The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Red Lanterns/Warrior/Guy Gardner
FLASHCHAT

Red Lanterns

Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #51
Gl Josh
Senior Corps Member

Hmmm, currently only Atrocitus has an Entity and the War is about to start. This could involve the RLs going after the Entities with some other lanterns or even Atrocitus and Sinestro keeping there word and wiping out the Guardians and GLs after the War is over.
Originally Posted by BatmanofSector2814 View Post
I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....
Gl Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #52
W.West

Send a message via AIM to W.West Send a message via Yahoo to W.West Send a message via Skype™ to W.West

Jonah Hex fills a niche in the DC Comics line that no other book does. "Red Lanterns" wouldn't even be the only villain book...or even the SECOND villain book.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:51 PM   #53
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.West View Post
Jonah Hex fills a niche in the DC Comics line that no other book does. "Red Lanterns" wouldn't even be the only villain book...or even the SECOND villain book.
Yes, we mustn't forget the magical adventures of Gail Simone and the Secret Six.
JME2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:55 PM   #54
The British Lantern
Not A Moderator

oh great another comic I need to get. is it me or having all these GL related titles is just going to make it alot harder for new readers to start?
Old 01-04-2011, 12:01 AM   #55
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

4 books is hardly a lot. New readers would pick up GL. Nothing intimidating about that.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #56
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:

REALLY? One note personalities get their own ONGOING series just like that? When you have over 1000 characters that can't even get a whif of an appearance? REALLY? How can you justify 4 ongoing Green Lantern books and say the market can't afford to keep ANY of your highly praised co-features? Fuck me this is some stupid shit right here. When DCE brought the end to Wildstorm, I knew more titles would have to be added to the market, but how the fuck can you justify THIS series being first out of the gate?! Who the fuck put that shit at the top of the priority list? Have they not been reading Green Lantern? Atrocitus gets more fucking page time than Hal Jordan! He just had a whole fucking issue to himself, something Hal probably hasn't had in this entire volume. Who the fuck is making the decisions over there? RED LANTERNS? Seriously...someone must have wikiLeaks on speeddial with some dirt on Dan DiDio, Jim Lee AND Diane Nelson.
That was my initial reaction as well... until I got to the name Peter Milligan. I have faith in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
My first thought was: This is more important than a John Stewart ongoing?!?
Giving John a solo book would leave GLC as a Kyle solo book. And DC won't have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Exactly, and the name of the title is part of what makes me very skeptical. If they just named it after Atrocitus, then we could maybe end up following a story arc where he finally gets some resolution, and moves on and grows as a character. But "Red Lantern" just concentrates on the aspect that is, IMHO, least sustainable on a monthly basis. Red Lanterns are, it seems by definition, STUCK in a cycle of endless rage. There is no ROOM for development, by their very nature. The only really fascinating things about Red Lanterns, IMHO, are the stories of how they got that way, and possibly stories of some of them getting redeemed and moving on. But the story of what they are actually doing AS Red Lanterns? I can't see why I would care for very long...
You know, they could tell stories about how the Red Lanterns impact other, non-Lantern characters.
Michael Heide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #57
myuserid
Lantern Hex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
4 books is hardly a lot. New readers would pick up GL. Nothing intimidating about that.
And then they'll say, "This isn't anything like the movie. What are these purple people? There's a whole rainbow corps? This is dumb."

And then they'll put it down.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #58
Jeffi.Kaiser
Guy's Designated Dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by myuserid View Post
And then they'll say, "This isn't anything like the movie. What are these purple people? There's a whole rainbow corps? This is dumb."

And then they'll put it down.
Yes because EVERY single new reader GL will ever get will be because of the movie..
Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 AM   #59
Colonel Xonic
The Butcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Colonel Xonic

Who knows what this will be about, we have to give it a chance. It could be about the dismemberment of the corps, leading to the war.
Colonel Xonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:51 AM   #60
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Yes because EVERY single new reader GL will ever get will be because of the movie..
No. But some will. And it doesn't seem wise to scare them away.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #61
SD80MAC
Not a True Fan

