The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #226
Superlantern
mmmm Beer!

Looked more like b'dg to me.
Superlantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:03 AM   #227
Big Blue Lantern
Corps Honor Guard

The Aya storyline was solid today, and her question about Razer was a nice touch. I'm glad she's being kept as a vital part of the show.

I don't like Anti-Monitor's head design, but his voice and powers more than make up for that.

I hope the Manhunters become more than just AM tools, and develop a personal war with the GLC at some point.

It was great to see Chaselon. I could really do without C'hp, although my kids loved him.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #228
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

I thought Ch'p and Chaselon were both funny. It was Tomar Re that wasn't very interesting.
Old 10-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #229
VeesFistOfDeath
Green Lantern

I like how this show builds. Im hoping Hal is now in the anti-matter universe and maybe he finds Sinestro there? wasn't there some footage or images of Sinestro on the show released recently?
VeesFistOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #230
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Great episode! I'm guessing the squirrel was C'hp, but he didn't have the overalls, although he was supposed to be a recruit.

It looks like Hal got blasted to Qward, where I'm guessing (and hoping) that he will find a banished Sinestro and the Weaponeer forging the Yellow ring from those fear rocks.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #231
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Sinestro will appear as a GL first, because that's what Geoff Johns demands!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #232
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

It would seem kind of pointless to send Hal to Qward without Sinestro being there or having a role. They could do a quick backstory to set it all up, which would make the most sense.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #233
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

I don't think he's going to Qward. That rift looked different than the one the Anti-Monitor came out of.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #234
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Pretty sure Hal is getting blasted to the steampunk universe that we saw the Red Son designed Lantern from in the promo they released for DC nation. Thats atleast my best guess.
Jeffi.Kaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 AM   #235
Lantern
Guy's Drinking Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
Pretty sure Hal is getting blasted to the steampunk universe that we saw the Red Son designed Lantern from in the promo they released for DC nation. Thats atleast my best guess.
Correct

From the center of all that is right,
To that which challenges all your might,
Never fade or give into strife,
Don't let it end...Live Your Life!
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #236
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I thought it was a little odd that Hal had, apparently, been totally unaware about what was going on with Aya, and when he found out, rather than ask somebody about it, he just jumped straight to busting in and breaking her out (and apparently deciding that destructive experiments on sentient AIs are OK, as long as it is one that he doesn't personally like).

I thought it would have been more in keeping with Hal's character to complain to the Guardians about Aya's treatment, THEN break in and bust her out when that approach didn't get him anywhere. And that still leaves me somewhat uncomfortable with the message that it is OK to sacrifice somebody, as long as you find them annoying, which we got from the replacement of Aya in the experimental chamber with the new AI.

I didn't like that there was no explanation at all as to why the Guardians were performing these "experiments" on Aya in the first place. I really hope that Geoff Johns' influence on the show does not extend to making the Guardians become evil...

Overall, though, aside from the Aya issues, I liked the show quite a bit, and loved seeing some old-school GLs.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:04 PM   #237
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Im thinking that maybe that Guardian with Aya was a predisfigured Scar? I agree that I dont want the Guardians to become evil in this show, but I could easily see it happening.

I wouldnt mind seeing an actual WAR of the Green Lanterns though with a few Guardians splintering off like Alla Ali Apsa, Scar, a few other possibly made up ones. Have them go against Ganthet, Sayd and others. Have Lanterns agreeing with different Guardians. Would be a great way to show Sinestro falling down the wrong path, being banished from the Corp and him recruiting other banished Lanterns to start the foundation of his own Corp.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:11 AM   #238
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

Quote:
Im thinking that maybe that Guardian with Aya was a predisfigured Scar? I agree that I dont want the Guardians to become evil in this show, but I could easily see it happening.
Yeah I wasn't sure about who his new female guardian was. So I thought about how she was kinda bitchy and how in a preview a guardian was fighting the Anti-Monitor, and then I put two and two together and realized she has to be Scar! I kinda looks like it to me here but I could be totally wrong.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:55 AM   #239
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
I wouldnt mind seeing an actual WAR of the Green Lanterns though with a few Guardians splintering off like Alla Ali Apsa, Scar, a few other possibly made up ones. Have them go against Ganthet, Sayd and others. Have Lanterns agreeing with different Guardians. Would be a great way to show Sinestro falling down the wrong path, being banished from the Corp and him recruiting other banished Lanterns to start the foundation of his own Corp.
Is Ganthet still in exile? It SEEMS like, after the rest of the Guardians apparently learned their lesson about hiding their past mistakes, that recalling him would make sense, but I don't remember that happening on the show.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:36 AM   #240
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

I havent watched all of the first part of season 1. Didnt even know Ganthet was in exile. But it could still fit in with Ganthet coming back and trying to appease to the Guardians and some agreeing with Ganthet and others refusing to budge on their position.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #241
Bob Sachs
Voice of Guy Gardner

We can dream though...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #242
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Yes. He is still in exile as far as we know. I think the next time we see him will be in the episode on the Blue Lantern homeworld.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #243
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
Yeah I wasn't sure about who his new female guardian was. So I thought about how she was kinda bitchy and how in a preview a guardian was fighting the Anti-Monitor, and then I put two and two together and realized she has to be Scar! I kinda looks like it to me here but I could be totally wrong.
Where are all these previews coming from? When the show went off the air, I didn't see any previews, or my DVR happened to miss a 10 second window.

If this female Guardian is Scar, that means they're setting it up for a Blackest Night of sorts.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #244
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

There was an extended preview for DC nation that popped up somewhere. I think it was online and not shown on CN.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #245
CeltiC5-27
Weaponer of Qward

^ Yeah what he said. You can see in the GLTAS news thread.

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527
CeltiC5-27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #246
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Whatever video that might have been up was taken down, however, there's a banner of an orange-coated Hal Jordan with an orange energy ring, gripping an orange power battery. Maybe the Anti-Monitor zapped Hal to Okaara.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #247
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Cant post vid link at work but try the links at this google search

http://www.google.com/#q=DC+Nation+e...w=1280&bih=871
Old 10-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #248
mrumsey
Fatality's Blacksmith

I've got that video embedded here as well.

mrumsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #249
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Thanks 'yall! Before, the one video I saw was a dead-end and my search engine took me to a bunch of old links.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:00 PM   #250
Hirogen
Kyle's Nude Model

Is this available on Netflix, Hulu or even online? I don't have cable anymore. I just finished up the Season 1 Volume 1 DVD and can't wait to see more.
Hirogen is offline   Reply With Quote