss the claim, so either there was no buy out or bad book keeping by dc
well the creators settled for a very low amount all things considered. After they died the estate went back for more. I think that's horse shit.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #464
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Hitler doesn't like the news of DC rebooting all that much

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #465
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard

And just like that in a Flash (pun intended), I go from being excited about Flashpoint and the main Flash book relaunch to being pissed off and dropping titles left and right. Seriously putting Manapul at the head of Flash is a joke and proves once and for all the people who said that DC has no idea what to do with Flash were right smfh. All I need is for them to screw up Green Lantern and i'll be saying goodbye to this new DCU for as long as it takes them to get their heads out of their asses what a f'n joke.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:26 AM   #466
Echo7Solo
Star Sapphire's Love Slave

you know looking at the pic of the new Justice League and the lack of ring on Hal's hand kind of bothered me. The it hit me, he has a huge gun coming out of his crotch. So is the new GL ring a cock ring?

I didn't read back to see if I was the first one with this joke... sorry if somebody else did it first.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:39 AM   #467
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Random thought, I hope Kubert gets put on a title.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:30 AM   #468
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
DC's NEW Letter to Retailers
It's possible that I missed it, but I don't think they called us "readers" or even "fans" just once. It's just "consumers", "customers" and "unprecedented sales results".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotherion View Post
Random thought, I hope Kubert gets put on a title.
Which one? Andy? Adam? Joe?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:37 AM   #469
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Which one? Andy? Adam? Joe?
Andy. Isn't Adam a Marvel exclusive? And speaking of Joe, has he done anything since Wednesday Comics?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #470
d3v1lb0y
Red Lantern Black Ops

let's just wait!

maybe y rebooting they only mean that when all titles go #1 the first 2-3 issues will be a retelling of the origins and then they'll continue the stories as normal

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y
Old 06-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #471
Black Manta
Senior Corps Member

Send a message via AIM to Black Manta Send a message via MSN to Black Manta

Aquaman - Goes without saying... but: Automatic Buy.

Wonder Woman - Really don't like the choker on her, but the team seems like they can save her.

Mr. Terrific - REALLY? What's with the costume change? He was great before, the only big shocker and disappointment so far...

JLI - Cool, might pick it up for August General (still need to get that Great Ten book)...

Green Arrow - I missed JT's first run on Arrow, but this could be a great jumping on point. Wonder if Arsenal is back to normal in the DCNu...

Firestorm - Not a fan of this character and don't know what's going on but from the buzz online it could be good... I'll flip through it...

Justice League - I don't like the first promo pic of the team, but just might get it for Aquaman.

Captain Atom - Never was a fan of this character... Pass.

The Flash - Don't know much about Brian Buccellato but Manapul is awesome... Wonder who's this new villain... Picking this up.

Hawkman - Don't like the team and the cover is ugly to me... Pass.

DC Presents - Don't like the name, should've just kept it Brave & the Bold... depending on the stories I'll get the ones involving characters I like... Passing on the Deadman story.

So far so good... I hope Nightwing gets his book back, Titans has a decent team(in the book and creatively), and Green Lantern isn't altered too much post-Flashpoint...
Old 06-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #472
GreenLantern888
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to GreenLantern888 Send a message via MSN to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Yahoo to GreenLantern888 Send a message via Skype™ to GreenLantern888

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
let's just wait!

maybe y rebooting they only mean that when all titles go #1 the first 2-3 issues will be a retelling of the origins and then they'll continue the stories as normal

That would make sense to me. I was thinking this myself, I mean show the new origins then jump right back to where the stories left off.

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU
Old 06-03-2011, 12:05 PM   #473
Dutch Lantern
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

Not one title so far there that interests me.

I love Simone's writing, but not even that can make me pick up Firestorm. Just don't care for the character at all.

Looks like I'll be saving money after the revamp from DC.

(I assume GL will go back to one title, and Secret Six will be cancelled)
Old 06-03-2011, 12:14 PM   #474
W.West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
It's possible that I missed it, but I don't think they called us "readers" or even "fans" just once. It's just "consumers", "customers" and "unprecedented sales results".
You misread. That letter was FOR RETAILERS so of course they wouldn't be talking to you fans. The letter from DiDio however was entitled "An Open Letter to the Fans"
Old 06-03-2011, 12:27 PM   #475
W.West

Geoff Johns announces "revamp" of Green Lantern titles