Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope we get proper DVD/BRD boxsets.
    The last fan of 1990s comics
    Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

I doubt it. The animated shows seem to be fond of doing the volumes instead of full seasons. Young Justice has Season 1 Volumes 1 & 2 available.
      I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

YJ eventually did sell all three in a bundle.

Comment

Oh Yea? I didn't know that
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
            I just hope we get proper DVD/BRD boxsets.
            don't see any reason why not

Comment

I'm wondering If Razer will develop[ feelings for Aya (she looks kinda like his wife from the memories in the last episode)
              Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

For me, Hal's portrayal in GL:TAS is exponentially better than in any of the comics, especially Justice League. Hitting on a woman as her ex-husband is trying to kill her....WTF Johns. Enjoyed the episode today.

Comment

I'm starting to get the feeling that Johns might (just might mind you....) have some unresolved relationship issues. His characters never seem to be able to hold onto anything solid in that respect. And they also seem to end up with skewed senses of appropriate behavior around others as a result.
                  Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

Really liked the episode. Anyone feel that Razor might become a GL eventually or is that off the table lol

Comment

Ok...so episode 3 is here. Pretty good, I might add. I love that the cgi is being taken advantage of. Those flying scenes were pretty cool. Also, plot moving along with Aya was nice. Good fun episode... Although It feels like it's a little too confined... Very few characters, pretty much the same context all throughout the episode... They should think bigger, and I hope they do in future episodes... Otherwise it's a waste of potential. The GL verse is so vast and this just feels like a micro version of it.

Originally posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
                      Really liked the episode. Anyone feel that Razor might become a GL eventually or is that off the table lol
                      I got the same vibe. Epsecially when Razer said his ring's charge would eventually be depleted... I really, really hope he becomes a GL... Makes more sense than him tagging along as a red....don't think it's gonna happen, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        But faithful to which source material? Current Johns' universe (which you don't seem to be a fan of anyway)? Post-Zero Hour? Pre-Crisis? It changes so much.
                        Well, i don't mean being faithful to an entire continuity... More like staying true to the premise behind each element and character from the comics... For example... A red lantern ring can't be taken off without the bearer dying instantly. On the show, however, razer puts the ring on and takes it off as he sees fit...also, the original premise of the reds is that they're pretty much rage driven mindless beasts... Razer's pretty eloquent on the show. Even in the Red
                        Lantern book they stayed true to those premises and came up with a way to make the Red lanterns a bit smarter and more rational.

In my opinion, when they change the basic premises behind a character, then it stops being the same character.

JLU and JL respected those basic aspects of the characters to some extent... We never saw something like the manhunters being created by the controlers or stuff like that... They tried to stay as true to the characters as possible and that's why the show was so good.

Also, I AM a fan of what Johns did with GL. Everything he's done. I just wished he'd move on to some new stories and characters... Keep going with the world building he was doing prior to blackest night instead of going around in circles telling the same stories with the same characters over and over again... And I'd like for him to stop the unending and unnecessary retcons.
                        Emperor Aquaman
                        Guy's Drinking Buddy
                        Last edited by Emperor Aquaman; 03-25-2012, 03:07 AM.

Comment

o, did anyone notice that razer can take off his ring at will and be unharmed? i thought you needed a blue ring to get off a red...hmm maybe when saint walker comes around they will go more in depth with the relationship with the two colors

Comment

For some resason I have a feeling Razer will eventually become a blue lantern. I could be totally wrong but I could just see it.
                            Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                              For some resason I have a feeling Razer will eventually become a blue lantern. I could be totally wrong but I could just see it.
                              thats interesting

when will saint walker show up anyways?
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Originally posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
                                o, did anyone notice that razer can take off his ring at will and be unharmed? i thought you needed a blue ring to get off a red...hmm maybe when saint walker comes around they will go more in depth with the relationship with the two colors
                                well that and plus if he removed a rl ring his heart would stop

i dont mind that little change seeing as it is a kids show
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X