The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 06-20-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Default Does a question in the thread title mean I'm looking for an answer from others?

No... not when I answer it with my own first post... THAT makes this a statement.

And now you know... and knowing is half the battle.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

This is a discussion board.............................
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #3
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

No... its a MESSAGE board... not all messages require discussion.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:09 AM   #4
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Owl View Post
No... its a MESSAGE board... not all messages require discussion.
You might as well just use Twitter then. Other wise threads like this which really can't have a discussion clog up a message board. Use Twitter
Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 AM   #5
projectile
Sidekick

Whats the point of answering your own question from the title thread with the first post?

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

This thread was a tool utilized in and created for another thread.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:16 PM   #7
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Send a message via Yahoo to Razorgod Send a message via Skype™ to Razorgod

Quote:
This thread was a tool utilized in and created for another thread.
So you're trolling?
Razorgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #8
Mycroft
unable to translate

No entiendo el problema..
Old 06-20-2010, 03:19 PM   #9
Mr.Itty

No suspense here folks... move on.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #10
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorgod View Post
So you're trolling?
By definition? No.

But you can view it that way if you'd like... you'd be wrong, but go for it.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:39 PM   #11
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Trolling? No

Make unneeded threads to try to further the cause or argument at hand. Yes.

But aparently if you disagree with him then you are an idiot, and by nature what he says is final.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #12
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

http://twitter.com/ Here a site where you can post your thoughts w/o discussion
Old 06-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #13
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
Trolling? No

A statement made only to elicit a response and bait flaming is trolling. In the case of this question, it's rather pointless.

The OP KNOWS that the entire point of a message board is discussion and that a thread title that's nothing more than a question is an invitation for other people's answers. The fact that he answers his own question in his first post, is beside the point. The question itself is what draws people into the thread, with opinions already forming as they wait for the first page to load.

It's common sense, you ask a question on the internet, you should expect an answer. To expect otherwise is ignorance.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:08 PM   #14
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
Trolling? No

But aparently if you disagree with him then you are an idiot, and by nature what he says is final.
Disagreeing with me doens't make you an idiot... claiming that a white dude who rapped for a living ISN'T a white rapper makes you an idiot.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:12 PM   #15
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorgod View Post
A statement made only to elicit a response and bait flaming is trolling. In the case of this question, it's rather pointless.

The OP KNOWS that the entire point of a message board is discussion and that a thread title that's nothing more than a question is an invitation for other people's answers. The fact that he answers his own question in his first post, is beside the point. The question itself is what draws people into the thread, with opinions already forming as they wait for the first page to load.

It's common sense, you ask a question on the internet, you should expect an answer. To expect otherwise is ignorance.
This is stupid! I didn't ever say I even had a problem with the discussion that spawned! All I ever said was that I found it funny! That Robinson has taken time to fight against that comment is absolutely fucking ridiculous! This thread was created for that conversation sprouted from a comment I made about the origin of the thread I had made, when I inidicated that I didn't ask people to make a list of the worst movies, but rather I was make the statement that JESUS CHRIST VAMPIRE HUNTER was probably it. I'm not a fucking troll, and I'm not ignorant. Apparently, I'm just completely misunderstood.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:24 PM   #16
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

No nite owl, you're not misunderstood, We all understand what you intended to do with the other thread, but the way you presented it conflicts with what you intended.

And to bring it back around to the whole Vanilla Ice rapper stuff having 1 moderately sucessful song does not make a career or that it is something that is done for a living.

Vanilla Ice is simply a musician who had 1 successful song in the style of rap, if you have seen anything further of his career you will see that he is indeed not a rapper.

What is ridiculous is that you have managed to resort to name calling simply because you the thread you created had spawned past your intentions based simply on a punctuation mark and chose to argue what is and is not a "statement" or a "question"
Old 06-20-2010, 11:33 PM   #17
projectile
Sidekick

If Vanilla Ice is a white rapper, does that mean Aaron Carter is a white rapper too?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

" He who does not punish evil commands it to be done."-Leonardo da Vinci
projectile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 AM   #18
Razorgod
Anti-Monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectile View Post
If Vanilla Ice is a white rapper, does that mean Aaron Carter is a white rapper too?

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
I'd of went with Snow.....

+ YouTube Video
Old 06-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #19
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
And to bring it back around to the whole Vanilla Ice rapper stuff having 1 moderately sucessful song does not make a career or that it is something that is done for a living.
This is why you're an idiot... first of all, Ice Ice Baby wasn't just a "moderately" successful song... it was a huge song, that lead his first studio album, To the Extreme (which was much of a reissue of his actual first album, Hooked, with a few extra songs attached), to become the FASTEST SELLING HIP HOP ALBUM IN HISTORY, releasing at #1, stay on the charts for 16 weeks, and selling eleven million copies in 1990.

In 1994, after having released a live album of his previous material (which was considered a laughable album), his second studio album, Mind Blowin', was released. He had changed up his style a bit, but he was still rappin'.

In 1995, he set up his own recording studio and joined a grunge ban where he began to work in the rap/metal style. His third studio album, Hard to Swallow, was released in this style shortly therreafter to mostly negative reviews, but with some critics admitting that it was his most honest work (given that he had sold out before anyone knew who he was, back in 1989).

