The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > General > General/About Us
FLASHCHAT

General

Old 12-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #976
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

So, is the new Wells supposed to be Thawne AGAIN? I got that impression after the last episode before the crossover.
Old 12-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #977
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Yeah, it's a bit annoying that they haven't done a whole lot with Barry's actual character since the first couple of seasons. Their way to "spice things up" at the beginning of every season seems to be just adding new characters to the cast, and then doing stuff with those characters.

That said, I haven't minded that too much because I really like the cast and it's all a lot of fun regardless.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:13 PM   #978
Mister Ed

So do you think it is safe to assume that one of the outcomes of next year's Crisis crossover event will be that Supergirl and Flash/Green Arrow will all end up being in the same universe?
Old 12-18-2018, 03:20 PM   #979
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

That seems to be a pretty good bet. I was thinking that the other day, how much more sense it would make to have them all in one universe.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #980
Darth_Andrea
Owned by Natu

Send a message via MSN to Darth_Andrea

If their plan is to bring all their series into the same universe, then 2 things will happen in COIE, 1st Black Lightning will appear in the event. The show has already dropped hints of various heroes from the 2 existing show universes already. 2nd As with the COIE event in the comics, after wards the individual series will start fresh, new costume designs, slightly altered histories and perhaps a larger focus on the super teams we have seen develop between the existing heroes. Also If this is the "Red Sky's" event that Barry is supposed to vanish from, and XS is from this combined universe future, which would explain her being a member of the Legion. Then she, if she's still in the show, will alter the event so Barry doesn't vanish into the speed force, or if he does she will find a way to cause him to make a duplicate who dies or who stays. I can see both possibilities happening.

This event would also lay the ground work continuity wise for Savatar to arise, as the original was a duplicate from an alternate future that Barry stopped from happening. But that duplicate needs to come into being somehow.

Darth_Andrea

Last edited by Darth_Andrea; 12-26-2018 at 03:04 PM.
Darth_Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:17 AM   #981
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Did anyone else assume that dagger of Cicada's was a Qwardian one? It sure looked like it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 02:39 PM   #982
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

watched the S5 finale, and I got sum Q's I need to get offa my chest:

1) was it eliminating the existence of Cicada II that caused Nora to turn into electric chicklets, and if so, why did it take so long for it to affect her (and not her diary somehow?)

2) wasn't Central City from the same timeline, and if so then howcum *it* didn't change?

3) could Ramon have achieves his goal of being more "Ramon" than "Vibe" by simply not using his powers?

4) any chance we'll get Harry back next season?!?!?

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Last edited by Tazer; 05-16-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 04:55 PM   #983
Mister Ed

As for the first question, my answer would be don't think too hard (which really means, "don't think at all") about anything time travel related on a CW show. It will not make sense after even a cursory consideration.

That is why, ultimately, I gave up on watching Legends of Tomorrow. Watching a show in which Time Travel was a major component was too painful. When the resolution to an major ongoing plotline requires that you must defeat the villain "at the same time" in three different time periods...I just can't roll with that level of stupidity.