The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #201
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

I love the show because I can watch it with my young daughters (who are too young for First Flight or Emerald Knights) and bond over the GLC mythos.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #202
Ultra_Stomper7002
Kyle's Nude Model

saw the episode "fight club" and just Pulled me In. kudos. Totally dig the show just never get to see an episode cause i oversleep alot but i got to see this one and golly did it deliver. awesome

"The Bigger you are the faster you burn!"
Ultra_Stomper7002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 12:24 PM   #203
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra_Stomper7002 View Post
saw the episode "fight club" and just Pulled me In. kudos. Totally dig the show just never get to see an episode cause i oversleep alot but i got to see this one and golly did it deliver. awesome
Well, you're in luck because from what I could see that was the least regarded show of the season. I still liked it, though.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #204
mrumsey
Fatality's Blacksmith

Today's your last chance to enter the drawing for a free copy of the soundtrack from the animated series. Here's a link to the entry page for anyone interested.

mrumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #205
Space Cop
The Dandy

"Never o'clock."

===spoilers===

Loved "The New Guy."
I even liked Guy being toned down, well-liked, and huggy.

And Hal got honor guard status.
Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 AM   #206
Byte Man
Corps Recruit

Did anyone else notice Brother Warth in the commercial break before the Hal-Guy Bro-fest? I am so stoked that the Blue Lanterns are getting more screentime!

Of course, being on Team Bro'Dee, that's to be expected. That, and the fact I taught my oldest daughter (5 years old) BOTH the Green AND Blue oaths. She recites them both perfectly now.
Byte Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #207
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Loved "New Guy" episode! Can't wait for this season to become available to own.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #208
Darth_Primus
Guardian of the Universe

I like how they introduced Guy into the series. It makes perfect sense. Additionally the chemistry between Hal and Guy went really well.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #209
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Yeah I really liked it. Guy and Hal were great together. Certainly better than anything going on in the comics right now!
Old 10-01-2012, 07:00 PM   #210
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
I want the Sinestro Corps War for the next season!!!!
They already did that. Except they called them Red Lanterns. An animated Sinestro Corps would bring nothing new to the table.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #211
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
Yeah I really liked it. Guy and Hal were great together. Certainly better than anything going on in the comics right now!
*Cowardly Lion: Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!*

I liked the chemistry between Hal and Guy, and was glad they had their obligatory battle. They were always getting into it in the early days of the books, so this was well-placed. I did think it was kind of silly to portray Guy as a rock star, though. Salak and Appa should not be wetting their uniforms over the mere sight of Guy.

I'm guessing that robot thing during the beginning of the episode was the Anti-Monitor. I was hoping Henshaw would be involved in some way, but I digress.

I wonder where, or how far they plan on taking Hal's Honor Guard role, and if Guy will be co-starring in future episodes.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #212
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

It is definitely the Anti Monitor.

As weird as it was I did kind of enjoy the way they made Guy look like everyone's favorite and kind of forgetting about Hal. I think Saalak was my favorite. "Is that Guy Gardner?!?!" LOL
Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #213
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Isn't Guy usually the A-hole that everyone hates?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #214
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Yeah but no one was really treating Hal like they hated him per se but just seemed to like Guy more. I don't think Guy has made any huge waves or done stuff to make them dislike him just yet.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:47 PM   #215
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
...I did think it was kind of silly to portray Guy as a rock star, though. Salak and Appa should not be wetting their uniforms over the mere sight of Guy...
Yeah, that was a big difference. I mean, in the comics, if there's anyone Guy hates as much or more than Hal, it's Salaak.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #216
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

GLTAS is not the comics. Try to remember that.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 PM   #217
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

It's gonna take some getting tie for me to stop expecting Guy say "The Hammers of Justice"
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #218
InterestingJohn
Alpha-Lantern

Send a message via AIM to InterestingJohn Send a message via MSN to InterestingJohn Send a message via Yahoo to InterestingJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD80MAC View Post
Sure, it's not the comics, and they're definitely going to do things different, there's nothing wrong with that, but the core of the characters should remain intact. Now, in the comics, Guy didn't start off as a colossal douchebag, so perhaps they're taking that angle, and something will happen and he becomes a massive jerk. It just seems very odd and out of character for Guy to be the popular one.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #219
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

Lightbulb

I've given the episode some serious thought after only watching it the one time... I think it's a dream, but can't tell who's dream, Hal's or Guy's... Or, the Guardians could be playing Guy, like they're doing in the comics... For some reason, I keep thinking about those Mercy plants from the comics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
Sure, it's not the comics, and they're definitely going to do things different, there's nothing wrong with that, but the core of the characters should remain intact. Now, in the comics, Guy didn't start off as a colossal douchebag, so perhaps they're taking that angle, and something will happen and he becomes a massive jerk. It just seems very odd and out of character for Guy to be the popular one.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #220
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOB spelled backwards View Post
I've given the episode some serious thought after only watching it the one time... I think it's a dream, but can't tell who's dream, Hal's or Guy's... Or, the Guardians could be playing Guy, like they're doing in the comics... For some reason, I keep thinking about those Mercy plants from the comics...
Now that's an interesting take, although for it to be Black Mercy's doing, it would have to be Guy that's having the dream as the BM creates the ideal, fantasy dream world. What's more perfect than Guy being the most popular Lantern in the corps, when in reality, he's a prick that very few can stand to be around?

I really doubt anyone writing these episodes actually thought this far ahead, but hey, I could be wrong.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:03 PM   #221
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by InterestingJohn View Post
Well, what John said. But, truthfully, it doesn't bother me. I enjoy the show, loved the episode and I like Guy and Hal being friends (though still grating against each other). I was just pointing out that that one particular relationship is almost the opposite of the comics.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #222
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

The treating of Guy like a rockstar seemed out of character for us as readers, but it wasn't HIM so much as how everyone treated him. And all of that was just to play up the angle that Hal was feeling replaced.

If Guy keeps on acting like Guy, he will fall from favor with the Guardians and his fellow lanterns soon enough. He's probably one outburst away from that I'm sure, and Hal will need to be the one to defend HIM.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 AM   #223
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
They already did that. Except they called them Red Lanterns. An animated Sinestro Corps would bring nothing new to the table.
Nothing new to the table? Umm yeah Sinestro and his corps are nothing like the Red Lanterns, and they only appeared in 7 of the 13 episodes last season. I want to see the SC in every episode of the next season.

That was a Red Lantern invasion, I'm talking WAR! And an actualy battle on Oa and maybe even Earth, and it only makes sense that we will see the SC in the future. With all those yellow crystals shown last season and Sinestro's appearance this season.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 10-02-2012 at 05:06 AM.
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #224
Guyver Lantern
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

I like this episode and the way they took Guy.
They built pretty good character arc for the two GLs.
Guyver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:54 PM   #225
GLJIMT

CH'P!!!!!!