X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

"Sorry I punched your face.
    -Happens more often than you think."

The family and I pretty much felt meh about this. We didn't hate it, but didn't really care either. I did kind of like the last 20 minutes, though not being a fan of the cartoons, I just thought "wait, he's a live?!"

Comment

• Super Bowl Sunday double feature:

"All for one, and one for all."
      Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Erased (2012)
        [aka The Expatriate]

"He's just an engineer.
        -CIA Black Ops, you idiot! We don't make engineers."

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
        Super Bowl Sunday double feature...
        Is there connection? Is this your pre-show or in lieu of the game?
        I don't watch sports, so I'd be watching a movie tonight either way, but I remember one time my uncle came over for the bowl and I watched Star Wars (back when there were only 3) with my cousins.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 02-08-2020, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Is there connection? Is this your pre-show or in lieu of the game?
          I don't watch sports, so I'd be watching a movie tonight either way, but I remember one time my uncle came over for the bowl and I watched Star Wars (back when there were only 3) with my cousins.
          Its sort of a personal tradition to have a mini marathon on Super Bowl Sunday instead of watching the game. Then afterwards I go online and watch all the Super Bowl spots for upcoming movies.

Comment

• Groundhog Day (1993)

"Well, what if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today."

I'm very familiar with this flick, but haven't re-watched it in a few years. It was fun. Hard to believe it's 27 years old.

Comment

• They LITERALLY just aired the Old Bill Murray in Groundhog Day Again commercial for the Super Bowl. Fucking hilarious commercial.
              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Girl with all the Gifts (2016)

"Do you want a cat?
                -I already had one."

Comments in horror thread.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                They LITERALLY just aired the Old Bill Murray in Groundhog Day Again commercial for the Super Bowl. Fucking hilarious commercial.
                My mother shared that with me online. It was great. I had already seen the Ned Ryerson short version on Youtube.

BTW: for years (almost since the beginning) I thought one possible interpretation is that the bartender is aware of Phil’s loop and is possibly the cosmic force behind it. The odds are his smirks are a normal person’s reactions to bad pickup lines, but I was glad to find in a quick Google search that this is a pretty popular fan theory. Again, I think this is over reading it, but it's fun and not too far fetched (as opposed to the fan theory that Ned Ryerson is the devil and Phil is dead and in Hell).

Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 02-05-2020, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• In memory of the late great Kirk Douglas.
                  After 103 years, may he rest in peace.

Comment

• The Most Powerful Families in Wrestling (2007)

“It’s very hard to point your finger at one particular family and say, guys, this is the greatest wrestling family of all time.”

Arguably a video special, but as a documentary clocking in at 2 hr 19 min, I think it counts. Outdated in some areas, but very interesting. Just the WWE fams (sons, daughters, brothers, and a couple 3rd gens), but acknowledging where the connections were in other territories/properties.

Gunfight at the O.K. Corral (1957)

"The name of the game is solitaire."

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                    In memory of the late great Kirk Douglas.
                    After 103 years, may he rest in peace.
                    Ditto, but I chose my favorite (it also happens to be significantly shorter and therefore easier to fit in before bed).
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 02-24-2020, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Tolkien (2019)

Comment

• The Ferryman (2007)

"Payment."

Plays on the idea of the ferryman on the River Styx with body swapping (to avoid him). Cool concepts, but only so so in the execution.

Throw Momma from the Train (1987)

"The night was sultry!"

I had seen big chunks of this on TV years ago, but only saw it through yesterday thanks to Tubi.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 02-20-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark (2019)

Comment

• Annapolis (2006)

"You want to know why I stay in this room?
                            -Yeah.
                            Cause Jake, you're my Mississippi.
                            -I'm your what?
                            People who live in Arkansas, you know what their favorite state is?
                            -No.
                            Mississippi. Cause Mississippi's the only thing that keeps Arkansas from being the worst state in the whole country."

Watchable, but formulaic underdog-in-military-training flick. Interestingly, Justin Lin helmed this the same year as Tokyo Drift and there are a fewF&F alums in it.

Pinocchio (1940)

“Try to be good and always listen to your conscience.”

Watched it with fam as the film turned 80. It really is an amazing work and none of us had seen it in years.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 02-20-2020, 02:46 PM.

Comment

• Damn, I haven't seen that since I was a kid either. Always loved Monstro for some reason, probably because he was this huge force of nature.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Naked Gun 33 1/3: The Final Insult (1994)

"Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel things out."

Naked Gun 2½: The Smell of Fear (1991)

"Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr. Poopy Pants?"

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                                Damn, I haven't seen that since I was a kid either. Always loved Monstro for some reason, probably because he was this huge force of nature.
                                I was saying to my mother I remember being afraid of Pleasure Island and the concept of turning into donkeys, but as a kid, I actually thought Gepetto living in the whale was cool and kind of looks like fun. Probably would have been less so if they had kept the scene of he and the cat (Figaro) discussing starvation and contemplating eating the goldfish (that's true, too).
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 02-18-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X