Quote:
REALLY? One note personalities get their own ONGOING series just like that? When you have over 1000 characters that can't even get a whif of an appearance? REALLY? How can you justify 4 ongoing Green Lantern books and say the market can't afford to keep ANY of your highly praised co-features? Fuck me this is some stupid shit right here. When DCE brought the end to Wildstorm, I knew more titles would have to be added to the market, but how the fuck can you justify THIS series being first out of the gate?! Who the fuck put that shit at the top of the priority list? Have they not been reading Green Lantern? Atrocitus gets more fucking page time than Hal Jordan! He just had a whole fucking issue to himself, something Hal probably hasn't had in this entire volume. Who the fuck is making the decisions over there? RED LANTERNS? Seriously...someone must have wikiLeaks on speeddial with some dirt on Dan DiDio, Jim Lee AND Diane Nelson.
Can I quote you for an upcoming blog post?
Old 01-04-2011, 01:23 AM   #62
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Again, for those of us with budgetary concern, it is a problem.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:35 AM   #63
BLUELCMISHRA
Supreme Dalek Overlord

I'm stoked i cant wait

BLUELCMISHRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:55 AM   #64
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JME2 View Post
True, but if it doesn't have GL in the title (and I doubt they're calling it Green Lantern: Red Lantern), it's a tie-in, not a GL book, so you don't have to get it for the GL collection.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #65
HonorGuardLantern423
Weaponer of Qward

I'll probably pick it up, but honestly Green Lantern has always been one of my favorite DC characters and this is even pushing it for me. While I'm excited that GL is getting more books and is successful, its kinda getting out of hand with this. GL is the new Batman and Superman of DC. Do we really need 4 books? No, and before long there will start to be many pointless minis/maxis that are sidestory styled and that don't really fall into cannon just like Batman and Superman books.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:57 AM   #66
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cop View Post
True, but if it doesn't have GL in the title (and I doubt they're calling it Green Lantern: Red Lantern), it's a tie-in, not a GL book, so you don't have to get it for the GL collection.
Given how linked all the GL books are, I'm worried that it eventually will be included in the proceedings.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 AM   #67
Michael Heide
Heide Finition

Quote:
Not when you realize that this replaces Brightest Day. Which was two issues a month.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #68
Godmera
Champion of the World

Send a message via AIM to Godmera Send a message via Yahoo to Godmera

Quote:
Actually I don't see that as much of a problem since DC is going back to a $2.99 price point on there books.
Godmera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:13 AM   #69
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

For me it's not so much the money when it comes to all my pull list, it's the lack of interest. I only buy about 10 titles a month, and it seems like half of my pull list is GL related. So 3 bucks a pop isn't really a problem for me.

I do think they are pushing the limit of what GL fans may be willing to buy though. We're right about where we were in the 90s when everything imploded and they canceled it all for the Kyle revamp.
Old 01-04-2011, 02:24 AM   #70
ns2
Your Clash At Demonhead

I have a feeling that no stories will be told cause they have to wait on GJ and his time line

Look at EW the first 4 issues could have been condense to one but we couldn't know what the pact was until Krona was revealed on GL

ns2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #71
Gauntlet101010
Alpha-Lantern

The reds, eh? I'm suprised, but I shouldn't be. Out of all the corps they're getting the most love.

Ironic that most here thought they'd be gone after Blackest Night. I agree, they're all one note characters. I guess that'll change.
Gauntlet101010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:09 AM   #72
IonFan
Forum Member

i for one am ok with this, h@ll i'd be ok if they give all the Corps ongoing titles but only to a point, not made of money ya know

IonFan says

Quote:
F**k all the "Haters" 3 years in and i still support our dear leader, one Donald J. Trump
IonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:11 AM   #73
Raker616
Corps Honor Guard

Sounds interesting i'll give it a try for the first couple of issues, anytime that Dex-Star gets some page time in a comic it immediately draws my interest. This really does nothing for my budget because once BD ends that drops 2 comics a month from my list and i'm not reading EW or GLC. I have no clue why anyone thinks they have to get comics just because they are a part of a family of books, to me it's all about how interested I am in the writer and the story he's telling. Neither GL-EW nor GLC are doing it for me at the moment so that's why I pass on them and just stick with the main GL book and BD others should do the same.
Old 01-04-2011, 03:27 AM   #74
Larfleazy E
Sinestro's Sparring Partner

the only thing i dont like about atrocitus is that his face is unable to show any different expression than the one he has. he is like joan rivers.
Larfleazy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 AM   #75
JME2
Corps Honor Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Heide View Post
Not when you realize that this replaces Brightest Day. Which was two issues a month.
Except Brightest Day was going to give way for the Flash: Speed Force book and Flashpoint for me.