The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 11-16-2018, 07:19 PM   #26
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

It was the podcast War Rocket Ajax that compared the Harley/Trinity fight to Deathstroke single-handedly defeating the whole fucking Justice League in Identity Crisis without breaking a sweat, and they're not wrong.

This is overpowering a character at the expense of any possible suspension of disbelief. And it's not like Harley needs that boost at this stage.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 12:37 AM   #27
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I don't think HQ overpowered the Trinity in any way, rather she just caught them off guard and the odds were in her favor thanks to Batman's paranoia.

Imagine for a second that you have the power of Superman or WW and a powerless goon of another criminal is in the same room with you. Are you gonna worry about anything this goon might do if you're that powerful? Batman, the weakest member of the Trinity physically, doesn't even worry about this chick.... so why would Superman or WW?

They were simply caught off guard. None of them can read minds, and nobody was expecting her to try and get the drop on the three of them. Which is exactly why she was able to make it happen.

Superman not being fast enough to save Batman isn't what bothered me either. It's the plain and simple fact Supes has more than that in his arsenal and he used NONE of it. Heat vision to her hands would've made her drop the lasso. Super breath could've put her through a wall. Ice breath could've froze her in place. I blame it on Tom King not writing Superman enough.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:31 AM   #28
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Doesn't he write the Walmart Superman book though?

This should have been caught by an editor.
Old 11-17-2018, 06:00 PM   #29
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

I'm not familiar with them, but are they even considered cannon? I might have to look into getting some of them if they're reader friendly for my 9 year old....

Last thing I wanna see though is Ultraman snorting Kryptonite like cocaine... it's the whole reason my son can't read Forever Evil.

EDIT: I was JUST thinking, what would the Kryptonite ring or shard HQ took from Batman be worth? If she sold it could she disappear to some island somewhere?

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 11-17-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:26 PM   #30
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Issue #3 is out and DAAAAAAAMN.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

This issue we legit see HQ club the shocked Wally/Flash while he's holding the dead Roy in his arms. We also see into how Sanctuary gives the heroes and villains treatment. In this issue we also get more info on the rest of the bodies and a little shocker that even the patients wear the white robes/hoods and gold masks to have anonymity.

So... among the dead so far we've got [assuming all the people on the last page are in fact victims and not just red herrings]....

Arsenal
Flash (Wally)
Blue Jay
Hot Spot
Lagoon Boy
Commander Steel
Gunfire
Tattooed Man II
Gnarkk
Red Devil
Protector (barely a Titans member, stand in for Robin in the 80's commercials he originally appeared in...)
Poison Ivy
Solstice
Nemesis

That's already 14 bodies and we know there's still a GL yet to be identified. So some of the people in robes in issue #1 seen from Superman's aerial POV were in fact patients or there were just more off panel. There's MORE than 13 victims... and man... some of these are so 5th and 6th string I'm not even a fan [looking at Gunfire and Protector...].

EDIT: Also, I'm betting HQ isn't the only one guilty of murdering the people at Sanctuary. The way Lagoon Boy was killed and the way Wally was killed what seemed moments after.... just seemed a little too different.

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 11-28-2018 at 08:28 PM.
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 02:03 AM   #31
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

No Baz corpse yet?

Poo.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:42 AM   #32
Andrew NDB
Shot Caller

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew NDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ωmega Man View Post
This issue we legit see HQ club the shocked Wally/Flash while he's holding the dead Roy in his arms.
So Wally is... not dead?
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #33
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

No, that is literally how he dies. The whole issue is a flashback. It was bizarre.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #34
Space Cop
The Dandy

Isn't it kind of risky to use the Kents as the Sanctuary avatars? What if some of the patients got curious about who the couple really are?

Quote:
...EDIT: Also, I'm betting HQ isn't the only one guilty of murdering the people at Sanctuary. The way Lagoon Boy was killed and the way Wally was killed what seemed moments after.... just seemed a little too different. . .
Agreed, mostly because we're only 1/3 through, so I doubt we understand yet what really went wrong.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #35
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Does Booster travel back in time and end up being one of the murderers after all, leading to Harley blaming him from the start? And if that is what happens, does DC really think that this is clever or surprising?
Old 11-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #36
Space Cop
The Dandy

^Well, that bit of him facing himself was pretty weird and feels important.

I like aspects of the story. The interviews are fun and I like seeing all the z-listers, but it's a bit of a mess.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:51 PM   #37
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
Agreed, mostly because we're only 1/3 through, so I doubt we understand yet what really went wrong.
Now that I've thought on it for a bit what if one of the characters at Sanctuary that's presumed dead is one of the culprits? Nemesis going rogue would essentially be like Marvel's Chameleon. Or maybe he snapped and killed a few heroes to "balance the scales."

Old 12-01-2018, 12:50 AM   #38
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Now that I've thought on it for a bit what if one of the characters at Sanctuary that's presumed dead is one of the culprits? Nemesis going rogue would essentially be like Marvel's Chameleon. Or maybe he snapped and killed a few heroes to "balance the scales."
I was wondering if it was significant that he got the final panel, but maybe that's making too much of it.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:01 AM   #39
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

He could look like anybody, bring someone's defenses down, etc. The main question is why? Is there a team of villains or a couple just hired or manipulated into doing this? Obviously any villain would want Kryptonian tech, secrets of the heroes, what have you. I could totally see Waller behind this and using HQ and somebody like Nemesis as patsies...

I also wondered about which heroes would choose to hide their faces at Sanctuary? Who could be that embarrassed? Or ashamed?

Old 12-06-2018, 08:19 PM   #40
JohnMc
Green Lantern

Quote:

Protector (barely a Titans member, stand in for Robin in the 80's commercials he originally appeared in...)
Protector was a stand in for Robin in the 80s Titans PSA comics. The books were sponsored be Keebler while Robin and the Batman IP was licensed to Nabisco. Robin wasn't available for the commercials since he was part of the Super Friends show. He was confirmed as a member of the Titans in the 87 Who's Who series [an Old series that gave bio information on all the DC characters].
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #41
JohnMc
Green Lantern

Quote:

I also wondered about which heroes would choose to hide their faces at Sanctuary? Who could be that embarrassed? Or ashamed?
The masks were so they could remain anonymous. Nobody would know it was them if they wanted.
JohnMc is offline   Reply With Quote