The Green Lantern Corps Message Board

Go Back   The Green Lantern Corps Message Board > Green Lanternverse > Red Lanterns/Warrior/Guy Gardner
FLASHCHAT

Red Lanterns

Old 09-12-2011, 10:29 PM   #51
TazzMission
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
Guess you haven't paying all that attention to these forums.
i admit. i just been so wrapped up in arguments in qward.

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of WWE Network subscriptions were suddenly cancelled.
TazzMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #52
Big Daddy Dave Skywalker
Moisture Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
I know, which is why passing one thing off as a "cash grab" and not another thing makes no sense.
Would "short term investment" be more fair?
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #53
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

I'll say this lasts a year (12 issues). Initially, it will have a huge fan following and quickly fade into obscurity when people figure out that the RL's are one-dimensional.

Within the 12 issues, I hope they give us the long-awaited Krypto vs. DexStar match-up they've promised.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 PM   #54
Tommy Boy
Hal's Understudy

If blue midget godzilla-people can beat Dex-Starr's ass, Krypto would absolutely monkeystomp him.
Tommy Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #55
Mister Ed
Horse of a Different Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Boy View Post
If blue midget godzilla-people can beat Dex-Starr's ass, Krypto would absolutely monkeystomp him.
I have to agree, as amusing as the idea seems conceptually, Krypto is FAR more powerful than Dex-Star.

But does Krypto even exist in the DCnU?
Old 09-14-2011, 05:12 PM   #56
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
I have to agree, as amusing as the idea seems conceptually, Krypto is FAR more powerful than Dex-Star.

But does Krypto even exist in the DCnU?
Probably not, you know he's not considered cool acording to DC (so for a while) his history is probably in trouble.
Mister.Weirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:38 PM   #57
Sylent_Asassin
Black Lantern

If Krypto was never killed, he will exist in the DCnU. They just won't use him until they see fit. Hell, Beppo and Comet will probably exist in the DCnU if they ever find a reason for using them.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #58
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
If Krypto was never killed, he will exist in the DCnU. They just won't use him until they see fit. Hell, Beppo and Comet will probably exist in the DCnU if they ever find a reason for using them.
They'll keep in limbo for a while then.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:33 PM   #59
Nowen
Hal's Understudy

After reading issue #1, which did find enjoyable, I am going to have to guess that we will see atleast a year of Red Lanterns. I don't see a full two years unfortunately.

Sig by Zander Yurami
Nowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:52 PM   #60
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayk View Post
After reading issue #1, which did find enjoyable, I am going to have to guess that we will see atleast a year of Red Lanterns. I don't see a full two years unfortunately.
And why?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #61
Maverick_GL

Send a message via MSN to Maverick_GL
Default :Moderator:

Quote:
And why?
There's no staying power. First off, these are all relatively new characters, and at that, they're attached to a huge gimmick. There is only so far you can go with these characters before they're thrown out. I guarantee you you won't see Atrocitus as a main stay in 10 years, but you will see Superman and Batman.

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman
Maverick_GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #62
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_GL View Post
There's no staying power. First off, these are all relatively new characters, and at that, they're attached to a huge gimmick. There is only so far you can go with these characters before they're thrown out. I guarantee you you won't see Atrocitus as a main stay in 10 years, but you will see Superman and Batman.
Only time will tell what will happen. I think it is possible that the Red Lantern series will last for more than a year.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #63
Space Cop
The Dandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Cormier View Post
"Ended", and replaced with New Guardians. I honestly think the same thing will happen with NG and RL. DC is smart enough to know when to get these books offstage. If they cancel them and replace them with another lantern related title, the sales never slip too much. They can keep the buzz from a new title and roll it over again and again. Why let a title languish over time if you can keep the numbers up by revamping it every year or so?

Pretty smart idea if you think about it.
Maybe, but there's no real precedent as far as GL titles are concerned. Since volume 4, they've just added—added GLC and EW without replacing another title.

Quote:
Well yeah but everything is made with intent for money more or less.
Yeah, because people tend to like to be paid for their work. Very few artists start with "I hope this never sells."
Old 09-19-2011, 02:09 PM   #64
Lantern2814.20850
Green Lantern

I think it'll last all the way to issue 900 and such and just when you think we're on final approach for the Thousandth issue tptb will decide to do a mass reboot!.........Oh wait! we're talking about Red Lanterns?!? oh! well that'll last a year and a half to two years.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #65
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
I think it'll last all the way to issue 900 and such and just when you think we're on final approach for the Thousandth issue tptb will decide to do a mass reboot!.........Oh wait! we're talking about Red Lanterns?!? oh! well that'll last a year and a half to two years.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:08 AM   #66
GLJIMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylent_asassin View Post
I'll say this lasts a year (12 issues). Initially, it will have a huge fan following and quickly fade into obscurity when people figure out that the RL's are one-dimensional.

Within the 12 issues, I hope they give us the long-awaited Krypto vs. DexStar match-up they've promised.
but their not any more, now basically you have a corps full of rage fueled, mini spectres.

they likely have the highest sense of right and wrong as the wrong drives them insane to the point of pure rage.

that's what issue 1 set up
Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #67
Mister.Weirdo
Guardian of the Universe

I was told from another online message board (from another user) that several people at his comic book store are asking for there money back from buying the Red Lantern book (of course he makes me believe that he made the whole thing up). Did this happen to anyone else?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #68
Mister Ed

Quote:
I was told from another online message board (from another user) that several people at his comic book store are asking for there money back from buying the Red Lantern book (of course he makes me believe that he made the whole thing up). Did this happen to anyone else?
Did this person own or work at a comic book store? I can't imagine anybody at my LCS ever coming out and telling me that kind of info, even if people WERE trying to return the issue. Of course, I'd also never think to ask the question, probably.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #69
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

I really hope they dont oblige. Can you go to a regular book store and say I did not like this book I want to return it?
Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #70
Mister Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern A-train View Post
I really hope they dont oblige. Can you go to a regular book store and say I did not like this book I want to return it?
Well, usually, unless you damaged it (or opened it if it was sealed), you can return it no questions asked. I haven't returned a book for a while, but last time, you didn't even need a receipt if you were willing to exchange for something else.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:10 PM   #71
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Hmm interesting.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #72
Mister Ed

Heck, it seems like some bookstores will happily let you sit there and read the book on site, even providing comfy chairs. I can't imagine having the gall to take them up on that. (When I want to read a book for free, I prefer to check it out of the library and read in the comfort of my own home. )
Old 09-20-2011, 07:23 PM   #73
Lantern A-train
Guardian of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Heck, it seems like some bookstores will happily let you sit there and read the book on site, even providing comfy chairs. I can't imagine having the gall to take them up on that. (When I want to read a book for free, I prefer to check it out of the library and read in the comfort of my own home. )
B&N let's you do that. Some people say it's stealing. I feel that if the store has an actual desiginated area for it then not so much.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #74
Mister Ed

Quote:
B&N let's you do that. Some people say it's stealing. I feel that if the store has an actual desiginated area for it then not so much.
If they set it up for you, I don't think its stealing (unless you damage the book in the process and just stick it back on the shelf and walk out, which I'm sure happens), but somehow it still seems tacky. I'm sure I'm just old-fashioned that way, though.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:27 PM   #75
Parallax2814
Green Lantern Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Parallax2814

Quote:
Books a million does as well. Never understood it, why let people read it for free in comfort.

On the other hand, you had the dbags who would clutter the aisle up by sitting in the aisle to read with their legs stretched across the length of the aisle. Those idiots need to be ushered to the chairs.
Parallax2814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
red lanterns