The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Green Lantern on the Screen
FLASHCHAT

GL in Animation

Old 08-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #751
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
We are, thankfully, finally beyond the need for anything from the "Baby Supplies" aisle. No more diapers for us!
Impressive!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #752
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

I'm getting the feeling that you are mocking me somehow. Yet, on further consideration, I decide, even if true, I don't care.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #753
Space Cop
The Dandy

I get my Monster sometimes (when I don't want to go to the farther but cheaper BJ's) at Walmart and often check out what DVDs are in the $5 bin. That's about it, with the odd exception.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 AM   #754
IonFan
Forum Member

what can i say, i like my sh!t cheap, so yeah i shop at Walmart, i for one don't care what they do to their employees (no ones forcing them to work there)

but yeah there are times i won't shop their (mostly at night.............. and on Sundays, too many buses if you know what i mean)

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:48 AM   #755
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I hit both Target and Walmart. I feel dirty when I leave Walmart, but that doesn't stop me from hitting the place for blurays, action figures and some grocery items. But even then, I leave the food and clothes shopping to my wife, so it's really just toys and movies.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 AM   #756
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

Welcome to the world of baseline economics, fellows. Tolerable goods at a reasonable price, and occasional service, are the hallmarks of any super-size retailer. I wish Home Depot sold toys, but they don't. Sears has not been the same since they dumped the catalog, and I still wonder why they bought K-mart; both are now sinking together, going the way of Woodworth and a couple of other major national retailers. I'll pit my 1960s era Craftsman tools against any competition!--but not this modern Chinese stuff. Tough economy. And as for toys and clothes and stuff, consider the value of layaway to a cash-starved low-wage family. Wally World has it, Sears and K-Mart discontinued it.

In the end all of my GL movie toys (the few I bought) and all of my GL DVD/Blu-Ray Combo Packs have come from either Wally World or Costco. Not worth the five bucks down the gas tank to drive around shopping for "deals."

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:51 AM   #757
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

Actually Kmart bought Sears. And Kmart still has lay away, at least at the holidays they do.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:34 AM   #758
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

finally got both part dvd's for my birthday today. Damn I miss this show. CN really messed up. I cant say that enough. I don't even watch CN anymore at all.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:00 AM   #759
Rotten2thecorps
Alpha-Lantern

I just bought a Skeletor Vs Mol-ar set at Big Lots for 10 bucks. I hope more Matty collector stuff shows up because there is no way in hell I am getting a subscription. I would like the Kyle, Goldface, face evilstar set. And maybe some of the GL movie toys that never made it into circulation in my neck of the woods.

I really wish the toy line for the series would have made it into production. I hate CN now.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #760
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I have no use for Batman or titans Go, so I'm all done with that station until they produce something on another childhood favorite of mine.

Such a shame. I wish this show had run a few more seasons. It was so good and just getting better as it went on.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:40 AM   #761
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
I have no use for Batman or titans Go, so I'm all done with that station until they produce something on another childhood favorite of mine.

Such a shame. I wish this show had run a few more seasons. It was so good and just getting better as it went on.
agreed. hopefully they at least take another stab at it or make a new justice league cartoon
Old 09-05-2013, 06:44 AM   #762
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

I'd give my left nut for a Justice Society cartoon. Or the Metal Men. Or Doom Patrol.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:20 PM   #763
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
I'd give my left nut for a Justice Society cartoon. Or the Metal Men. Or Doom Patrol.
What if they make all three? How many left nuts do you have?
Old 09-05-2013, 04:32 PM   #764
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
What if they make all three? How many left nuts do you have?
No nuts, and no adam's apple... and Dave already has children, so he can afford to give away his nuts like Halloween candy.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #765
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Yeah, fuck it. If I got those cartoons, they can take them all. I've done my share of repopulating. Every time my daughter argues about the car, I remember why we stopped at two.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #766
Robinson
Guardian Of The Universe

thank god.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #767
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
thank god.
Spawning two of me was more than cruel enough to do to the world. If I wanted to go down in history as a monster, I would have kept going.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #768
Agustus G.
Corps Recruit

Something I was enjoying about the series was the fact that they were starting to develop the Red Lanterns into dynamic individual charecters instead of the static mindless way they have been portrayed in the comics. The idea of the Reds was muddied in the books and I think it has ruined the idea of them as an entity within the GL universe. The "look" of the Reds suits was also starting to diversify instead of having the cookie cutter similarity and obvious ripoff of the standard GLC suits.

Just as everyone has been saying. It's a shame that CN dropped the ball here.
Agustus G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #769
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

Spoke to Mike Carlin yesterday at NYCC about what happened to the show and sinestro corps and blackest night animated movies. He says regarding the show, "there was not alot of good feedback about the movie" so toy sales from the movie were bad and when they wanted to market new action figures to do with the show, toy stores weren't interested because of so much still being left over from the movie and no one being interested.

-Secondly, animated movies with sinestro war and blackest night were in production at one point but then put on the back burner because of how green lantern not doing well with action figure sales. So, it was being made but then killed...womp. He just said anythings possible.

-Also, he said cartoon network wants to market more funny and kid friends stuff too. Teen titans go! is doing really well but Beware the batman is suffering.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:12 AM   #770
Evergreen City
Corps Den Mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
agreed. hopefully they at least take another stab at it or make a new justice league cartoon
Enjoying Justice League reruns this month on Netflix.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.
Evergreen City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #771
IonFan
Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchBearer2814 View Post
Spoke to Mike Carlin yesterday at NYCC about what happened to the show and sinestro corps and blackest night animated movies. He says regarding the show, "there was not alot of good feedback about the movie" so toy sales from the movie were bad and when they wanted to market new action figures to do with the show, toy stores weren't interested because of so much still being left over from the movie and no one being interested.

-Secondly, animated movies with sinestro war and blackest night were in production at one point but then put on the back burner because of how green lantern not doing well with action figure sales. So, it was being made but then killed...womp. He just said anythings possible.

-Also, he said cartoon network wants to market more funny and kid friends stuff too. Teen titans go! is doing really well but Beware the batman is suffering.
1) i really wish everyone would stop sh!ting on the GL movie, what's done is done let it go

2) YOU HAVE GOT TO BE F@CKING KIDDING ME

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
Old 10-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #772
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
1) i really wish everyone would stop sh!ting on the GL movie, what's done is done let it go
It's not even about that. It's just a fact that the toys didn't sell and it's a further fact that to succeed a cartoon needs a successful toy line.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #773
IonFan
Forum Member

The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and many others say otherwise

IonFan says

Quote:
Old 10-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #774
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonFan View Post
The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad, and many others say otherwise
All of which are prime time and not marketed to kids, but you go on over to Cartoon Network and argue to point.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #775
TorchBearer2814
Corps Honor Guard

Also, we were talking about batman animated series from the 90's and superman and how they were successful. He says it was because they had WB programming and they could do what they want so batman was dark and it appealed to everyone. They can't really do that with cartoon network. Cartoon network is very specific what they will allow and are not really open to stuff other than what they know. So basically BATMAN/Superman sells. Although its a little contradictory because Beware the batman is doing bad.