In 2001, his album Bi-Polar was released and contained both rap and metal songs... so he was both rapping and singing (or screaming, as it were). No one really liked the album at all, but thats beside the point.

In 2005, his fifth studio album, Platinum Underground, was released, again focusing on the hardcore rap that had become his style. Again, no one really liked the album in the mainstream audience, and once again, most critics totally bashed it and V. Ice in general.

In 2008 he reelased a cover album called Vannila Ice is Back!, which was obviously a set of covers and remixes. Not surprisingly, it wasn't well recieved.

Last year he announced his sixth studio album, which is due out later this year.

So... lets see... what has this man been doing for the last 21 years? Oh, thats right... MAKING A LIVING BY RELEASING RAP ALBUMS. Geeze... this is really confusing... becasue according to you, Robinson... not only is this man NOT a white rapper, but he doesn't make his living by doing anything of the sort. This is most baffling... becasue... y'know... that facts say you're a fucking idiot. I guess there must be something to it, then.

Success means shit... its still what he does for a living.

So now I leave you with this:

+ YouTube Video
Old 06-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #20
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

Quote:
What is ridiculous is that you have managed to resort to name calling simply because you the thread you created had spawned past your intentions based simply on a punctuation mark and chose to argue what is and is not a "statement" or a "question"
No... I resulted to "name calling" because it was an accurate descriptive of what you are (at least on this subject).

You said V. Ice wasn't a white rapper... that makes you an idiot.

idiot n.
-1. (Psychiatry) a person with severe mental retardation
-2. a foolish or senseless person

... and just so there is no doubt...

fool n.
-1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding.
-2. One who acts unwisely on a given occasion: I was a fool to have quit my job.
-3. One who has been tricked or made to appear ridiculous; a dupe: They made a fool of me by pretending I had won.
-4. Informal A person with a talent or enthusiasm for a certain activity: a dancing fool; a fool for skiing.
-5. A member of a royal or noble household who provided entertainment, as with jokes or antics; a jester.
-6. One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth: a holy fool.
-7. A dessert made of stewed or puréed fruit mixed with cream or custard and served cold.
-8. Archaic A mentally deficient person; an idiot.

Last edited by Nite Owl; 06-21-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: added "fool" definition
Nite Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #21
JohnnyV
Pictionary Master

Quote:
This is why you're an idiot... first of all, Ice Ice Baby wasn't just a "moderately" successful song... it was a huge song, that lead his first studio album, To the Extreme (which was much of a reissue of his actual first album, Hooked, with a few extra songs attached), to become the FASTEST SELLING HIP HOP ALBUM IN HISTORY, releasing at #1, stay on the charts for 16 weeks, and selling eleven million copies in 1990.

In 1994, after having released a live album of his previous material (which was considered a laughable album), his second studio album, Mind Blowin', was released. He had changed up his style a bit, but he was still rappin'.

In 1995, he set up his own recording studio and joined a grunge ban where he began to work in the rap/metal style. His third studio album, Hard to Swallow, was released in this style shortly therreafter to mostly negative reviews, but with some critics admitting that it was his most honest work (given that he had sold out before anyone knew who he was, back in 1989).

In 2001, his album Bi-Polar was released and contained both rap and metal songs... so he was both rapping and singing (or screaming, as it were). No one really liked the album at all, but thats beside the point.

In 2005, his fifth studio album, Platinum Underground, was released, again focusing on the hardcore rap that had become his style. Again, no one really liked the album in the mainstream audience, and once again, most critics totally bashed it and V. Ice in general.

In 2008 he reelased a cover album called Vannila Ice is Back!, which was obviously a set of covers and remixes. Not surprisingly, it wasn't well recieved.

Last year he announced his sixth studio album, which is due out later this year.

So... lets see... what has this man been doing for the last 21 years? Oh, thats right... MAKING A LIVING BY RELEASING RAP ALBUMS. Geeze... this is really confusing... becasue according to you, Robinson... not only is this man NOT a white rapper, but he doesn't make his living by doing anything of the sort. This is most baffling... becasue... y'know... that facts say you're a fucking idiot. I guess there must be something to it, then.

Success means shit... its still what he does for a living.

So now I leave you with this:

+ YouTube Video
wow man, you know way too much about Vanilla Ice. Or went to way too much effort to find out about Vanilla Ice.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter
JohnnyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 12:24 PM   #22
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

I knew the albums and the general reception of such, but not the dates... google helped with those and the finer details.

I grew up in the early days of Vanilla Ice and have a few friends and a sister (who actually dragged me along to see Cool as Ice in theaters) who still love him. Hell, I've got one friend who kinda looks like him, used to dress up like him, and can still dance the good dance while rappin classic Ice, lol.

I actuallly kinda want to listen to some of his stuff, now (for nostalgia's sake)... guess I gotta call my sister and have her rip me some CDs.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #23
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

I could release 20 albums in a year, but if no one buys them then I'm not making a living off of them.

Go have fun with your vanilla ice then, i obviously struck a nerve with questioning his rap career with you, or maybe you are vanilla ice and are trying to vigorously defend your honor.

Either way, go masturbate to ice ice baby or whatever it is you do to keep you happy.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #24
Nite Owl
Parallax Host

*shakes his head at Robinson*

And you wonder why I called you an idiot.