Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps #3 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Locomoco808 View Post
    ...If the GLC ever stabilizes to the point again where we have some blue guardians in charge of the corps, Hal Jordan is in a weird spot. He is waay, waaaaaay above being the "Lantern in charge of Sector 2814". . .
    Yeah, but given a choice, Hal would probably prefer to just be one of 7200 GLs. It would be like Kirk in TMP; he's an admiral, but just wants to be a captain.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Yeah, but given a choice, Hal would probably prefer to just be one of 7200 GLs. It would be like Kirk in TMP; he's an admiral, but just wants to be a captain.

This pretty much. Hal can always revert back to being a test pilot and regular GL for sector #2814 in my book. I'm not slighted by any perceived step down, any more than I would be if Kyle stops acting like a God and became a normal GL again. At some point, cooler heads need to prevail and these characters brought back to basics and what they are supposed to be.

Comment

Another solid issue, good action and characterization with some art art. Plus the book continues to feel refreshing after the blech that was the previous run.

That being said the decompressed nature is just starting to wear thin on me...hopefully with the next issue we get into the meat of the story.

3/5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
          I'll be disappointed if this Fear Engine and the Hell Tower (or whatever it is called in Green Lanterns) are the beginning of a trend of each colored group building some new structure to pump them up...
          Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          We can't quit before the compassion app.
          The Star Sapphire marital aid?

Comment

I read the first three issues of this today and this title is off to a solid start. For readers who have never read a GL book, or are diving back in, it was imperative that Hal got back to basics. So far, we've seen just that. He's cocky, sarcastic, tenacious, and noble. He's also much more adept at using his ring than other ring slingers, and it was nice to see him being treated as particularly powerful by taking on a dozen or so of Sinestro's ruffians.
            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
            X