The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Other Comics
FLASHCHAT

Miscellaneous GL Comics

Old 06-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #1
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Default The (New) X-Men

Quote:
WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN #12
JASON AARON (w) • NICK BRADSHAW (A&C)
AVX TIE-IN!
• Kid Gladiator goes after the Avengers single-handedly!
• The X-Men from Wolverine’s school see the events of AVX and have a choice to make...
32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

Last edited by Lantern A-train; 06-22-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Lantern A-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #2
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #3
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
Marvel is proud to present your first look at superstar artist Salvador Larroca’s variant cover to X-Treme X-Men #1, an all-new ongoing series spinning directly out of the pages of Astonishing X-Men! Follow the team of Captain Howlett, Emmeline Frost, Kid Nightcrawler, and Dazzler as they embark on an epic journey saving the multiverse! But with one of the X-Men lost between dimensions and no guaranteed way home, will the adventure be over before it begins? New York Times Best Selling author Greg Pak and red-hot artist Stephen Segovia bring you the answers in X-Treme X-Men #1, coming to comic shops everywhere, theMarvel Comics app and the Marvel Digital Comics Shop this July.

X-TREME X-MEN #1 (MAY120705)
X-TREME X-MEN #1 LARROCA VARIANT (MAY120706)
Written by GREG PAK
Penciled by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
Cover by JULIAN TEDESCO
Variant Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
FOC – 7/2/2012, On Sale – 7/25/2012
Old 06-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Not going anywhere near that shit.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
Not going anywhere near that shit.
Same. It just has this horrible vibe to it.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #6
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

I dunno, it's basically just Exiles, and Pak is a decent enough writer.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I do like Greg Pak but I dunno I just dont see a draw to this, for me anyway
Old 06-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #8
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I do like Greg Pak but I dunno I just dont see a draw to this, for me anyway
It's multiverse gathering around, basically Exiles, but if you didn't like Exiles then this might not be your thing. Is it because it's called X-Treme X-Men?
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #9
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

No it's not the title. Dunno how to really explain it. Not saying it's going to be bad I'm just not interested.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

X-Men To Be A Bi-Weekly Comic From Bendis, Immonen And More?
Quote:
This is an anatomy of a rumour.

Back in February, we heard that after Avengers Vs X-Men, Brian Bendis would be moving to the X-Books. Writing the X-Men and Uncanny X-Men books, even.

We also heard more recently that Stuart Immonen would be drawing a bi-weekly comic for Marvel.

But the latest rumour, from a well connected, but new source, indicates that these may be two halves of the same story.

That Bendis may actually be writing a bi-weekly X-Men book, with switching artists on the book. Including Stuart Immonen. And possibly, as mentiioned in that earlier version, Brandon Peterson and Leinil Yu.

Basically rumours are breeding and having little baby rumours of their own…

The truth? Well that’s for another day. Maybe a Friday.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:23 PM   #11
Fearless
Agent Orange

...What's the play here with X-Men? I don't get it.
Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #12
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Frank Cho To Write And Draw Wolverine
Quote:
It’s a good day for comic book gossip it seems.

From a very reliable source, albeit one under the influence of alcohol, comes the word that Frank Cho is to write and draw the ongoing Wolverine comic book.

While making his career as a writer/artist with Liberty Meadows, Cho is best known for his art. I think that’s a shame, his writing is often quite stunning, King Zombie being a particular favourite of mine.

The last time he wrote for Marvel was the cheesecake Shanna The She Devil series. Commissioned as a MAX book it was eventually bowlderised to come out as something more suitable for teenagers, which can’t have been a pleasant experience and might have put someone off the whole process.

Well, it appears Frank Cho is back, and writing, in the latest details for the Great Marvel Switcheroo.
Old 06-29-2012, 02:32 AM   #13
Agent Purple
The Illustrated Man

I skipped on the Thunderbolts Fear Itself trade since I don't care for that series, and now since Marvel is offering the trade for Uncanny X-Men's Fear Itself arc, I'm wondering if I should snag it.

Advice?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:21 AM   #14
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Wolverine #310 Preview

Quote:
• The long-awaited sequel to EVOLUTION
• How did Sabretooth survive his beheading all those years ago?
X-Factor #239 Preview

Quote:
• Banshee versus…an actual banshee?!
• Strong Guy asks M out on a date. (Yikes!)
Old 06-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #15
Quaker
Leader of the Resistance

Send a message via Skype™ to Quaker

I love Bianchi's Wolverine, but I'm not sure I want to buy any more books right now. With Loeb, it could be a nice "Smash 'Em Up," fun comic.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
IonFan
Forum Member

Marvel Teases the Possible Return of Jean Grey

oh come on who didn't see this coming, more then likely it's part of a Marvel reboot (thanks DC ) or yes she's coming back to life only to set Cyclops back on the right path (not that i believe he's on the wrong path mind you)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:12 PM   #17
Tazer
That Evil, Yellow Bastiche

Yo.

Im just surprised it took this long given theres a storyline involving Phoenix going on..........

Tazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.
Tazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #18
IonFan
Forum Member

ya know i'm willing to put money that it has something to do with Hope (f@cking b!tch is killing mutants lift and right)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #19
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Uhhh which mutants has she killed exactly??
Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #20
Fearless
Agent Orange

Hasn't Hope actually been CREATING mutants since she arrived? (Rhetorical question; yes, she has.)
Old 07-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Hence why I asked. As far as I have seen she hasn't killed any mutant.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #22
Fearless
Agent Orange

The only "killing" I recall is Sinister, but he's still alive anyway, so...
Old 07-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #23
Marvelous Iggy
God Of Turtles

Send a message via Skype™ to Marvelous Iggy

Ionfan is just being a troll, and I think he might be referring to Nightcrawler.
Marvelous Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #24
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

Greg Pak Talks X-Treme X-Men

Go behind the scenes of Marvel's newest mutant launch and learn all about Dazzler's new team of extra-dimensional X-Men companions from writer Greg Pak!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:19 PM   #25
Hypo
Lil' Leaguer

Quote:
The MAX universe is a horrible, violent place. It has killed the Punisher and it's full of blood. Of course, fans wouldn't have it any other way. And now, Marvel is bringing one character to that world that, while a seemingly perfect fit, has never made an appearance. That's right: Wolverine MAX is on the way.

The series will be written by crime author Jason Starr, who also recently contributed to Marvel with The Untold Tales of Punisher MAX #1. I talked with Starr about the book, an ongoing series that will debut in October. You can also enjoy the awesome cover to issue #1 from none other than Jock:
Quote:
IGN Comics: First, congrats on the book! You also just had a story for the Untold Tales of Punisher MAX series – what draws you to the MAX universe?

Jason Starr: The MAX universe is a natural for me as a reader and writer, definitely my favorite line in all of comics. I’ve been a fan of the MAX books for years, especially Punisher MAX. I remember reading Garth Ennis’s stuff for the first time and how blown away I was. The whole concept of MAX, its total irreverence, resonated with me because it reminded me of the work of my favorite crime writers, such as Jim Thompson, Charles Willeford, and Patricia Highsmith. They were never afraid to push the envelope and risk offending everybody, and I found the same was true in the MAX books.

This was such a revelation for me because it seemed that way too many fiction writers had been playing it safe and shying away from taking risks. The line also resonated with me because for years I’d always taken a “to hell with it” approach with my own crime novels. In my books I’ve always tried to let loose, never hold back, go for what is true and honest in a story, and never censor myself or compromise my vision just to please some readers. I believe you have to write as if your family and friends don’t exist, and that is the whole vibe I get from the MAX books.

IGN: You’re primarily known as a crime novelist – is the transition to monthly comics something that you’ve been wanting to do for a while, or was it simply the draw of the project?

Starr: A combination. I’ve been looking for the right opportunity to do a monthly and I’m beyond psyched that it’s going to be Wolverine MAX. A couple of years ago, I wrote a graphic novel for Vertigo Crime, and then I did some more work for DC, including working with Brian Azzarello on First Wave. I learned so much from Brian, that was a real honor. My Justice Inc. back-up in First Wave was a monthly and I loved the challenge of building a story from month to month.

IGN: How is a MAX version of Wolverine – aside from an upped violence factor – different from the Logan we know in the normal Marvel Universe?

Starr: First off, yeah, there will be a lot of in-your-face violence, but it won’t be gratuitous. The violence will always come naturally from the characters and the storylines. To me “MAX” means going all the way, taking it to the max, letting loose, putting the pedal to the floor, but that doesn’t mean gratuitous—it means real, it means honest. And there are other, more subtle ways to push the envelope besides violence and sex. For example, I can push the envelope psychologically as well, reach into the darkness of Logan’s mind, and I intend to do that frequently.

IGN: Assuming that the X-Men don’t exist in the MAX universe, how is Logan’s life altered by their absence?

Starr: Logan has often been portrayed as a loner, and I’m going to play that up, get into every aspect of his aloneness, and loneliness. What does it feel like to be alone for hundreds of years, to feel unconnected to anything? This has had a big influence on Logan’s life and I want readers to get that.

IGN: Can you give us a general idea of the kind of plot we should be expecting in your first issues?

Starr: Don’t want to give away any secrets here, but it’s a plot that will take place in modern day Japan, and back to a time during Logan’s youth in Japan many years ago.

IGN: The solicitation suggests “a new look at Wolverine’s past.” Will you be revamping the character’s origin for the MAX Universe? How much of a role will the reveal of that past play in your ongoing story?

Starr: There will be some alterations to the back story that will help define Wolverine’s place in this universe, but all the changes will have a purpose. I don’t want to change anything just for the sake of changing it, and I’m always going to stay true to the soul of his character. The past is going to play a big role, as his past defines who is today. This dynamic of the past’s influence on the present interests me very much, and I see Logan as a sort of detective investigating his own mind, questioning his own experiences, a sort of ongoing self discovery project.

IGN: Is Wolverine a character that you’re drawn to in general? How do you manage writing such a different version of the character while retaining the things you enjoyed him in the first place?

Starr: Wolverine is my favorite character in all of comics which is why I’m so excited about this project. Over the past couple of years, I’ve written two modern werewolf novels for Penguin, The Pack and The Craving, so I’m definitely drawn, in general, to characters with wolf-like tendencies. But, to me, what makes Wolverine so intriguing is his psychology. More so than perhaps any other hero, there is a complexity to him that makes him endlessly fascinating, and I think that’s why so many writers have wanted to get a crack at him and why fans have been so enthralled. In the MAX books, it won’t be so much as what parts of Wolverine are retained, but which are accentuated. I want to focus on aspects of his personality that haven’t been focused on very much before.

IGN: Are there any members of Wolverine’s general supporting cast that you’d be interesting in importing to the MAX Universe?

Starr: There will be some familiar faces, but they will also be retooled to fit the storylines. Victor Creed, a personal favorite, will be involved, and some others.

IGN: Anything else you’d like to add about Wolverine MAX?

Starr: Just that, as a fan of comics, I’ve been waiting for the marriage of Wolverine and MAX for years, it seemed like such a natural to me. And now, to be the creator of it—well, that just amps up my enthusiasm to a whole other level.